Flybird Condo

JimTripper

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya Plaza is better than Flybird but in the same bracket along with Nirun, 9 Karat, Pattaya Pad

but pattaya plaza has good noise insulation.....not like new condos where you can hear another person fart through the walls

29 minutes ago, parafareno said:

but pattaya plaza has good noise insulation.....not like new condos where you can hear another person fart through the walls

There are other older condo blocks around 1m baht that are much better than those listed, better maintained, in Pratumnak and Jomtien

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

There are other older condo blocks around 1m baht that are much better than those listed, better maintained, in Pratumnak and Jomtien

Let's say modest nice condo rent is  12,000 13,000 baht a month

It would take around 10 years to break even on a 1,000,000 baht condo including maintenance fees......

Advantages.....Your condo is paid off after 10 years

Disadvantages ....You're stuck living there, unless you can sell at a good price

A 2 million baht condo would be 20 years

Edited by redwood1

On 12/19/2022 at 8:45 AM, ezzra said:

Put some bars on the window and it will resemble  a prison's cell...

No. Or perhaps yes?! This is a photo from there that I found on Google Maps. 

16726187148900.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Let's say modest nice condo rent is  12,000 13,000 baht a month

It would take around 10 years to break even on a 1,000,000 baht condo including maintenance fees......

Advantages.....Your condo is paid off after 10 years

Disadvantages ....You're stuck living there, unless you can sell at a good price

A 2 million baht condo would be 20 years

Yep although depends on age if worthwhile, younger the better. 50s and early 60s makes sense financially 

An off topic post and a reply talking about laughing emoticons has been removed:

11. You will not stalk other members by using forum posts, private messages, the use of emojis or any other means.

On 12/31/2022 at 2:04 AM, newnative said:

Where exactly in that sentence am I 'advising'?

This is what you said:

"I would check to see if foreign quota is available as that is a big plus if it is.  If it isn't, you have to set up a company to buy in company name and there is paperwork, with expenses, that needs to be filed every year.  People go through the hassle of company ownership so they can buy houses and nice condos in desirable projects, such as Northshore, where foreign quota is full."

Sounds to me you are "advising" on how to buy a condo when the foreign percentage of ownership is already taken, particularly where you say, "you have to set up a company."  . 

Once again, is setting up a Thai company, solely for the purpose of owning a property here, legal, or illegal?  It's a yes or no answer? 

On 12/31/2022 at 3:07 AM, newnative said:

I am not and have never been a real estate agent, here or anywhere else. 

You have stated in many previous posts that you flip properties, privately.  Hence, the conflict of interests in your posts regarding property on this forum.   Same Same as an agent. 

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

You have stated in many previous posts that you flip properties, privately.  Hence, the conflict of interests in your posts regarding property on this forum.   Same Same as an agent. 

I post experiences I have had buying and selling property as a buyer and a seller, not as an agent.  For example, from past experience, I have said I would not buy off-plan except from a large, well-financed, experienced developer with an excellent track record of completing projects.  I posted that as a buyer, not as an agent, and from experience.   Readers are welcome to take that however they want--or avoid my posts completely.   It's the same for whatever else I post that is real estate oriented--it's based on my and my partner's experiences buying and selling 20-some properties here.  Feel free to ignore, disregard, or skip the posts.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

This is what you said:

"I would check to see if foreign quota is available as that is a big plus if it is.  If it isn't, you have to set up a company to buy in company name and there is paperwork, with expenses, that needs to be filed every year.  People go through the hassle of company ownership so they can buy houses and nice condos in desirable projects, such as Northshore, where foreign quota is full."

Sounds to me you are "advising" on how to buy a condo when the foreign percentage of ownership is already taken, particularly where you say, "you have to set up a company."  . 

Once again, is setting up a Thai company, solely for the purpose of owning a property here, legal, or illegal?  It's a yes or no answer? 

Explaining how something is done is not 'advising'.  The pros and cons of using company ownership have been debated extensively on the Forum.  Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

I post experiences I have had buying and selling property as a buyer and a seller,

Like I said, a conflict of interests. 

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

It's the same for whatever else I post that is real estate oriented--it's based on my and my partner's experiences buying and selling 20-some properties here. 

Like I said, Same Same.  No different to being an agent, and it shows in your posts. 

12 hours ago, kinyara said:

I'm far more interested in reading posts from people who have personal experience of a topic being discussed than those that haven't. It's like the guys from other parts of the country who feel a desperate need to comment negatively on all things Pattaya when they have no current relevant experience living in the city, utterly pointless. 

I researched foreign ownership of property on Thailand, thoroughly, before deciding it was not for me.  Likewise, I researched the property market here, and found it was not a wise investment.

You don't need to have your name on a piece of paper to be be able to comment on this subject. 

Bying a unit in Flybird, 9 Karat condo or Nirun, all at the bottom end of the market.

If one never going to have friends over or a live-in gf, and don't mind live in a tiny shoebox size, up to you.

Only know 1 foreigner who live there, who go by the nickname 'johnny kin-jao' (cheap charlie) by the girls.

Enuff said????

On 1/9/2023 at 7:51 AM, JimTripper said:

Caring what other people think was not a factor for me and never considered. It’s all about what works for me.

If you go down the impress other people road what you have is ever enough.

Where do you get this from?

You missed my point.

Has nothing to do about impress other people.

The unit is tiny.

Not suitable for more than 1.

A future live-in gf would mean one had to sell and move. Not very smart or practical.

The building has a bad reputation.

If living here, and be ridiculed by temporary guests, and give you a certain nickname in public, you wouldn't mind. Ok. Good to know.

"Impress other people" where do you get this from?

I come with facts, I didn't say buy a condo for minimum 3 mill baht, to impress the ladies, did I?.

You should really read twice, before you quote and reply to a post.

3 hours ago, Shop mak said:

A future live-in gf would mean one had to sell and move.

Nonsense.

3 hours ago, Shop mak said:

If living here, and be ridiculed by temporary guests, and give you a certain nickname in public, you wouldn't mind.

A fantasy, nothing to be concerned about anyway. Business is business.

15 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Where do you get this from?

You missed my point.

Has nothing to do about impress other people.

The unit is tiny.

Not suitable for more than 1.

A future live-in gf would mean one had to sell and move. Not very smart or practical.

The building has a bad reputation.

If living here, and be ridiculed by temporary guests, and give you a certain nickname in public, you wouldn't mind. Ok. Good to know.

"Impress other people" where do you get this from?

I come with facts, I didn't say buy a condo for minimum 3 mill baht, to impress the ladies, did I?.

You should really read twice, before you quote and reply to a post.

If people were really coming over and gossiping around town about it you have a point. I would either not live there or not invite people over I did not trust.

Seems unlikely however. In Thailand people rarely lose your face unless they are really mad and spiteful. I’m surprised they did that to him if he was an otherwise good guy. Probably something else going on there.

You can get that sort of thing even in a nicer place, it depends on who is invited over. A hi so comes in and it looks like your poor.

I think it would be more of a problem in China. Are you Chinese?

Edited by JimTripper