SMASH & GRAB its an epedemic !

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

thank MSM for that, since showing how easy & successful it is to do.

Wow!  You go to absurd lengths to find a reason to criticize MSM.

Not reporting crimes does not make crime go away.  It does alert potential victims to take precautions.

49 minutes ago, heybruce said:
9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

thank MSM for that, since showing how easy & successful it is to do.

Wow!  You go to absurd lengths to find a reason to criticize MSM.

Not reporting crimes does not make crime go away.  It does alert potential victims to take precautions.

Erm... not quite correct....  ’not reporting crimes’ does reduce the potential for ‘copy cat’ crimes.

From mass-shootings in the US to motorcycle gangs in London...  the media attention lends towards normalisation of of such crimes... 

There are numerous scholarly articles highlighting and confirming the contagion effect of criminal behaviour.

From one aspect the public need to be aware of what is ‘going on’.... on the other, the media does not need to be giving stupid criminals the ‘idea’.... 

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm... not quite correct....  ’not reporting crimes’ does reduce the potential for ‘copy cat’ crimes.

From mass-shootings in the US to motorcycle gangs in London...  the media attention lends towards normalisation of of such crimes... 

There are numerous scholarly articles highlighting and confirming the contagion effect of criminal behaviour.

From one aspect the public need to be aware of what is ‘going on’.... on the other, the media does not need to be giving stupid criminals the ‘idea’.... 

Given a choice between informed or ignorant, I prefer informed.

On 12/29/2022 at 2:05 AM, heybruce said:

So you'd know whats happening when a ’smash and grab’ occurs in a shop you are in ??...

I’d prefer the criminals not to have such an ‘idea' in the first place...  thats the ‘contagion effect’... the media gives nut-case criminals the idea to commit crimes they’d otherwise never commit... 

... thus media reporting of such crimes may actually place more innocent people at risk... 

Its obviously a topic which can be widely open to debate - but there is a lot more to be understood about how media impacts not only our lives but those around us, including criminals. 

In this case... the more of these ’smash and grab’ type acts reported around the world the more criminals will know they can get away with being extremely bold and behave the same.... 

How will being informed be any different to being ignorant IF you are caught in a shop which is being robbed?

OR, are you suggesting that ‘being informed’ means you won’t go shopping (perhaps to an Apple Shop in London or NYC) because there is a possibility of this happening there?

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So you'd know whats happening when a ’smash and grab’ occurs in a shop you are in ??...

I’d prefer the criminals not to have such an ‘idea' in the first place...  thats the ‘contagion effect’... the media gives nut-case criminals the idea to commit crimes they’d otherwise never commit... 

... thus media reporting of such crimes may actually place more innocent people at risk... 

Its obviously a topic which can be widely open to debate - but there is a lot more to be understood about how media impacts not only our lives but those around us, including criminals. 

In this case... the more of these ’smash and grab’ type acts reported around the world the more criminals will know they can get away with being extremely bold and behave the same.... 

How will being informed be any different to being ignorant IF you are caught in a shop which is being robbed?

OR, are you suggesting that ‘being informed’ means you won’t go shopping (perhaps to an Apple Shop in London or NYC) because there is a possibility of this happening there?

Are you aware that "smash and grab" is not a new phenomena?  It's been around for a very long time, and is very well known.

If I owned a shop I'd like to know that there has been a surge in these type or robberies so I could take precautions.  As I stated before, I prefer being informed to being ignorant.

23 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Are you aware that "smash and grab" is not a new phenomena?  It's been around for a very long time, and is very well known.

Not quite so in the manner in which is has taken place in Apple stores recently, with masked youths snatching iPhones etc from stores in broad daylight. 

The media provides the idea to some in other areas who learn to recreate such crimes after seeing they can get away with it.

Just like the ‘scooter robberies’ in London learning through the media that if they didn’t wear a helmet the police were not permitted to ‘down’ them on their scooters due to risk of causing them injury & death…. Until this changed & it was made policy that police cars could hit ‘criminals on scooters’ with their police cars. 

23 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If I owned a shop I'd like to know that there has been a surge in these type or robberies so I could take precautions.  As I stated before, I prefer being informed to being ignorant.

