"It was the ghosts": Thai murder suspect tells press he's innocent of taking drugs - killing his 3 year old

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath were one of many news outlets following up on the story ASEAN NOW carried yesterday about a three year old being carried out of a house by her father and then found dead with her mouth stuffed with soil.

The father fled the Nakhon Sawan area on a motorcycle and was arrested last night in Chonburi, several hundred kilometers away.

The police there were not able to get anything coherent out of Ronnachai Pannon, 27.

Back at Lat Yao police station in the north Pol Lt-Col Prasopchai Nakwisut took the suspect in for questioning.

Reporters shouted questions and Ronnachai was only too willing to talk.

He said that he didn't do drugs and didn't kill his daughter in the cassava field.

And he didn't send a threatening letter.

And he didn't bury a gas canister in a eucalyptus orchard.

In the cassava field there were ghosts and they were responsible for taking his daughter.

He was very sad for her and having to leave her.

He said he put on his full face helmet and drove off.

Police in Nakhon Sawan were still trying to get something sensible out of Ronnachai last night and were releasing no further details.

ASEAN NOW earlier reported that Ronnachai had told a fib about a burst pipe to a gran who was looking after the child in the night.

He then allegedly ran off with the child who was found later in a ditch. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess many of us "laugh" about such strange reasoning. But ...

I remember many years ago I visited the family of my gf. One night everybody was drinking a lot and her small brother got totally wasted. I remember sometime in the middle of the night he was shouting around like a maniac. I stayed away from him and just listened to it from a distance.

The next day I talked to my gf and I mentioned that her brother was obviously absolutely drunk and behaved like an a$hole. Then she explained to me that that wasn't really her brother. He was week because he had drunk a lot. And because he was week some bad ghost could take possession of his body. So what I observed was not her brother, it was the bad ghost...

I didn't try to argue with her. I keep that information in my TiT knowledge box.

You're too conditioned by Western (Hollywood) perceptions of what a Ghost is.

22 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

You're too conditioned by Western (Hollywood) perceptions of what a Ghost is.

Then please explain to an ignorant person like me what a (Thai) ghost is.

My gf introduced me already one of them: Pee Pahom - the ghost which moves the blanket at night.

I have to admit I didn't see him/her/it until now.

• Haha 2

First, feel sorry for the kid. Not nice to read.

Is it an Asian thing to be a coward or is it just Thais ? It's "remarkable" how they can deny any fault when proven the contrary. And there is always a third person involved, it's never them. 

Where does this behavior come from ? Education ? It can't be innate or could it be ? If innate, then we are very different biology wise. The saying is "you learn by doing mistakes". It should be added for Thais (Asians?) if you assume it. 

Really wonder where this "hide your head in the sand" thing comes from.

Leaving to find a reproach to say to my wife and see if she blames the ghosts this time ????

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Then please explain to an ignorant person like me what a (Thai) ghost is.

My gf introduced me already one of them: Pee Pahom - the ghost which moves the blanket at night.

I have to admit I didn't see him/her/it until now.

No point in trying to explain it to you. You're sense of superiority makes it impossible for you to percieve that you may be incorrect.

The Ghost moving the blanket is simply a variation of the below

20230105_083528.jpg.b042cd82c1fe3fe120f7a200d7dd70ae.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe Farang said:

No point in trying to explain it to you. You're sense of superiority makes it impossible for you to percieve that you may be incorrect.

You, as an experienced and advanced member could try to explain it to me.

I live here only for 25 years; I obviously need guidance from someone with deep local knowledge. 

• Haha 1