POLL: Do you think Brexit is a success or failure?

Scott

Do you think Brexit is a success or a failure?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, puchooay said:

It is a public forum. I did a partial quote as that was the bit I was answering.

The point is, the poll should be in the present perfect tense. Thus discussing what has happened upto this point.

The current options in the poll are impossible to answer as we don't yet know the final outcome.

If you font like what I say just scroll on past. No need for the crass comments.

You misrepresented my post with a partial quote that made it appear I said “brexit has failed “. I did not say that here. 

if you want a different poll, create one. 

You would know all about crass, your deflections reek of them. 

I’ll post where and when I choose (within forum rules of course… which by the by do not allow for partial quotes that misrepresent what a poster says). 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Statistics can be easily manipulated.

I prefer something I can see for myself.

As for economists ......

which of them predicted a 2 year COVID world shutdown?

or a war and sanctions against Russia?

or the collapse of financial institutions that were too big to fail?

You're smart enough to realise that economists aren't expected to factor exceptional, once in a life time events/vicennial events, into any financial model.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Slip said:

It is indeed a public forum- the end of factual representation from your post:

It's against the rules to break the context of a post by selectively editing it, as you did there to Bluespunk's, and as you well know.

You don't get to decide the rules of a poll.  As Bluespunk said you are free to start your own if you don't like this one.

Wrong.  We are all entitled to an opinion if brexit has been a success or failure notwithstanding your nonsense argument.

If you don't like what bluespunk says no need to reply with crass nonsense comments, just scroll by.

Not trying to change the rules.

Just a little bit of grammar to make it possible to answer. That is all. I do hope you understand. 

Thanks anyway.

3 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Not trying to change the rules.

Just a little bit of grammar to make it possible to answer. That is all. I do hope you understand. 

Thanks anyway.

Your grammatical snobbery, whilst something I would usually robustly debate with you, is not appropriate in this case.  You were wrong in every point you tried to make.  Just own it.

Edited by Slip
missed a whole word.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Slip said:

Your grammatical snobbery, whilst something I would usually robustly debate with you, is not appropriate in this case.  You were wrong in every point you tried to make.  Just own it.

The idea of Brexit is not over. It likely never will be, unless in the future UK rejoin. Hence it cannot be labeled  a failure or a success in it's entirety 

The pole could have said "thus far" or "so far" on the end of each option. That would have made all options answerable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are welcome to either  commend or disapprove, its entirely up to you  

1. 1. Do you think Brexit is a success or a failure?

• I spend several months a year in the UK, and believe it is an overall success.
    • I spend several months a year in the UK, and believe it is an overall failure.
    • I am an expat and believe it is an overall success.
    • I am an expat and believe it is an overall failure.

5 minutes ago, still kicking said:
  1. 1. Do you think Brexit is a success or a failure?

• I spend several months a year in the UK, and believe it is an overall success.
    • I spend several months a year in the UK, and believe it is an overall failure.
    • I am an expat and believe it is an overall success.
    • I am an expat and believe it is an overall failure.

What other category would you like to be added , one which you personally could tick ?

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You don't have to be British , you can vote in either of the bottom two categories 

Just commented, didn't vote, as would be a bit silly, since never been, lived or visited the UK.  Don't know the issues before or after Brexit, though suspect most UK'ers don't really know either.

But reading the news, and some of the 'rules' the EU forces on countries of, I don't think I'd want to live under their thumb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Covid-19 was a gift to the government to cover up Brexit failures, and as many Europeans fled the UK back to their homelands after not securing UK settled status (despite being qualified, but not claimed), they are still unable to return to the UK and work without visa/work permit. This has presented UK employers with issues and many businesses in the UK remain short staffed and facing failure as a result.

5-6 Million E.U citizens got long term UK visas at the time of Brexit , how many didnt get visas and had to go home ?

I thought that all E.U citizens legally in the UK were given visas

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

5-6 Million E.U citizens got long term UK visas at the time of Brexit , how many didnt get visas and had to go home ?

I thought that all E.U citizens legally in the UK were given visas

Depends on whether or not they filed claim before leaving during Covid. Many didn't, which is why they are not able to return to work. 

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Depends on whether or not they filed claim. Many didn't, which is why they are not able to return to work. 

How many ?

All you had to do was go online and fill out a form .

It was very easy to do 

How many didn't do that ?

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How many ?

All you had to do was go online and fill out a form .

It was very easy to do 

How many didn't do that ?

Clearly, a great many because they are not able to return now. That is why many did not return to better employment options.

• Like 2