Doomsday warnings for 2023

Social Media

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

De-growth refers to shrinking the economy. For instance, the fashion industry may dwindle considerably. It may no longer be fashionable to update your wardrobe every year etc ... or upgrade your iphone every year. 

I'm wearing clothes I purchased 10+ years back, and I only buy a new mobile when my banking app forces it. I guess I've already De-grown. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

That's why we also have solar and batteries. The UK currently has periods of using only renewable energy

Importing clean energy on good days from Norway, who was 95% self sufficient until some politicians thought it was a good idea to export electricity to Europe . Now we have Europe prices on electricity in Norway, and consuming dirty energy as well. 

24 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I accidentally bumped into a guy who co-authored a book on the topic of DE-GROWTH.

I never even heard that word before I met him.

But basically there are a group of academics behind the scenes who want to get people to scale down their lives in the future in order to cut down on consumerism.

De-growth refers to shrinking the economy. For instance, the fashion industry may dwindle considerably. It may no longer be fashionable to update your wardrobe every year etc ... or upgrade your iphone every year. 

It has already started to some degree. If you work from home, you don't need to buy as many clothes. 

The question is, how to de growth without loosing power? What we do not need or want is Army become the elite, and takes all the founds while ordinary people have to de-growth? 

We loosing out to Asia no matter what we do playing with them or not. If we want to play with them, it takes trade deals, and that means consuming goods from Asia and also export goods? The balance of the world and peace is based on trade deals. I just cant see how we can manage stepping down without loosing power. 

9 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

sorry hummin, appreciate your input but i don't know.

way too many complex issues i cant grasp.

Exactly, we can guess, and we can hope, but in reality we do not know the outcome. It is so complexed, and without support to fight the real problems, we are stuck with a splitted decision and splitted population. 

When I talk to people back home who only travel on holidays to Spain and spend their life on work, Im shocked when I see and understand the reality they live in. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

sorry hummin, appreciate your input but i don't know.

way too many complex issues i cant grasp.

Im also wearing my clothes and use my fav things until I need to replace them. Never been changing out or replacing things with new hiking clothes or equipment because I bought top notch quality things that will last longer than cheap <deleted>. 

Nowadays people buy cheap <deleted> that last a season or two, and trow it away, it was not like that before. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Joebuzzz said:

That's hilarious.  If we're all climate deniers, why do Obama & Biden both live in multi-million dollar beachfront homes.  Obama's has about an 8 foot elevation.  So, I would guess they both know it's pure BS to get the taxpayer to pay for carbon credits (another wonderful tax on invisible stuff).  All climate change  scientists in America are on the government payroll via grants.  Those that deny, don't get funding or published.  Watch Joe Rogans interview with a US Government think tank scientist regarding climate.  It's 2 hours but worth it.  Following that, you'll see how and why it's a con.  Kinda like voting for Biden.  That turned out great too.  I think he said he was the first person to vacation on the moon.  LOL.

I thought Obama and Biden lives in Washington DC?

We are talking about sea level rises between 0,3 - 0,7 on average around the world by 2100 depending on where you are, and doesnt seems that much really? 

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I thought Obama and Biden lives in Washington DC?

We are talking about sea level rises between 0,3 - 0,7 on average around the world by 2100 depending on where you are, and doesnt seems that much really? 

Obama live in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, elevation of bottom floor is 8 feet.  Biden's is on the beach in Delaware, 10 foot elevation to bottom floor, taxpayers just spent almost 1/2 MILLION $ just building a WALL around it, at the same time tearing down the border wall in Arizona.  So, I guess climate change doesn't effect presidents.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joebuzzz said:

Obama live in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, elevation of bottom floor is 8 feet.  Biden's is on the beach in Delaware, 10 foot elevation to bottom floor, taxpayers just spent almost 1/2 MILLION $ just building a WALL around it, at the same time tearing down the border wall in Arizona.  So, I guess climate change doesn't effect presidents.

So you measure that as a proof the clima changes that will affect future generations is a hoax? 

