Doomsday warnings for 2023

Social Media

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Back when there were huge trees, people were titans.....But still when trees are this huge I think even the titans must have struggled to cut the monster trees...

I can agree it could be, but we do not have any evidence it was any human alike giants yet. 

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

knows the difference between scrub grass, trees and plants,

That's why it is AI. Current tech may not be able to distinguish among them but it doesn't look like an impossibility. Keep browsing Amazon! ????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Purdey said:

That's why it is AI. Current tech may not be able to distinguish among them but it doesn't look like an impossibility. Keep browsing Amazon! ????

They don't even need AI to do that. There are weed killing drones already that can distinguish between weeds and crop plants.

https://chembioagro.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s40538-021-00217-8

• Thumbs Up 1

Genesis 6:4  King James Version

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

23 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Are the Mars rover landings faked as well. And the Pluto fly bys?

It could be everything we know is fake, and we are really just an interactive videogame with a 12 year old kid playing you. Every action he make you do, will have an contraction in the world he placed you. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Genesis 6:4  King James Version

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

How would have all those giants fitted in Noah's ark along with pairs of all living animals?

Genesis 6:9-9:17 NIV 

Belief is a wonderful thing, but lacks evidence and facts.............

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

One of many pessimistic

topics from black op's that I don't appreciate.

The world has more than enough with C19, Ukraine war, and recession blooming.

What we need and want in these times, is happy positiv topics, just to give us all a break from the harsh  realities.

Any hope OP?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shop mak said:

One of many pessimistic

What we need and want in these times, is happy positiv topics, just to give us all a break from the harsh  realities.

Any hope OP?

Any hope of you just not reading them and wasting out time with posts like these?

I appreciate the posts as they are informative.

4 hours ago, Purdey said:

Added to that . it needs to negotiate around holes, rocks, 50 degree slopes, ead bits of tree in the long scrub grass and be able to untangle itself from barbed wire. It needs to be smart enough to return to the shed for refuelling, to change from steel blades (which it will need to change on its own) to nylon cords, and at the end of the day wash itself down, go back to the shed, refuel itself, fit nylon or a steel blade and cost nothing to buy and do the job.

After all that is what I do. I am 78 and work for nothing.

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

It could be everything we know is fake, and we are really just an interactive videogame with a 12 year old kid playing you. Every action he make you do, will have an contraction in the world he placed you. 

Not everything is fake ......But the lies, and spoon fed dumbness that is dished out 24/7 in this world is almost incomprehensible...

We have been allowed to have and use fantastic advances in certain technologies.......

If these same advances were allowed in other areas like health care, energy, nutrition, food production etc........This world would be transformed into a paradise in short order... 

• Haha 1

Doomsday warnings started in 32,593 BC.   That's BC you Christians!!!!!!

Every single year.....................every year........................there were 100 million doomsday warnings!!!!!!

2023, however, is the one exception.   I am set to die on December 31st at 11:59 so this year must be the last for everyone.  Yes, I'm selfish and I hate all you falangs enjoying the bar girls like I used to do when I was just a young pup and full of hope and vigor or whatever that saying is.....Now I'm bald, fat, blind, lobotomized, and broke.  lol

2022 wasn't good, except I did get in better shape versus 2021 so that's a plus.  2023 will be better than 2022.  But don't tell anyone!!!  Doom and gloom for the win!!!!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Not everything is fake ......But the lies, and spoon fed dumbness that is dished out 24/7 in this world is almost incomprehensible...

We have been allowed to have and use fantastic advances in certain technologies.......

If these same advances were allowed in other areas like health care, energy, nutrition, food production etc........This world would be transformed into a paradise in short order... 

Why we can not make life good for everyone, is because of our genetic memery. Our dna memory make some of  us collecting, and others consuming everything we can get our hands on in case of worse times. So we have our self to blaim for who we are, or our ancestors.

12 hours ago, Shop mak said:

One of many pessimistic

Any hope OP?

You can start your own topic on this subforum. Just do it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

and cost nothing to buy and do the job.

