Literally held hostage. Who can help?

THAIPHUKET

I tried before & failed. See screenshot. It shows the startup page of windows hello. 

My PC Is Huawei laptop. Op system W11.

I can't get beyond this overlay from Hello to reach Google Chrome.

That is my op system exclusively, since almost ever. 

No matter what I with my limited knowledge try .

It doesn't work.

Can't reach a single file.

Who can help?

PXL_20221220_080204361~2.jpg

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

try going into the task manager .....   press Control /  Alt  /  Delete  keys  at the same time.

If task manager does open see what is running ... then right click on it .... and go to ' End Task '  

Since the whole system is blocked, i e. Can't get to T-manager. 

Perhaps I can trick it by trying to kill whatever is running via Android mobile.

Do you see any risk ? What to avoid?

• Haha 1

Have you tried shutting down, and restarting? Hold the startup control down or across until the screen goes blank, then wait 30 seconds before booting up again.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Have you tried shutting down, and restarting? Hold the startup control down or across until the screen goes blank, then wait 30 seconds before booting up again.

Or try getting into the bios or safe mode, depends on the make of your PC as to which button to press. Huawei ????

Obvious first step, make a choice from the two on the screen ?

Pwer down the laptop, remove the battery, wait 1 minute, reconnect mains power only, restart the machine.

Next, if you dont know it, google the "safe mode " key [examlle F7) for your machine, power down the unit and power it back up holding the safe mode key.

If unsure about any of the above, j7st take it to your nearest tech shop. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

P.C's have built in battery's these days , the "knock-out" blow of just removing the battery is no longer an option 

Laptops have a battery on which to operate, PCs, as in towers or AIOs,  do not.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Battery's on laptops are stuck inside the casing and so you would have to take the computer apart to get to the battery , tower PC's you can just pull the plug out

Sorry, I must have misunderstood when you said 'P.C's have built in battery's these days'

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry, I must have misunderstood when you said 'P.C's have built in battery's these days'

Batteries are built inside the PC, inside the closed casing , previously they were outside the casing and detachable .

To shut down the PC you just have to remove the battery , these days that's not possible

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Batteries are built inside the PC, inside the closed casing , previously they were outside the casing and detachable .

To shut down the PC you just have to remove the battery , these days that's not possible

Sorry, I am calling tower units  PCs, as opposed to laptops.

Windows 10 and 11 often advertise features during installs and upgrades that have nothing to do with where you are in the install.

I don't think the Windows Hello message has anything to do with the install/upgrade.  It just seems to be asking you whether you want to keep you files or now which you would get during a "reset my PC".

I've only upgraded on of my computers to Windows 111 so far and I don't remember being asked that but you don't state how you got to this situation.