Im positive Obama lived in Chicago and now living in Washington.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

So you measure that as a proof the clima changes that will affect future generations is a hoax? 

Im positive Obama lived in Chicago and now living in Washington.

https://www.homesandgardens.com/news/president-obama-new-house-marthas-vineyard

Yes, they have a house in DC also.  He needs that one to pull Joe's puppet strings.  What else can you do with $100,000,000 in embezzled taxpayer money?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

That's hilarious.  If we're all climate deniers, why do Obama & Biden both live in multi-million dollar beachfront homes.  Obama's has about an 8 foot elevation.  So, I would guess they both know it's pure BS to get the taxpayer to pay for carbon credits (another wonderful tax on invisible stuff).  All climate change  scientists in America are on the government payroll via grants.  Those that deny, don't get funding or published.  Watch Joe Rogans interview with a US Government think tank scientist regarding climate.  It's 2 hours but worth it.  Following that, you'll see how and why it's a con.  Kinda like voting for Biden.  That turned out great too.  I think he said he was the first person to vacation on the moon.  LOL.

What about climate change scientists in other countries? Are they all on government grants too?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

They are is they want to get paid for being a climate scientist.

Most work on a salary, Does that mean their research is corrupt? Do the universities and governments they work for have an agenda to prove climate change is real or do they just want to understand what's going on? Whta about the scientists you seem to trust? They aren't on the take from fossil fuel companies? This argument is so full of holes it's a bad joke.

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

image.jpeg.7acb5bd341253eca29c27e593866e92e.jpeg

image.jpeg.d013e94d6f8fa56970c09fdd0c3a7160.jpeg

Here we have Leonard Nimoy - Telling us we absolutely forsure are due for anther Ice Age....... Global Cooling.......

Then when the Global cooling psy-op was not going so good it was changed to Global warming...

When the psy-op call Global warming just was not panning out, because even average people were not buying into the story......They had the brilliant idea to scrap the cold and hot part and just call it climate change....

So now no matter what the weather does hot or cold or windy or cloudy it's a crisis all the time 365 days a year we are in a crisis......As long as the weather changes its a crisis.....

And the only way to fix this crisis is through much high taxes.......Selling carbon credits......limiting freedom to travel, rationing energy, much higher electric bills for people,  etc etc etc    And guess what it can never be fixed because the climate always changes...........LOL  LOL  its hilarious really...  

Sorry, a TIME Magazine Cover Did Not Predict a Coming Ice Age

https://time.com/5670942/time-magazine-ice-age-cover-hoax/

The 1970s Ice Age Myth and Time Magazine Covers - by David Kirtley

https://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2013/06/04/the-1970s-ice-age-myth-and-time-magazine-covers-by-david-kirtley

About That 1970s Global Cooling...

No, climatologists in the 1970s did not believe we're headed into another ice age.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4487

That ’70s myth—did climate science really call for a “coming ice age?”

Claims that scientists flip-flopped on climate don't reflect the science.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2016/06/that-70s-myth-did-climate-science-really-call-for-a-coming-ice-age/

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

And the only way to fix this crisis is through much high taxes.......Selling carbon credits......limiting freedom to travel, rationing energy, much higher electric bills for people,  etc etc etc    And guess what it can never be fixed because the climate always changes...........LOL  LOL  its hilarious really...  

As I have tried to argue, the biggest problem is that the mainstream media ONLY mentions climate change. 

This video by Gregg Braden discusses the work of a Swedish scientist named Johan Rockstrom.

Is he a paid shill? Is he a quack? Is he a fraud? Maybe.

But anyway, here goes.

According to Rockstrom, there are 10 parameters that can be used to measure the state of the planet. 

Climate change is only one of them. 

Others include Biodiversity, Chemical Pollution, Acidification of the Oceans, Global Fresh Water Use, etc ..

And his conclusions were that 3 out of the 10 parameters have been breached and are unsafe.

Now, Gregg Braden also has a lot of weird stuff on his channel. But here is quoting the research of a Swedish scientist.

If you think it's all bs, that's fine too. 

I don't. I think we're causing too much pollution and the population may reach 10 billion at some point. 

