Doomsday warnings for 2023

Social Media

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"So knowing how gravity changes sea level helps geodesists make more accurate measurements. In general, in areas of the planet where gravitational forces are stronger, the mean sea level will be higher. In areas where the Earth's gravitational forces are weaker, the mean sea level will be lower."

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/NASASeaLevel

You missed my other questions:

Meteorites could possibly be solidified chunks of the firmament, but I honestly don't really know... 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Hummin said:

Nobody forcing anybody to anything. You can still enjoy wildlife many places around the world like the good old days, when also oeople was controlled by the govern authority, unless they lived where they could not be reached. 

He not talking about NOW. He's talking about the future. Small spaces are like the middle ages.

Just a spin of thought....

Can you imagine when the moments come and Putin gets the feeling that he is going to lose and thinks okay I still lose everything and he presses the red button...

BTW, I'm the only one who don't get daily messages from Asean Now, since the last 5 days?

Edited by Peterphuket

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

"So knowing how gravity changes sea level helps geodesists make more accurate measurements. In general, in areas of the planet where gravitational forces are stronger, the mean sea level will be higher. In areas where the Earth's gravitational forces are weaker, the mean sea level will be lower."

I hope that is not some attempt to claim that "sea level rise" is different in different parts of the world. Given that gravity hasn't changed, surely any rise anywhere will be the same in measurement as anywhere else. Ergo, if sea level where I live is basically the same as when I was a child, it is unlikely that islands in the Pacific are more affected by "sea level rise" than here.

Of course if one can prove that gravity has increased or decreased in certain parts of the world it would explain why some areas are affected by "sea level rise" more than others.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope that is not some attempt to claim that "sea level rise" is different in different parts of the world. Given that gravity hasn't changed, surely any rise anywhere will be the same in measurement as anywhere else. Ergo, if sea level where I live is basically the same as when I was a child, it is unlikely that islands in the Pacific are more affected by "sea level rise" than here.

Of course if one can prove that gravity has increased or decreased in certain parts of the world it would explain why some areas are affected by "sea level rise" more than others.

Your hope is not reality.

Are sea levels rising the same all over the world, as if we're filling a giant bathtub?

No. Sea level rise is uneven, the two main reasons being ocean dynamics and Earth’s uneven gravity field.

Second, because the distribution of Earth’s mass is uneven, Earth’s gravity is also uneven. Therefore, the ocean’s surface isn’t actually a perfect sphere or ellipsoid; it is a bumpy surface. As the land-based ice sheets of Greenland and Antarctica continue to unload their mass (lose ice) from far above sea level and far from the tropics, that mass reaches the sea in the form of meltwater that is then redistributed along Earth’s gravity field.

The areas farthest from the melted ice will see the most sea level rise as a result. Conversely, areas nearest to Greenland and Antarctica will see the least amount of sea level rise (and some areas will actually see sea levels drop).

https://sealevel.nasa.gov/faq/9/are-sea-levels-rising-the-same-all-over-the-world-as-if-were-filling-a-giant-bathtub/

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your hope is not reality.

Are sea levels rising the same all over the world, as if we're filling a giant bathtub?

No. Sea level rise is uneven, the two main reasons being ocean dynamics and Earth’s uneven gravity field.

Second, because the distribution of Earth’s mass is uneven, Earth’s gravity is also uneven. Therefore, the ocean’s surface isn’t actually a perfect sphere or ellipsoid; it is a bumpy surface. As the land-based ice sheets of Greenland and Antarctica continue to unload their mass (lose ice) from far above sea level and far from the tropics, that mass reaches the sea in the form of meltwater that is then redistributed along Earth’s gravity field.

The areas farthest from the melted ice will see the most sea level rise as a result. Conversely, areas nearest to Greenland and Antarctica will see the least amount of sea level rise (and some areas will actually see sea levels drop).

https://sealevel.nasa.gov/faq/9/are-sea-levels-rising-the-same-all-over-the-world-as-if-were-filling-a-giant-bathtub/

Not to forget the moon pull on earth is also uneven because of variable distance. 

The land the massive ice melting from will also rise and make water rise noticable in the far future. Many mechanisms working together, same as earthquakes can swallow huge masses as give water, gass, oil from isolated reservoir that  brakes/crack open.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

Can you imagine when the moments come and Putin gets the feeling that he is going to lose and thinks okay I still lose everything and he presses the red button...

BTW, I'm the only one who don't get daily messages from Asean Now, since the last 5 days?

I do not think Putin is that crazy. If we only read western tabloids, yes it can seems so, but have to disappoint those who wish it was that simple.

