Female Motorcyclist Crushed to Death by Six-Wheeler in Sri Racha

snoop1130

320789407_818395469459149_8677543612733421460_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

A female factory worker was fatally crushed by a six-wheeler while heading home in Sri Racha yesterday, December 20th.

Bowin police coordinated with Sri Racha rescue services to respond to an accident at the intersection near Phan Sadet Nai School in Chonburi’s Sri Racha district. The victim, 24-year-old Ms. Wannapa Kabil, was found dead beneath a six-wheeler without a license plate.

The victim’s head was seriously wounded, according to rescuers. Her crushed motorcycle helmet and her red Honda Wave motorcycle lay nearby her body. Her colleague only identified as Somsri told rescuers that Wannapa worked at a factory in the Rojana Industrial Estate.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/21/female-motorcyclist-crushed-to-death-by-six-wheeler-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-12-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

8 minutes ago, NE1 said:

While the two of them were traveling home, Wannapa’s vehicle accidentally tripped over a pothole and fell, Somsri stated. The truck beside her then ran over the victim and instantly killed her.

The unidentified truck driver was taken to the Sri Racha police station for legal charges.

I hope they are not charging the poor sod with her death , which while sad , has nothing to do with him.

It looks to me like the truck was driving in her lane. The truck driver is also required to provide adequate clearance while overtaking.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

It looks to me like the truck was driving in her lane. The truck driver is also required to provide adequate clearance while overtaking.

I think if the truck had been at fault the passenger would have said , something .

Maybe the video might have shown the police something along the lines of what you said.

Edited by NE1

2 minutes ago, tgw said:

in theory, yes. in practice ... you know how it is on Thai roads.

if they tackled the most serious problems on Thai roads, 90% of deaths would be avoided, and this doesn't even rank in the list of most serious problems.

they should fine and suspend the driver in a way that doesn't destroy his life. it's not worth making an example of him while millions are still driving through red and in the wrong way on streets.

Thai road rules are not very different from those found in many western nations. I imagine they have the same traffic crimes on the books. Why should they not prosecute pursuant to those laws? Your logic that everyone drives badly so they shouldn't make an example of one doesn't cut the mustard.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tgw said:

priorization.

if you start slapping the book at everyone for everything, people will just not care and accept the situation as a lottery - as it is now - nothing will change.

they should start with mercilessly enforcing a handful of rules and enforcing the rest too, but in a balanced manner. in that way, it would be possible to slowly improve the situation.

destroying individual people's lives when genuine accidents happen will not help the situation in any way and will create more criminals.

His negligence killed a 24 year old woman.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

His negligence killed a 24 year old woman.

true. but it's not criminal negligence nor gross negligence.

he just drove his truck as anyone does in Thailand, not keeping a safe distance when overtaking is something all drivers do, even the good ones occasionally.

justice is not revenge. part of justice is considering how big a fault was, not just the outcome.

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

The huge difference is that laws are enforced in Western Countries and drivers abide by those rules , as rules are barely enforced in Thailand, they are pretty much ignored by all to such an extent that the roads have become lawless 

Just stop this trash.

One of the reasons I used the Railway Line Bypass Rd, rather than Sukhumvit. Trucks cannot see you down there and the drivers are impatient, often exhausted and make dangerous actions. This is so sad a young woman killed like this, but so often they have so little road sense.... 

12 minutes ago, rwill said:

Looking at the photo there are no potholes in the concrete road.  It looks in good shape.

It is more likely that she was traveling on the dirt shoulder and fell into the lane.

Rather a lot of supposition going on there....most bike riders would avoid the dirt shoulder, they are very bumpy and extremally dangerous if one touches the front brake. These trucks (and other vehicles) will attempt to squeeze past and not give sufficient clearance.... it can be quite frightening. 

• Like 1

Similar death a few years ago to a 21 year old girl, but it never made TVF.   Fell, head crushed, and her friends were numb with hopelessness.   This is Thailand, where cars are too expensive if you are in school or work for 10000 a month.  In America, I probably owned and sold over 10 cars, never a motorcycle.   Got older, bought an SUV.   Not easy to in Thailand for most, but they have to travel.  Sad endless loop of deaths.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jchfriis said:

This is the reason I claim my space when riding a motorbike. I keep up with the speed of traffic and stay in the middle of my lane. If you want to overtake me you have to overtake as if I was driving a car.

Active riding making you big and seen! 

keep the traffic behind you! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jchfriis said:

This is the reason I claim my space when riding a motorbike. I keep up with the speed of traffic and stay in the middle of my lane. If you want to overtake me you have to overtake as if I was driving a car.

Do you find you get beeped and buzzed? My bike is not that fast and I am often overtaken with very little clearance... and lane, and lane markings, are not observed in Thailand.... (certainly my Pattaya area). The locals certainly cannot hold a lane round a bend!

Edited by jacko45k