So restrictive measures are justified.

Edited by save the frogs
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, just another comment.

People who think climate change is a hoax and restrictive measures are just meant to control people.

Restrictive measures hurt the pocketbooks of the very rich. Less travel means less money for CEOs of hotel chains and airlines, etc...

They wouldn't impose these restrictive measures unless they had no choice. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

Also, just another comment.

People who think climate change is a hoax and restrictive measures are just meant to control people.

Restrictive measures hurt the pocketbooks of the very rich. Less travel means less money for CEOs and hotel chains and airlines, etc...

They wouldn't impose these restrictive measures unless they had no choice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Sorry, a TIME Magazine Cover Did Not Predict a Coming Ice Age

https://time.com/5670942/time-magazine-ice-age-cover-hoax/

The 1970s Ice Age Myth and Time Magazine Covers - by David Kirtley

https://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2013/06/04/the-1970s-ice-age-myth-and-time-magazine-covers-by-david-kirtley

About That 1970s Global Cooling...

No, climatologists in the 1970s did not believe we're headed into another ice age.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4487

That ’70s myth—did climate science really call for a “coming ice age?”

Claims that scientists flip-flopped on climate don't reflect the science.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2016/06/that-70s-myth-did-climate-science-really-call-for-a-coming-ice-age/

Ok your 100% right that time caver was a fake....(I did not check)

But this does not change the point of my post at all....

Global cooling was the big fear they were pushing in the 70s, not only do I remember this but these 2 links should put any debate on this to bed....

Below you’ll find similar hysterics from the 1970s global cooling alarmist crowd in a long (but partial) list of 100 newspaper and magazine articles from the period

https://www.johnlocke.org/climate-experts-believe-the-next-ice-age-is-on-its-way-within-a-lifetime/

http://www.populartechnology.net/2013/02/the-1970s-global-cooling-alarmism.html

1970 - Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age - Scientists See Ice Age In the Future (The Washington Post, January 11, 1970)
1970 - Is Mankind Manufacturing a New Ice Age for Itself? (L.A. Times, January 15, 1970)
1970 - New Ice Age May Descend On Man (Sumter Daily Item, January 26, 1970)
1970 - Pollution Prospect A Chilling One (The Argus-Press, January 26, 1970)
1970 - Pollution's 2-way 'Freeze' On Society (Middlesboro Daily News, January 28, 1970)
1970 - Cold Facts About Pollution (The Southeast Missourian, January 29, 1970)
1970 - Pollution Could Cause Ice Age, Agency Reports (St. Petersburg Times, March 4, 1970)
1970 - Scientist predicts a new ice age by 21st century (The Boston Globe, April 16, 1970)
1970 - Pollution Called Ice Age Threat (St. Petersburg Times, June 26, 1970)
1970 - U.S. and Soviet Press Studies of a Colder Arctic (The New York Times, July 18, 1970)
1970 - Dirt Will Bring New Ice Age (The Sydney Morning Herald, October 19, 1970)
1971 - Ice Age Refugee Dies Underground (Montreal Gazette, Febuary 17, 1971)
1971 - Pollution Might Lead To Another Ice Age (The Schenectady Gazette, March 22, 1971)
1971 - Pollution May Bring Ice Age - Scientist Rites Risk (The Windsor Star, March 23, 1971)
1971 - U.S. Scientist Sees New Ice Age Coming (The Washington Post, July 9, 1971)
1971 - Ice Age Around the Corner (Chicago Tribune, July 10, 1971)
1971 - Danger: Ice age may lurk in dusty skies (The Christian Science Monitor, July 12, 1971)
ge may be on the way (The Christian Science Monitor, December 11, 1973)
1974 - Ominous Changes in the World's Weather (PDF) (Fortune Magazine, February 1974)
1974 - Atmospheric Dirt: Ice Age Coming?‎ (Pittsburgh Press, February 28, 1974)
1974 - Support for theory of a cooling world (The Canberra Times, May 16, 1974)
1974 - New evidence indicates ice age here (Eugene Register-Guard, May 29, 1974)
1974 - Another Ice Age? (Time Magazine, June 24, 1974)
197 1974)
1974 - New ice age 'could be in our lifetime' (The Canberra Times, November 22, 1974)
1974 - Believes Pollution Could Bring On Ice Age (Ludington Daily News, December 4, 1974)
1974 - Pollution Could Spur Ice Age, Nasa Says (Beaver Country Times, ‎December 4, 1974‎)
1974 - Air Pollution May Trigger Ice Age, Scientists Feel (The Telegraph, ‎December 5, 1974‎)
ional Wildlife, July-August, 1975)
1975 - Experts ponder another ice age (The Spokesman-Review, September 8, 1975)
1975 - Oil Spill Could Cause New Ice Age (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, December 11, 1975)
1976 - Deadly Harvest [Film] (Starring: Kim Cattrall, Clint Walker, 1976)
1976 - The Cooling: Has the Next Ice Age Already Begun? [Book] (Lowell Ponte, 1976)

