Doomsday warnings for 2023

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm with the Swedish Minister:

No rare earths are mined in Europe at the moment and a Swedish minister hailed the find as a way of reducing the EU's dependence on China.

Great news despite it not being enough

Good news in a doomsday tread? 

????

Of course it is good news for independence in the long term. Norway will also contribute with seamining as well conventional mining, and at same time pollute more to pollute less. Big concerns with fjord deposits, but hey we do it for the futures sake.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Good news in a doomsday tread? 

????

Of course it is good news for independence in the long term. Norway will also contribute with seamining as well conventional mining, and at same time pollute more to pollute less. Big concerns with fjord deposits, but hey we do it for the futures sake.

Massive pollution so people can use stupid phones and electric cars. what's good news about that?

On 1/3/2023 at 8:07 AM, redwood1 said:

It took me about 6 months before I was 100% sure the Earth was flat......I got so angry  at one point I watched flat earth youtube videos for 16 hours a day for 10 days in a row in 2017........Now its almost impossible to do that because youtube shadow banns good flat earth videos...

Well, perhaps you can help me.

See, I like to go on looooong hikes, but now you tell me the Earth is flat. I'm afraid that on one of my hikes I might get to the edge. If I happen to 'fall off', where do I fall to? It's a big damn Universe, and I'm worried I'll fall into the Pleiades Cluster or maybe Andromeda. I'm not so worried about falling into Betelguese, as that's in this galaxy, but once outside, I think there might not be mail service, and my family will worry.

Oh, and while I've got your attention, can you tell me why a lunar eclipse doesn't look like a giant theta? I mean, wouldn't that be how it would look if the world was flat?

• Haha 1

this is the wikipedia entry on flat earth.

it claims it is scientifically disproven, yet ancient cultures believed it ... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

Flat Earth is an archaic and scientifically disproven conception of the Earth's shape as a plane or disk. Many ancient cultures subscribed to a flat-Earth cosmography.

The idea of a spherical Earth appeared in ancient Greek philosophy with Pythagoras (6th century BC). However, most pre-Socratics (6th–5th century BC) retained the flat-Earth model. 

14 hours ago, save the frogs said:

this is the wikipedia entry on flat earth.

it claims it is scientifically disproven, yet ancient cultures believed it ... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

Flat Earth is an archaic and scientifically disproven conception of the Earth's shape as a plane or disk. Many ancient cultures subscribed to a flat-Earth cosmography.

The idea of a spherical Earth appeared in ancient Greek philosophy with Pythagoras (6th century BC). However, most pre-Socratics (6th–5th century BC) retained the flat-Earth model. 

That was before they had ships that sail around the World and airplanes that fly in one direction and arrive back in the same place 

On 1/12/2023 at 12:07 PM, redwood1 said:

......But the lies, and spoon fed dumbness that is dished out 24/7 in this world is almost incomprehensible..

Don't know who has been spoon feeding you, but in just this thread I have learned a few things about you:

-unbelievable gullible

-lacking knowledge of science, and more specifically, gravity, friction, motion, optics...and a host of other things bordering on EVERY thing

But if latching on to conspiracies and absurd beliefs give you joy, knock yourself silly

My predictions for 2023.

1. No changes of any significant nature will happen with regard to politics here. If a youthful candidate emerges, who is very popular, he will be arrested on trumped up charges or discredited by the Prayuth mafia. 

2. The dire warnings about covid will be ignored by the rational and reasonable amongst us. 

3. We will see more inflation, and less customer service, from the morally challenged multi national companies. 

4. The stock market will see a major correction. 

5. Real estate prices will drop around the world. It likely won't affect land values here, but the condo market could get alot softer. 

5. Those of us who are able to ignore the nonsense, and maintain a sense of humor, will continue to lead very good lives here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This will not be limited to the US by any means. Remember who gutted the EPA of its scientists?

Study suggests US freshwater fish highly contaminated with ‘forever chemicals’

Eating just one serving of freshwater fish each year could have the same effect as drinking water heavily polluted with “forever chemicals” for an entire month, a new study finds.

