Sinsod

FriendlyFarang

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Real story: a bargirl I know was negotiating with a Farang over Sinsod - she needed cash so she could stop working after marriage. This took place two weeks ago. 

This week, the Farang has gone home, and she has taken up with another Farang. 

I don't know if the Sinsod was paid. 

She probably told her parents she was working in a restaurant.

In Thai culture Sinsod isn't paid for sex workers.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

She probably told her parents she was working in a restaurant.

In Thai culture Sinsod isn't paid for sex workers.

or previously married/ living with, or had children, or ( probably ) if not a virgin.

If I take one thing away from the sinsod debate ( on this and on many other similar threads ) it is that some farangs really do leave their brains at the airport.

By all means play the game and give it for show, but freaking' don't give it for real.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2022 at 5:56 PM, youreavinalaff said:

No. It isn't true.

A village wedding has no bearing on law.

In Thailand. Do they have the concept of "Common Law Wife"? Where if a couple have lived together as man and wife for a certain period of time, they are classed as married. This meaning that in any separation, possessions are divided equally..

i'm sure that I read of it somewhere, but I may be wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

In Thailand. Do they have the concept of "Common Law Wife"? Where if a couple have lived together as man and wife for a certain period of time, they are classed as married. This meaning that in any separation, possessions are divided equally..

No.

A village wedding does not count as a legal wedding for division of the spoils.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

IMO that's a western invention, probably because too many men were not being ripped off when they left a loveless partner. Can't have women missing out on the goodies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, phetphet said:

No 'common law marriage' in Thailand.

If you don't want to share, you just don't get married.

Even the female Thai PM was unmarried as she didn't want to share her fortune.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

or previously married/ living with, or had children, or ( probably ) if not a virgin.

If I take one thing away from the sinsod debate ( on this and on many other similar threads ) it is that some farangs really do leave their brains at the airport.

By all means play the game and give it for show, but freaking' don't give it for real.

I guess those that could comfortably afford a little sinsod don't drop into these threads, as life could well be harmoniously rolling along,  but many don't appear to 'take that away'

I took the time to teach my wife to cook sausage egg and chips, my daughter to make banana and chocolate muffins life is good, my little sinsod to help pay for the family wedding money well spent

As the song goes 

"It's not where you start its where you finish' ????????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2023 at 1:02 PM, 473geo said:

I guess those that could comfortably afford a little sinsod don't drop into these threads, as life could well be harmoniously rolling along,  but many don't appear to 'take that away'

I took the time to teach my wife to cook sausage egg and chips, my daughter to make banana and chocolate muffins life is good, my little sinsod to help pay for the family wedding money well spent

As the song goes 

"It's not where you start its where you finish' ????????

I married a chef for a large restaurant organisation. Life was good till it wasn't.

On 12/30/2022 at 4:47 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

No.

A village wedding does not count as a legal wedding for division of the spoils.

Yet, a traditional civil tamboon or familial ceremony is looked upon, within the culture/society, as perfectly proper and acceptable - sans the Amphoe or "legal" registration. 

Know of numerous couples, throughout the years and decades, that didn't bother with the registration process and get on quite nicely without too many worries. 

Mind you, this indifference to a legal marriage certification is probably become much lesser [almost nominal] in today's Thailand as the society has been forced to exist in a manner of overwhelming legalities........carefully borrowed from perceived civilised Western values. Kinda sad.

On 12/30/2022 at 4:41 PM, phetphet said:

There was a time that societal law naturally overruled the highly invented political legalities.  

On 1/2/2023 at 11:49 PM, zzaa09 said:

There was a time that societal law naturally overruled the highly invented political legalities.  

Political inventions such as division of assets, alimony etc were brought in with good intentions in a different world, where wives were abandoned with nothing and ex wives faced likelihood of never remarrying a supporter husband.

In an age of equality, they were subverted into a means by which the woman could get as much as possible, even if it meant ( or perhaps because it meant ) the ruin of the guy and loss of assets he paid for.

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2023 at 11:44 PM, zzaa09 said:

Yet, a traditional civil tamboon or familial ceremony is looked upon, within the culture/society, as perfectly proper and acceptable - sans the Amphoe or "legal" registration. 

Know of numerous couples, throughout the years and decades, that didn't bother with the registration process and get on quite nicely without too many worries. 

Mind you, this indifference to a legal marriage certification is probably become much lesser [almost nominal] in today's Thailand as the society has been forced to exist in a manner of overwhelming legalities........carefully borrowed from perceived civilised Western values. Kinda sad.

Yet without a legal wedding in LOS, the woman gets nothing from the man if he abandons her, unless he chooses to give her something.

• Like 1