1977 - Space Mirrors Proposed To Prevent Crop Freezes (Bangor Daily News, February 7, 1977)
1977 - Sunspot lull may bring on new ice age (The Christian Science Monitor, March 30, 1977)
1977 - We Will Freeze in the Dark (Capital Cities Communications Herald, January 10, 1978)
1978 - Winters Will Get Colder, 'we're Entering Little Ice Age' (Daily Record, January 10, 1978)
1978 - Geologist Says Winters Getting Colder (Middlesboro Daily News, January 16, 1978)
1978 - It's Going To Get Colder (Boca Raton News, ‎January 17, 1978‎)
1978 - Another Ice Age? (Kentucky New Era, February 12, 1978)
1978 - Another Ice Age? (Reading Eagle, ‎February 13, 1978‎)
1978 - The Coming Ice Age (In Search Of TV Show, Season 2, Episode 23, Host: Leonard Nimoy, May 1978)
1978 - An Ice Age Is Coming Weather Expert Fears (Milwaukee Sentinel, November 17, 1978)
1979 - A Choice of Catastrophes - The Disasters That Threaten Our World [Book] (Isaac Asimov, 1979)
1979 - The Sixth Winter [Book] (John R. Gribbin, 1979)
1979 - The New Ice Age Cometh (The Age, January 16, 1979)
1979 - Ice Age Building Up (Daily Record, June 5, 1979)
1979 - Large Glacial Buildup Could Mean Ice Age (Daily Chronicle, June 5, 1979)
1979 - Ice Age On Its Way (Lewiston Morning Tribune, June 7, 1979)
1979 - Get Ready to Freeze (Daily Chronicle, October 12, 1979)
1979 - New ice age almost upo

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Global cooling was the big fear they were pushing in the 70s, not only do I remember this but these 2 links should put any debate on this to bed....

Below you’ll find similar hysterics from the 1970s global cooling alarmist crowd in a long (but partial) list of 100 newspaper and magazine articles from the period

https://www.johnlocke.org/climate-experts-believe-the-next-ice-age-is-on-its-way-within-a-lifetime/

