Kerfuffle on a bus! Mask-less passenger told to get off after other passengers complain

webfact

37 minutes ago, Dan O said:

That's not accurate info. Chinese wear mask everywhere. Just because they don't show it on TV that's a image control tactic nothing more 

They absolutely do not. As I've posted above, I have watched many street scene videos of China on YouTube, recently filmed, and almost no-one in any of them are wearing masks.

3 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

On Japan- you're incorrect,  this is a revisionist myth. Japanese wore masks pre-covid infrequently, and typically only those who were sick and kept going to work, instead of staying at home.

Don't take my word for it. Google search a Shibuya crossing(busiest intersection on earth)  scene 2019 and tell me how many masks you see.  

This is not true, I just saw a 2018 photo of the Shibuya crossing and most wre not wearing masks.

• Haha 1

If you’re wearing your mask and another person isn’t wearing theirs then how do you think you are going to get it. I thought the whole purpose of the mask was to protect yourself. I don’t understand the logic here, especially when you’re outside. So who is at risk? The people wearing masks or the people who aren’t? At least I’m glad you can’t get it while eating. ????

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I guess some don't get that private companies can make their own rules. If they insist on passengers wearing a mask, wear one or get off the bus.

Remember California in the 70's, "No shirt, no shoes, no service"?

Since when were the buses private? They operate under the BMTA.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

She asked him to put it on and he refused

What a jerk.

Sometimes you need to be flexible and not some "look at me I'm so righteous".

Hopefully it was the last bus and he ended up walking to his destination. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

And it can be mandated by the airlines the have their own rules aside for the guidance given by destination countries via IATA guidelines 

Do you have a single example of any airline in the world that's making their own rules on mask wearing when the departure/destination country doesn't require it? 

Doubt there's no mainstream ones that are doing this- why would they? As for the IATA, they couldn't wait to get the masks off!! 

8 hours ago, blackshadow said:

thort anutin......had said months ago that there WAS NO LAW regarding mask....

it was reported on here !!!!

However that does not apply on public transport, buses, trains, Skytrain and the subway system. You are also requested to wear masks in crowded public spaces.

If you don't wear one then you may well be refused entry or service.

You need to read up on the rules properly.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

However that does not apply on public transport, buses, trains, Skytrain and the subway system. You are also requested to wear masks in crowded public spaces.

If you don't wear one then you may well be refused entry or service.

You need to read up on the rules properly.

Happy new Year celbrations with maskwearing... massgatherings and we will see

6 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

This is not correct, there is no law regarding mask wearing. That was a single statement by a health official that was widely reported in multiple articles. 

There is no law/mandate for public transport. If there was, the airlines would be enforcing it, as they were when there was a law in place. They are not. 

It is a privately owned service, they can make whatever rules they want.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

No, incorrect. It operates under the BMTA, a public government service. Not privately owned. 

I'll repeat, there are no mask rules for public transport in Thailand. 

And I'll repeat, private bus owners can impose whatever rules they want to, show me where it says that air con bus is not privately owned.

Citybuses in Greater Bangkok are served by a state-owned citybus operator Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) and private operators sub-contracted by either BMTA or Department of Land Transport.[1][2] Since began operation, BMTA acted as the bangkok bus lines concessions owners. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bus_routes_in_Bangkok

• Like 1