Marriage visa cost and advice

There are no more fees to pay.

When you return, you just hand over your passport over to the appropriate officer and sit and wait for them to stamp you passport. 

Sometimes they may still be waiting for confirmation that your extension has been granted and you will have to return in a couple of days.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Thank you. I still need to do 90 day reporting? If I want to travel outside Thailand I need multiple entry paying extra. Right?

You need to do 90 day report if staying in Thailand for 90 consecutive days.

Every time you exit your 90 day clock starts again on reentry date.

As for reentry permit yes you need to purchase at immigration or airport at departure. 

That's a TM8 form.

1000b single reentry and 3800b multiple

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

When you return, you just hand over your passport over to the appropriate officer and sit and wait for them to stamp you passport. 

The have inappropriate officers too? Guess that's why they get referred here to as IOs?

12 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

I’d like to know what happens on 20 Jan and what other fees are applicable?

As others have said, nothing, just rock up and get your stamp.

One thing I believe you may need after you obtain you stamp is to do, is for you to go back to do your 90 days, i.e. for the 1st time, after that you can do it online, real easy and less of hassle, e.g. no travelling, no waiting at IO. 

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

As others have said, nothing, just rock up and get your stamp.

One thing I believe you may need after you obtain you stamp is to do, is for you to go back to do your 90 days, i.e. for the 1st time, after that you can do it online, real easy and less of hassle, e.g. no travelling, no waiting at IO. 

OP says he was on a non OB prior, so presume he is already doing 90 day reports. It may cause some confusion as OP may think 90 day has been reset.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Thank you. I still need to do 90 day reporting?

If I want to travel outside Thailand I need multiple entry paying extra. Right?

The 90 day report is (in principle) totally separate from anything else and MUST always be done if you are in Thailand for a continuous period of 90 days or 90 days since your last report.

The in principle is in italics because some offices will automatically do a report when you change your reason for your permission to stay .

Also it is important to note that you do not have a visa you have a permission to stay and the rules are subtly different. Yes if you leave Thailand you need a reentry permit or you will have to start again.

You should also expect that the immigration police will visit you during the under consideration period to verify that your marriage is de facto and de jure, they almost always ring before the visit to confirm a convenient time. Your wife must be present and at least one of your neighbours. For most immigration offices this will be the only visit though some visit more often 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, AustinRacing said:

If I want to travel outside Thailand I need multiple entry paying extra

You may obtain and pay for the multiple enter or do as the Dr. suggested and obtain a reentry permit before each trip. How often you travel may be your deciding factor.

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Probably i got it wrong but have a question:

How can you apply to non-o marry your non-b in thailand? 

You mean you change the reason of extension?

Yeah. The actual terms depend mostly on the province. Everything will be by the book in BKK for sure; some others can be friendlier ????

18 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Probably i got it wrong but have a question:

How can you apply to non-o marry your non-b in thailand? 

You mean you change the reason of extension?

I am on non b visa for work. After 5 years on it I’m retiring so had to switch to extension based on marriage. 

• Thumbs Up 1