What we can hope for, is Putin is a man of honor and take his life, or someone from his inner circle take an Amnesty deal and save his own ass by removing Putin from power. 

Anyway, I think we have to live with Putin for now awhile, and then we will see what happens in the end. A nuclear war is of no interest of Russia, not even tactical nuclear bombs in Ukraine, it will only harm them selves! 

Nuclear bomb one of the biggest and most important producer of grain ???? and also a huge ferrous metal producer?

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

581194190_ASEANNOWNEWSLETTERISUNDERMAINTENANCE.JPG.2de5868b64ee9a9e6e848f10caf7d7cc.JPG

... & best way to find daily 'Thailand Live' thread = probably from here:

https://aseannow.com/forum/18-thailand-news/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

This one is for bkk Brian......A re-education about Gravity..

From the self styled "conspiracy music guru" who also believes the frequency of music was changed deliberately via a huge conspiracy that caused the rise of the Nazi's..................lol. Enjoy your youtube channel, it makes him money every time you view

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are some very powerful people in Sydney Australia, who spent millions of dollars to build this park dedicated to the flat earth.....

@1.54 you will see the Flat Earth surrounded by a huge Lotus flower park....Some say secret societies built this park........People in the know....Know the truth....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

There are some very powerful people in Sydney Australia, who spent millions of dollars to build this park dedicated to the flat earth.....

@1.54 you will see the Flat Earth surrounded by a huge Lotus flower park....Some say secret societies built this park........People in the know....Know the truth....

But how can that be? A few years ago one group of loony flat earthers were claiming Australia did not exist!

image.png.43a6d2b143cf53302c6ba8e2b53c851d.png

Ok so maybe the person who took the video changed his mind when he travelled there eh? I wonder if they went by plane and noticed the horizon looking out of the window?

Your claim on this Darling Park's Crescent Sydney Australia, "who spent millions of dollars to build this park dedicated to the flat earth" 

Mate, its a water fountain.....lol

'Flat Earth' conspiracy theorists claim a fountain in Sydney PROVES their beliefs are correct

Flat Earthers believe a fountain in the heart of Sydney proves their theory correct

The water feature in Darling Park's Crescent Garden includes a flat world map

Conspiracy theorists say the fountain's design shows the real shape of the Earth

Earlier this year Flat Earthers claimed Australia is a 'hoax' and does not exist at all

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Have to say I love this particular flat earth theory on why people or planes don't fall off the edge......

Flat-Earthers Explain Why We Don't Fall Off the Edge of Our Planet, and It Involves Pac-Man

At this conference, they were presenting their scientific evidence for such a disk. One of the more interesting pieces of evidence came from speaker Darren Nesbit, who referred to the "Pac-Man effect" as the reason why planes don't fall off the edge of a flat Earth. When a plane or other object reaches the edge of the horizon, such as when Pac-Man reaches the end of the screen, that object will teleport from one side of the planet to the other, a la Pac-Man entering from the other side of the screen.

https://www.livescience.com/62454-flat-earthers-explain-pac-man-effect.html

It's lucky that Thailand isn't at the edge. I might wind up in the Congo instead. Um, which country is at the edge?

This guy must have been peeved. I wonder how many times he had to start over?

https://adventure.com/how-to-cycle-around-the-world/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Did you happen to notice what shape the water in the fountain was??

The water on this expensive $$$ Earth model, was perfectly Flat.......Just like the real earth..

The water on Earth is held in by Antarctica.....

Antarctica is, on average, the coldest, driest, and windiest of the continents, and it has the highest average elevation.  Wikipedia....

Whats Antarctica got to do with a water fountain in the newly discovered country of Australia...how did they discover Australia, fly?

I did refer to Antarctica and the uneven surface of the round world which affects the gravitational pull of water in my Nasa link but you responded with a snake meme..............lol

Edited by Bkk Brian

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whats Antarctica got to do with a water fountain in the newly discovered country of Australia...how did they discover Australia, fly?

I did refer to Antarctica and the uneven surface of the round world which affects the gravitational pull of water in my Nasa link but you responded with a snake meme..............lol

Well this is the reason I responded with a snake meme.....

• Haha 1

Volcanos will spew so much ash into the stratosphere that the global temperature will drop 2*.

Volcanoes will spew so much greenhouse gas that the temperatures will rise by 2*.

A cure for caner will be found by making a distillate of cheese whiz.   It will be pulled by the FDA as Cheese whiz has too much salt and preservatives to be consumed by most people...

• Haha 1