My 90-day reporting experience in Buriram Immigration

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

You were very lucky.

Not even required to file a TM30 change of address? 

No surprise that you had issues at CW. Which would be down to you and not the immigration office. 

I’m not sure what TM-30 is TBH. If it’s required, then I’m pretty sure it was filled out for me, but I can’t confirm if that was the case. What I can confirm is that I didn’t fill it out and neither did my wife. 

Just now, macgt3 said:

I’m not sure what TM-30 is TBH. If it’s required, then I’m pretty sure it was filled out for me, but I can’t confirm if that was the case. What I can confirm is that I didn’t fill it out and neither did my wife. 

The TM30 is for change of address. 

You changed your address and did not file a TM30. 

As stated earlier you were so lucky with the helpful treatment you received at Burriram.

Most offices would have not been so helpful.

Your swipe at CW is not required as you are not aware of the requirements. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The TM30 is for change of address. 

You changed your address and did not file a TM30. 

As stated earlier you were so lucky with the helpful treatment you received at Burriram.

Most offices would have not been so helpful.

Your swipe at CW is not required as you are not aware of the requirements. 

You’re right, I’m not aware of the requirements. That’s because my Thai wife takes care of all that for me.

According to her, everyone in the BKK immigration office told her that she can only change the address used for 90 day reporting in Chiang Rai because that was the address under which my visa was registered. 

No such “rule” in Buriram. Address was changed on the spot. No questions asked. 

I’m also confused by your references to me being “lucky”. Are you saying that this won’t happen again?

I only saw one officer there running the entire show. So unless there are different officers on different days, why would my next 90 day report there be any different?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, macgt3 said:

BTW, I just asked my wife. She told me that the TM30 was filled out by the immigration officer. He asked for her Thai DL and nothing else. 

Just be happy and enjoy the good luck you received, it is rare to get such assistance free of charge.

You were obviously in the right place at the right time.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, macgt3 said:

I only saw one officer there running the entire show. So unless there are different officers on different days, why would my next 90 day report there be any different?

The office, at the stadium you went to was due originally  to be at the border near Ban Kruat, which has never been opened as planned 5 years ago. I know the pleasant "maskless" officer quite well, even in the midst of Covid waves he was reluctant to wear one. So to come back to your question, there is another Immigration office, somewhat larger and quite nice too, about 4 km down the road, and, in the fullness  of time, the stadium one might move to its final destination at the border.

9 hours ago, macgt3 said:

You’re right, I’m not aware of the requirements. That’s because my Thai wife takes care of all that for me.

According to her, everyone in the BKK immigration office told her that she can only change the address used for 90 day reporting in Chiang Rai because that was the address under which my visa was registered. 

No such “rule” in Buriram. Address was changed on the spot. No questions asked. 

I’m also confused by your references to me being “lucky”. Are you saying that this won’t happen again?

I am not sure if you are trolling.....but Immigration status and activities are YOUR responsibility.

Your ignorance of the procedures is likely to bite you at some point. Giving up on the simple online reporting is perhaps an indication of your attitude.

You may or may not be aware how corrupt that office(r) is.

16 hours ago, macgt3 said:

Started doing it online and instantly gave up

What is wrong with the online system its the easiest way of doing the report. I registered with the system last year and once registered the reports are easy. I did my latest report this week whilst lying on the beach. Input name, passport number, arrival date, extension or visa end date and submitted. I had the approved 90 day slip back in my e mail the next day. All done from my phone. Simple.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

I am not sure if you are trolling.....but Immigration status and activities are YOUR responsibility.

Your ignorance of the procedures is likely to bite you at some point. Giving up on the simple online reporting is perhaps an indication of your attitude.

You may or may not be aware how corrupt that office(r) is.

I disagree. It’s handled by my wife and that’s not against the law lol. 

So it’s certainly not my responsibility. Never was and never will be. I refuse to deal with immigration BS here. We have a deal where she takes care of immigration paperwork here and I take care of it back home in the US for her (which is much simpler BTW). 

If that burden is ever placed on me, I’ll gladly leave Thailand. No problemo. 

Edited by macgt3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, macgt3 said:

So it’s certainly not my responsibility. Never was and never will be. I refuse to deal with immigration BS. 

Pretty much sums up your thread.

You have the wife take care of everything and not even remotely aware of the requirements to live in Thailand.

TM30 being one example. ....

"If that burden is ever placed on me, I’ll gladly leave Thailand. No problemo." ....

Sums it up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jimn said:

What is wrong with the online system its the easiest way of doing the report. I registered with the system last year and once registered the reports are easy. I did my latest report this week whilst lying on the beach. Input name, passport number, arrival date, extension or visa end date and submitted. I had the approved 90 day slip back in my e mail the next day. All done from my phone. Simple.

What’s wrong with the online system is that it asks for a <deleted> ton of documents to be uploaded. Definitely more than just “[inputting] name, passport number, arrival date, extension or visa end date and submitted”. Not sure if you’re trolling or just making stuff up.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Pretty much sums up your thread.

