Entering Thailand was a breeze

So I just came back to Thailand with a tourist visa, feel like I shouldn’t have bothers, people were coming in non stop with visa exemptions, not one person was stopped or asked any question or asked for documents/proof of funds. 

Won’t be getting a tourist visa next time that’s for sure, they didn’t ask me one question either about my 16 month stay with covid extensions, just gave them my passport, boarding pass, fingerprint, picture and done 

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

You did nothing wrong with those covid extensions. By getting a tourist visa you hedged bets for an easier entry (and longer stay) and were successful. What did you expect? 

Well, @gejohesch certainly made no bones about the "welcome" he allegedly received recently, even with a "visa for 60 days" he got from the Thai embassy in the country where he is resident! So maybe @dj230 is, indeed, right in steering clear of tourist visas in future!!????

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

You did nothing wrong with those covid extensions. By getting a tourist visa you hedged bets for an easier entry (and longer stay) and were successful. What did you expect? 

Yea that’s true I hedged for the worst, but just wanted to make a post notifying how easy it is to get into Thailand so others in my situation dont make the same mistake. 

was just surprised how relaxed the immigration was, typically with visa exempt, at least on the immigration and embassy websites, require proof of accommodation, round trip (or ticket out of Thailand) and cash requirements, however none of these were being checked. 

It was as easy as showing your passport, boarding pass, putting fingerprints in the reader, take a picture,

Thailand immigration is great 

Edited by dj230
  • Haha 2

nice

so whats your next move?

martial arts visa? re-educate yourself with E visa? pray to god for another covid wave? actually i suggest thai cooking classes.. they are fun and you can do something productive.. 

this is not a joke post. i really want to know waht else you want to do to stay any longer in thialand without a reason.. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, it is what it is said:

in over 20 years of coming and going i've never had any problems or excessive waits at immigration. i've always had the right visa/documentation, been polite and calm, i've always found the IOs to be efficient, some more friendly than others, but all doing their job. in 20 odd years i have no complaints.

seeing how others behave at airports and/or immigration centres i feel people who have issues often bring them on themselves

you've been in Thailand for 20 years continuously on visa exempt entries? wow, that's quite the achievement.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, problemfarang said:

nice

so whats your next move?

martial arts visa? re-educate yourself with E visa? pray to god for another covid wave? actually i suggest thai cooking classes.. they are fun and you can do something productive.. 

this is not a joke post. i really want to know waht else you want to do to stay any longer in thialand without a reason.. 

probably won’t be staying too long this time, 60-90 days and then I have to finish a computer science degree but may visit if I’m not busy. 

can go the digital nomad route after that ????, easily make 6 figures

13 hours ago, dj230 said:

Yea that’s true I hedged for the worst, but just wanted to make a post notifying how easy it is to get into Thailand so others in my situation dont make the same mistake. 

was just surprised how relaxed the immigration was, typically with visa exempt, at least on the immigration and embassy websites, require proof of accommodation, round trip (or ticket out of Thailand) and cash requirements, however none of these were being checked. 

It was as easy as showing your passport, boarding pass, putting fingerprints in the reader, take a picture,

Thailand immigration is great 

Not always. It depends on your past history. Imm can ask anyone questions if they feel its appropriate. 

On 12/31/2022 at 5:30 AM, OJAS said:

Well, @gejohesch certainly made no bones about the "welcome" he allegedly received recently, even with a "visa for 60 days" he got from the Thai embassy in the country where he is resident! So maybe @dj230 is, indeed, right in steering clear of tourist visas in future!!????

I opted for a TR visa to get a 60 days stretch before having to "do sthg", but if Thailand maintain the current 45 days visa exemption period, I will not renew the TR visa experience!