After all that is what I do. I am 78 and work for nothing.

Not for nothing though. It cost a great deal to birth you, raise you, educate you, keep you alive, transport you to wherever you are, feed you, marry you, give you a pension, etc.

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

There's more money to be made in war and disaster, so paradise must wait till we pass over to a better place.

23 hours ago, save the frogs said:

The markets are either rigged or far too complex for the average person to figure out.

Or both.

And I don't trust financial advisors. 

Buy the total stock market index, toss in a total market bond chunk, buy a dividend ETF. Call it 33% in each basket. Netting out about 3.5% income, much better than the bank rate.

Very low risk. If these investments ever go to zero, then civilization has ended and you should have bought bullets and opiates instead,

17 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Very low risk.

I came across a book once where the author recommended that people over a certain age should just stick to GICs.

Probably the best financial advice I've ever read. The rates are good enough for me these days. 

And you sleep like a baby as there are no surprises.

But thanks. 

P.S. I was challenging you in the alcohol thread. The stock market is very similar to alcohol. I've seen some people turn into degenerate gamblers in the stock market. To the point where it consumes their mind 24/7 and all the anxiety and fear that goes along with it.

Fun fact. I dated a well-off Chinese girl once. She was on her laptop checking her stocks at dinner. Her stocks were apparently more interesting than me. Ha ha. I don't blame her. 

Edited by save the frogs

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

How would have all those giants fitted in Noah's ark along with pairs of all living animals?

Genesis 6:9-9:17 NIV 

Belief is a wonderful thing, but lacks evidence and facts.............

Well it seems the flood wiped out the really huge giants....

So after the flood the much smaller giants seem to have slowly reduced in size over time....

Post flood  smaller giants...

Giants In The Bible, And Around Here? | The Spirit's Nest Ministries

Edited by redwood1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

Well it seems the flood wiped out the really huge giants....

So after the flood the much smaller giants seem to have slowly reduced in size over time....

Post flood giants...

Giants In The Bible, And Around Here? | The Spirit's Nest Ministries

Yes because the Bible is a great source of science and facts................

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not for nothing though. It cost a great deal to birth you, raise you, educate you, keep you alive, transport you to wherever you are, feed you, marry you, give you a pension, etc.

Not strictly correct.

IIRC correctly I am a war baby and at that time it was the parents  who paid to give birth to me, (No NHS in 1944).

My parents paid to raise me directly and through income tax.

Educating me (I left school at 15 and went straight to work). I joined the RAF as a boy, and for the next 25 years they paid to transport me wherever they needed me to work. They did not give me a pension. I contributed to it and I earned it.

My wife's family and I paid for us to get married.

When I came out and started work in civvy street, I paid my own way to work, live and feed my wife and son.

I worked and was transported there at the company expense because they needed me in that place.

When I went contract working the company that I was contracted to paid the agency I worked for, and the agency gave me a salary whilst I was working for them, but not after the contract was finished. I paid for the transport to get me to the job and return which I claimed back.

If I went on vacation I paid for my flights and was not paid while not working.

Any medical bills came from my pocket.

The money I earned had to support me where I was working and also to keep my wife and family at home, paying bills at both ends and saving when and where I could.

I also paid NI contributions for 44 years but when I retired my state pension was frozen at the 2009 rate

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Exactly what I read this morning, still not enough as well it will take in best case 12 - 15 years before production will start. 

The race for rare metals will take a poll on our ground water, ocean and ,,,,,,,,,,,,, leave huge toxic deposits for generations to come

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Exactly what I read this morning, still not enough as well it will take in best case 12 - 15 years before production will start. 

The race for rare metals will take a poll on our ground water, ocean and ,,,,,,,,,,,,, leave huge toxic deposits for generations to come

aaaah, doom and gloom again even when significant finds are made............lol

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Not doom and gloom, just being realistic ???? a bit difference in being realistic

I'm with the Swedish Minister:

No rare earths are mined in Europe at the moment and a Swedish minister hailed the find as a way of reducing the EU's dependence on China.

Great news despite it not being enough