Doomsday warnings for 2023

Social Media

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

Cleaning the compost for heavy metals and seperate the chems take a quite costly process. 

He explains that the main difference between human waste and livestock manure is that human waste contains pathogenic organisms and heavy metals such as arsenic, cadmium, chromium, lead, selenium and mercury in sewage sludge.  These potentially dangerous substances are not found in livestock manure. 

"The EPA makes clear scientific distinctions between livestock manure and human waste, where a significant number and variety of harmful pathogenic organisms and disease causing agents can be found," Dr. Ndegwa said. "For anyone who understands the nature of the two waste streams, there is no scientific basis for classifying livestock manure nutrients the same as sewage sludge as the latter pose significantly higher potential threats to the environment and human health."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/expert-clarifies-differences-between-human-waste--livestock-manure-271866411.html

Someone should inform the Koreans of that, then.

https://www.businessinsider.com/north-korea-encourages-use-poop-make-manure-fertilizer-shortage-reports-2022-1

North Korea is asking its citizens to use their own poop to make manure as the country faces widespread food shortages, reports say.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Someone should inform the Koreans of that, then.

https://www.businessinsider.com/north-korea-encourages-use-poop-make-manure-fertilizer-shortage-reports-2022-1

North Korea is asking its citizens to use their own poop to make manure as the country faces widespread food shortages, reports say.

You suggested that chemical toilets replace water in the poorest countries. This is about fertiliser. Could you keep your ducks in a row?

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

See if going without water is a better idea.

IMO the wars of the future in Africa will be about water. Check out what is happening on the Nile.

Absolutely ridiculous. False dilemma.

Fact is currently the world doesn't need desalination plants and only doomsday cult countries have such needs and funds (Israel). I'm not saying there won't be some time in the future...

Egypt is a total mess whatever you are directing my attention to.

Africa, perhaps. Why not? Mineral wealth to be exploited. Central Asia - O&G.

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

NB all the below is IMO

1/ Stock markets are gambling for rich people. Far as I'm concerned they can vanish and the world will be better for it.

4/ Ukraine war will end when American taxpayers stop the government giving all the money to arms manufacturers.

5/ Agree ( if not in 23, some later year )

6/ Dream on. If likely, they will attack Taiwan to unite the country behind them.

I also view the stock markets as gambling and avoid them. 

Not sure about Ukraine.

Well, there were some revolts in the streets in China this past year. If the economy falls apart, they may get worse. You never know.

With CCP gone, the threat of Taiwan may disappear for once and for all.

We'll see what happens. 

• Like 2

In my native New York City, the sewage is prized as an ingredient for fertilizer due to the exotic and varied diets of sophisticated Manhattanites. They use that fertilizer in Central Park.

Obv. all sewage is treated. I agree that just taking a dump under a mighty oak tree and congratulating myself is a bad idea.

I know this because I applied for a job as a staff analyst for The Parks Department. But a little voice kept whispering to me:

"You can do better".

But could I?

I'd just be looking at an excrement report computer printout and then writing up a summary that no one would ever read. It's not like I'd be out there with a shovel.

I was a licensed investment advisor and dealt with all kinds of people.

If people can't tolerate ANY risk, they shouldn't invest. If people believe a Masonic Conspiracy led by George Soros is rigging the stock market "game" against them, they shouldn't invest.

If they're willing to accept an occasional 5-10% lost that will certainly make itself back in the short term to get a minimum 4-5% after tax income stream, there are plenty of model portfolio's on the internet to look at. 

On 1/7/2023 at 11:29 AM, redwood1 said:

The Kennedys were insiders insiders....

The problem with stories, they reflect the flavor of the day. History is far more interesting than any conspiracy theory could ever be. When JFK was president, he would joke to cabinet members, he finally was going to get to play golf at private Boston clubs. Boston’s power structure, like Americas, was White Anglo Saxon Protestants WASPs. Irish Catholics need not apply, no matter how rich. No Kennedys allowed. BTW JFK was a good golfer, far better than Eisenhower. However, most Americans at that time did not know he played golf. Golf was seen as rich mans pastime back in the 50/60s. Not something JFK wanted known..