The equivalent month-long amount of water would be contaminated at levels 2,400 times greater than what’s recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) drinking water health advisories, according to the study, published Tuesday in Environmental Research.

https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/3815490-study-suggests-us-freshwater-fish-highly-contaminated-with-forever-chemicals/

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 11:55 PM, Walker88 said:

Don't know who has been spoon feeding you, but in just this thread I have learned a few things about you:

-unbelievable gullible

-lacking knowledge of science, and more specifically, gravity, friction, motion, optics...and a host of other things bordering on EVERY thing

But if latching on to conspiracies and absurd beliefs give you joy, knock yourself silly

Unfortunately most/ like almost everyone is just to lazy, they don't care, or they just don't have the brain power to follow the truth to wherever it may lead with all the things you just mentioned.......Take the flat earth.....Anyone who seriously takes the time to study the flat earth will become a flat earther.....I mean at least 3-4 days of solid study, not 5-10 minutes....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Unfortunately most/ like almost everyone is just to lazy, they don't care, or they just don't have the brain power to follow the truth to wherever it may lead with all the things you just mentioned.......Take the flat earth.....Anyone who seriously takes the time to study the flat earth will become a flat earther.....I mean at least 3-4 days of solid study, not 5-10 minutes....

Do you ever feel alone? 

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

This will not be limited to the US by any means. Remember who gutted the EPA of its scientists?

Study suggests US freshwater fish highly contaminated with ‘forever chemicals’

Eating just one serving of freshwater fish each year could have the same effect as drinking water heavily polluted with “forever chemicals” for an entire month, a new study finds.

The equivalent month-long amount of water would be contaminated at levels 2,400 times greater than what’s recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) drinking water health advisories, according to the study, published Tuesday in Environmental Research.

https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/3815490-study-suggests-us-freshwater-fish-highly-contaminated-with-forever-chemicals/

That's a worry. If American freshwater fish are bad what about Thai fish

34 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Some don't realise you're having a laugh. Americans are known to miss some types of humour.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

Of course, it there were to be a nuclear war it would lead to serious climate change. Real climate change; not the stuff we have now.

For the great majority of humans and animals, life would be unbearable. Unless we had a way of living underground or in outer space. Outer space will be only possible for the elites, so underground is the way to go. However, most of us would be doomed.

The best way to avoid dying is to prepare. Dig a deep hole and get in enough food and water to last for about 5 years. As soon as the bombing starts, get down the hole and stay there until all the provisions are used up, then come to the surface and take stock.

IMO, WW111 is in the early stages now. Isaan is as good a place as any to be; but not next door to the VoA transmitting/listening station, which would surely get a nuke. And not too close to China, as in the Chiang Mai region.

That's my assessment, and now I'm off to get me bottled water and baked beans.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Of course, it there were to be a nuclear war it would lead to serious climate change. Real climate change; not the stuff we have now.

For the great majority of humans and animals, life would be unbearable. Unless we had a way of living underground or in outer space. Outer space will be only possible for the elites, so underground is the way to go. However, most of us would be doomed.

The best way to avoid dying is to prepare. Dig a deep hole and get in enough food and water to last for about 5 years. As soon as the bombing starts, get down the hole and stay there until all the provisions are used up, then come to the surface and take stock.

IMO, WW111 is in the early stages now. Isaan is as good a place as any to be; but not next door to the VoA transmitting/listening station, which would surely get a nuke. And not too close to China, as in the Chiang Mai region.

That's my assessment, and now I'm off to get me bottled water and baked beans.

Im not sure I want to take up space if a full scale nuclear war happens. My two cent

Im not going to bunk up weapons and other survival stuff, and it is not anything that keeps me awake during the night. Nothing keeps me awake to be true. 

We all going to die, but hopefully not today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im not sure I want to take up space if a full scale nuclear war happens. My two cent

Im not going to bunk up weapons and other survival stuff, and it is not anything that keeps me awake during the night. Nothing keeps me awake to be true. 

We all going to die, but hopefully not today 

I hope not today too. I've got things to do.

You think I'd be willing to die because some nutters want to punish another country? No way

There is no need for for war in this day and age. But! Have to be aware of a false flag event that could trigger the nuke exchange. Get prepared people!!

• Like 1