Why do you think this ‘surge’ exists in the first place?  A surge created by what? Coincidence?
its ‘copy catting’…. Criminal gangs copying other criminal gangs…. Mainstream & social media aids this copy cat behaviour… it’s like a new ‘trend’…. 

Apple already know what’s going on, short of more guards on doors etc there is little they can do… perhaps even armed guards….  at some point these gangs become armed….

On 12/29/2022 at 2:05 AM, heybruce said:

But you are not informed if you don’t understand how such media triggers ‘copy catting’….  It just makes you someone who reads the news without understanding the potential implications of publicising some of the behaviour it reports….   

…. It makes you somewhat ignorant & naive…

additionally, most of the media does not set out to inform you / us / I, it sets out to make a profit & will do so with whichever stories ‘it’ believes attracts the most attention, in many cases with dramatic sensationalism….  i.e. “snatch & grab gangs get away with $70,000 of kit in…….   ( choose your location… London, New York, San Francisco…etc etc)”…

Why did the gang in London try it???? …… cos they saw the gang in San Francisco & New York get away with it….  Where  did they see that ?????…… the same place I did…. Mainstream & social media… 

Edited by richard_smith237

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not quite so in the manner in which is has taken place in Apple stores recently, with masked youths snatching iPhones etc from stores in broad daylight. 

The media provides the idea to some in other areas who learn to recreate such crimes after seeing they can get away with it.

Just like the ‘scooter robberies’ in London learning through the media that if they didn’t wear a helmet the police were not permitted to ‘down’ them on their scooters due to risk of causing them injury & death…. Until this changed & it was made policy that police cars could hit ‘criminals on scooters’ with their police cars. 

Why do you think this ‘surge’ exists in the first place?  A surge created by what? Coincidence?
its ‘copy catting’…. Criminal gangs copying other criminal gangs…. Mainstream & social media aids this copy cat behaviour… it’s like a new ‘trend’…. 

Apple already know what’s going on, short of more guards on doors etc there is little they can do… perhaps even armed guards….  at some point these gangs become armed….

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But you are not informed if you don’t understand how such media triggers ‘copy catting’….  It just makes you someone who reads the news without understanding the potential implications of publicising some of the behaviour it reports….   

…. It makes you somewhat ignorant & naive…

additionally, most of the media does not set out to inform you / us / I, it sets out to make a profit & will do so with whichever stories ‘it’ believes attracts the most attention, in many cases with dramatic sensationalism….  i.e. “snatch & grab gangs get away with $70,000 of kit in…….   ( choose your location… London, New York, San Francisco…etc etc)”…

Why did the gang in London try it???? …… cos they saw the gang in San Francisco & New York get away with it….  Where  did they see that ?????…… the same place I did…. Mainstream & social media… 

You are clearly obsessed with the idea of keeping the public ignorant.

Are there any crimes that you think are legitimate to report?  I assume murder is out, as would be blackmail, rape, muggings, etc.  Don't want to give the public any ideas.

On 12/28/2022 at 4:15 PM, connda said:

In the US.  Thank Soros for that.  "Hi!  Want to steal upwards of 990 USD in merchandise in the US store.  Not problem!  A Soros backed DA set you free to go do it again.

Empires end.  Badly.

How is this the fault of Soros?

Sounds like a convenient SCAPEGOAT. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If it wasn't for Glen Beck these guys would never have heard of Soros.  They need a new boogie man but can't find one, so they're sweating with an oldie.  C'mon Ingram-Tucker-Hannity, give 'em a new one, your audience is waiting.  Too bad Lyndon LaRouche is gone.  Maybe JFK Jr again with a new twist?  (pssst!  I hear Bolsonaro will be meeting with him in Florida!  :thumbsup: )

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 4:15 AM, connda said:

In the US.  Thank Soros for that.  "Hi!  Want to steal upwards of 990 USD in merchandise in the US store.  Not problem!  A Soros backed DA set you free to go do it again.

Empires end.  Badly.

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I overlooked the absurd George Soros reference.  George Soros isn't interested in petty smash and grab stuff.  He's got those Jewish space laser and other deep state projects to worry about.

That's sarcasm for those who don't recognize it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1