Old man Kennedy was no wall street insider, he was the ultimate outsider. He knew all too well of the banking panics of decades before which had wiped out many. He had a high distrust of banks, wall street and the WASP Poobas who ran it. He made money on it, but was just as comfortable pulling money out if he thought it a scam. By 29 it was.

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maybe the tree was to tall to fit inside the flat earth dome?

Dome? I thought the atmosphere above the Earth was a rectangle or square, just like the Earth. How deep is the earth anyway?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maybe the tree was to tall to fit inside the flat earth dome?

Ok this video is the giant tree bible.....

I know long videos are not very popular but there is no way around this one...

It starts slow but gets better and better as it goes along....

The video is long but the reward is great....

Forget the silicon and war part....But The tree part is great..

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2022 at 5:41 AM, ozimoron said:

. Kind of like how Irish convicts, jailed for stealing bread from the English, were sent to Australia.

The Irish found their own way to all corners of the earth when they ran out of potatoes at home.

On 12/30/2022 at 5:54 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I do wish you'd stop saying "climate deniers" as it's IMO BS. No one I've ever heard/ read says that climate isn't changing. What they do say is that it isn't caused by human action or it can't be changed by such as electric cars and "renewable energy". I'm with the latter.

Maybe you should read more,

https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-why-scientists-think-100-of-global-warming-is-due-to-humans/

Personally, I find it interesting that one part of the world is all doom and gloom about aging societies and the future lack of workers while another part of the world is doom and gloom about robots and AI taking our jobs.

I suppose AI and robots taking the jobs of retirees is too much to ask? 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 1:33 PM, LaosLover said:

In my native New York City, the sewage is prized as an ingredient for fertilizer due to the exotic and varied diets of sophisticated Manhattanites. They use that fertilizer in Central Park.

Obv. all sewage is treated. I agree that just taking a dump under a mighty oak tree and congratulating myself is a bad idea.

The hospital I worked at in Riyadh treated it's sewage and used it to irrigate the grassy areas, as water for Riyadh was desalinated and pumped across the desert from the sea.

Made the grass look nice, but I don't recall anyone having picnics on it.

21 hours ago, Purdey said:

Personally, I find it interesting that one part of the world is all doom and gloom about aging societies and the future lack of workers while another part of the world is doom and gloom about robots and AI taking our jobs.

IMO the stuff about an aging population is just propaganda by people that want more people to profit off.

For starters there are probably about a billion people that would jump at the chance to have a job in a western country, even if it was looking after oldies.

Secondly, AI robotics is going to make most unskilled workers and many skilled workers redundant, so they will be available for looking after oldies.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:33 PM, LaosLover said:

If people can't tolerate ANY risk, they shouldn't invest. If people believe a Masonic Conspiracy led by George Soros is rigging the stock market "game" against them, they shouldn't invest.

The markets are either rigged or far too complex for the average person to figure out.

Or both.

And I don't trust financial advisors. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Must have been a pretty big chainsaw to cut that then!

Back when there were huge trees, people were titans.....But still when trees are this huge I think even the titans must have struggled to cut the monster trees...

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2023 at 4:48 PM, redwood1 said:

Ok this video is the giant tree bible.....

I know long videos are not very popular but there is no way around this one...

It starts slow but gets better and better as it goes along....

The video is long but the reward is great....

Forget the silicon and war part....But The tree part is great..

If there are no forests why, when I look out of the front window of the house, can I see hundreds of trees.

If I go out the back I can see hundreds more in the Mae Wong national park just over the back fence.

If I care to drive from the house at 156 metres above sea level to Chong Yen in the national park do I reach a height of over 1,000 metres above sea level, I can see literally thousands of trees.

The national park covers 894 sq km. Why can I not see all of it from the Chong Yen viewing point?

I can't even see the main village from my house and that is less than 6 km away.

Can you flat earthers explain that to me?

On 1/11/2023 at 11:24 AM, Purdey said:

I would love to get an AI robot that is programmed to cut down the scrub and grass, and that knows the difference between scrub grass, trees and plants,