1970 - Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age - Scientists See Ice Age In the Future (The Washington Post, January 11, 1970)
1970 - Is Mankind Manufacturing a New Ice Age for Itself? (L.A. Times, January 15, 1970)
1970 - Pollution's 2-way 'Freeze' On Society (Middlesboro Daily News, January 28, 1970)
1970 - Pollution Could Cause Ice Age, Agency Reports (St. Petersburg Times, March 4, 1970)
1970 - Scientist predicts a new ice age by 21st century (The Boston Globe, April 16, 1970)
1970 - U.S. and Soviet Press Studies of a Colder Arctic (The New York Times, July 18, 1970)
1970 - Dirt Will Bring New Ice Age (The Sydney Morning Herald, October 19, 1970)
1971 - Pollution Might Lead To Another Ice Age (The Schenectady Gazette, March 22, 1971)
1971 - Pollution May Bring Ice Age - Scientist Rites Risk (The Windsor Star, March 23, 1971)
1971 - U.S. Scientist Sees New Ice Age Coming (The Washington Post, July 9, 1971)
1971 - Danger: Ice age may lurk in dusty skies (The Christian Science Monitor, July 12, 1971)
1974 - Ominous Changes in the World's Weather (PDF) (Fortune Magazine, February 1974)
1974 - New evidence indicates ice age here (Eugene Register-Guard, May 29, 1974)
197 1974)
1974 - New ice age 'could be in our lifetime' (The Canberra Times, November 22, 1974)
1974 - Believes Pollution Could Bring On Ice Age (Ludington Daily News, December 4, 1974)
1974 - Pollution Could Spur Ice Age, Nasa Says (Beaver Country Times, ‎December 4, 1974‎)
1974 - Air Pollution May Trigger Ice Age, Scientists Feel (The Telegraph, ‎December 5, 1974‎)
1975 - Oil Spill Could Cause New Ice Age (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, December 11, 1975)
1976 - The Cooling: Has the Next Ice Age Already Begun? [Book] (Lowell Ponte, 1976)

1977 - Space Mirrors Proposed To Prevent Crop Freezes (Bangor Daily News, February 7, 1977)
1977 - Sunspot lull may bring on new ice age (The Christian Science Monitor, March 30, 1977)
1977 - We Will Freeze in the Dark (Capital Cities Communications Herald, January 10, 1978)
1978 - Winters Will Get Colder, 'we're Entering Little Ice Age' (Daily Record, January 10, 1978)
1978 - Geologist Says Winters Getting Colder (Middlesboro Daily News, January 16, 1978)
1978 - The Coming Ice Age (In Search Of TV Show, Season 2, Episode 23, Host: Leonard Nimoy, May 1978)
1978 - An Ice Age Is Coming Weather Expert Fears (Milwaukee Sentinel, November 17, 1978)
1979 - A Choice of Catastrophes - The Disasters That Threaten Our World [Book] (Isaac Asimov, 1979)

You should check your own links to see just how ridiculous your claims are.

33 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

197 1974)

We know for sure there will be many turning points in the clima. It will be warmer, more rain, snow in the mountains, and another ice age will appear. But not in our time? Maybe we are wiped out by then? 

Anyone believe humans will change the next thousands of years? Our 3 major book religions have something like 4 billions members? And very few of them is willing to admit they are brothers in blood and faith. Pretty much same same as patched and uniformed Harley Davidson bikers! 

I think I have to watch Life of Brian once more, just in case I missed something

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 7:13 AM, save the frogs said:

check this out. this guy is JFK's father in Boardwalk Empire talking about the stock market.

Old Joe Kennedy is spun into a lots of 'theories', his greatest move conveniently forgotten.

'While most investors watched their fortunes evaporate during the 1929 stock market crash, Kennedy emerged from it wealthier than ever. Believing Wall Street to be overvalued, he sold most of his stock holdings before the crash and made even more money by selling short, betting on stock prices to fall.'

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Old Joe Kennedy is spun into a lots of 'theories', his greatest move conveniently forgotten.

'While most investors watched their fortunes evaporate during the 1929 stock market crash, Kennedy emerged from it wealthier than ever. Believing Wall Street to be overvalued, he sold most of his stock holdings before the crash and made even more money by selling short, betting on stock prices to fall.'

The Kennedys were insiders insiders.....Who just tried to do too much good for some....

On 1/6/2023 at 2:51 AM, save the frogs said:

for what purpose would they make up this sort of thing?

do you realize how complex is it for govts to completely transition from fossil fuels to alternative technologies?

it's precisely because it's so complex and has so many ramifications on the economy and on power structures that they have been putting it off for decades.

Why would they make it up? 5555555555555555

The huge amounts of money to be made for a starter.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 2:51 AM, save the frogs said:

for what purpose would they make up this sort of thing?

do you realize how complex is it for govts to completely transition from fossil fuels to alternative technologies?

it's precisely because it's so complex and has so many ramifications on the economy and on power structures that they have been putting it off for decades.

Why would they make it up? 5555555555555555

The huge amounts of money to be made for a starter.