You have the wife take care of everything and not even remotely aware of the requirements to live in Thailand.

TM30 being one example. ....

"If that burden is ever placed on me, I’ll gladly leave Thailand. No problemo." ....

Sums it up. 

I never once claimed that I’m even remotely aware of the procedure. So what’s your point exactly?

I simply shared how easy and quick it was to report in Buriram. That’s all. Is that against the rules? lol

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Sounds painless. 

Nice report.   Almost makes one want to move to Burriram.

Almost. 

For the record, we live in Bangkok and I don’t see myself ever moving to Buriram.

We stay in Buriram about once or twice every three months because that’s where my wife is originally from. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

The office, at the stadium you went to was due originally  to be at the border near Ban Kruat, which has never been opened as planned 5 years ago. I know the pleasant "maskless" officer quite well, even in the midst of Covid waves he was reluctant to wear one. So to come back to your question, there is another Immigration office, somewhat larger and quite nice too, about 4 km down the road, and, in the fullness  of time, the stadium one might move to its final destination at the border.

Good to know ????

Looks like Ban Kruat is a lot closer to where we stay than Chang Arena. So if the office moves there at some point, that would be awesome. 

19 minutes ago, macgt3 said:

For the record, we live in Bangkok and I don’t see myself ever moving to Buriram.

We stay in Buriram about once or twice every three months because that’s where my wife is originally from. 

In that case you didn't even need to deal with Burriram immigration.

You could have done your 90 day report to Bangkok immigration online.

Now you will need to do another TM30 when you return to Bangkok.

Be aware that you can file your TM47 using your Bangkok address from anywhere in Thailand either online or via mail.

Guessing your wife doesn't know that. 

Here is link for online filing of 90 day report.

Note that since you did a TM30 at Burriram you will need to do another at CW before you can use it.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Love It 1

45 minutes ago, macgt3 said:

So it’s certainly not my responsibility. Never was and never will be. I refuse to deal with immigration BS here. We have a deal where she takes care of immigration paperwork here and I take care of it back home in the US for her (which is much simpler BTW). 

LOL ...no using the missus is not against the law.

BUT....relying on them often backfires (Immigration and elsewhere)

34 minutes ago, macgt3 said:

What’s wrong with the online system is that it asks for a <deleted> ton of documents to be uploaded. Definitely more than just “[inputting] name, passport number, arrival date, extension or visa end date and submitted”. Not sure if you’re trolling or just making stuff up.

The latest reporting on-line system is a vast improvement on the old system, have used both.

Don't know where either system asks you to upload a ton of documents

4 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Don't know where either system asks you to upload a ton of documents

That's because it doesn't.

You are correct. 

The link I posted above for online report has zero uploads.

However now that OP filed report in Burriram (lives in Bangkok) he will need to file TM30 at CW and then can use online. 

• Like 1

OP bro is living in thailand but in another dimension.. 

no info about TM30.. can do his 90 days where ever he wants.. IO doing everything for him... IO can speak english... no masks (i think mask is a must and i agree)... 

the only surprising thing in that dimension of thailand is they took his photo... 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In that case you didn't even need to deal with Burriram immigration.

You could have done your 90 day report to Bangkok immigration online.

Now you will need to do another TM30 when you return to Bangkok.

Be aware that you can file your TM47 using your Bangkok address from anywhere in Thailand either online or via mail.

Guessing your wife doesn't know that. 

According to my wife, we wont have to do TM-30 again. We needed to change my address from Chiang Rai to Buriram and now I’m officially registered at her house in Buriram.  

Her reason for doing so was to avoid all the immigration BS in Bangkok. She found out through other couples that doing anything immigration related in Buriram was easier, including the 90 day report. This ended up being true. 

Bangkok immigration office would not let us move my address from Chiang Rai. We spoke to multiple officers and they all told us this could only be done in Chiang Rai. We don’t know why, but that’s what we were told. That’s one of the reasons why we didn’t attempt it online. Since we were in the area, it was easier to stop by Chang Arena and get this over with quickly. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

LOL ...no using the missus is not against the law.

BUT....relying on them often backfires (Immigration and elsewhere)

Believe me, I’m not concerned. I’m not tied down to this place like some of you may be. If it’s time to go, I go. It’s not like I have to stay here. 

Not that I don’t enjoy staying here. It’s just that I can enjoy myself back home ,as well. 

28 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

can do his 90 days where ever he wants.

Except CW they didn't want to know.

Will Buriram Immigration be able to find him at his registered address (where he has told them he lives) for his home visit or will they send Buriram officers to Bangkok to find him or maybe they will subcontract the job to Bangkok Immigration.

4 hours ago, macgt3 said:

You must be using the wrong online system, zero docs are required. You need to apologise for accusing me of trolling

Screenshot_20221223-145021_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221223-145030_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221223-145040_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 1