Proof of Covid vaccines will be required again for ALL arrivals to Thailand

snoop1130

I am wondering what will happen Monday... People  leave tomorrow, Sunday, and there is no time anymore to arrange things, as Sunday a lot is closed or not working...

Another question how long will stand? I think that if there are  a lot of hotels complaining about cancellations , people are being refused because of no, too late or expired vaccinations and all kind of that , and maybe that Covid infection start to rise in Thaland, things will be different quickly...  

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Still don't, assuming entering using their Thai passport.

Well, my wife is dual citizen whether she still has a Thai passport I don't know but it wouldn't be a problem she had 4 shots of Pfizer like myself.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 6:47 AM, ozimoron said:

Good. Hospitals around the world are being overwhelmed again and Thailand doesn't want to follow suit.

Not quite sure thats exactly true.

I just looked up the numbers for the US and it's 41,000 hospitalizations, 4700 ICU cases as of Jan 4th, which is pretty much where is been bouncing along for the past six months.

Now I'm too lazy to look up the numbers for Europe but I can't believe it's much different on a per 100K population

You can't look up numbers for China the CCP wouldn't like those numbers floating around, but from all the anecdotal evidence it's pretty brutal.

So why is Thailand going to require vaccination proof from all?

Well you don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that they don't want to be seen to be singling out China.

I'm sure the idea of not pis*&*&ing off Xi is the #1 priority

I have a question,
I have had 2 vaccinations, but 14 months have passed since the last vaccination. So I wonder if I am still vaccinated and my certificates will be valid?

I have 2, because the first one was stronger, so I actually have 3. That's how it was in Germany.

I have tickets for February 21, but I don't think that will change after January 31.

Does anyone know if the new rules apply to expats, who have retirement visas issued within Thailand? Other than proof of vaccination, do any of the new health insurance requirements apply? 

I was told no, as long as it is a visa acquired within Thailand. Any info to the contrary? 

11 minutes ago, Maxim999 said:

I have a question,
I have had 2 vaccinations, but 14 months have passed since the last vaccination. So I wonder if I am still vaccinated and my certificates will be valid?

I have 2, because the first one was stronger, so I actually have 3. That's how it was in Germany.

I have tickets for February 21, but I don't think that will change after January 31.

I have not heard anything about the need for the vaccinations being recent. I don't plan on getting any more of them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Neslyšel jsem nic o tom, že je potřeba očkování teprve nedávno. Nemám v plánu si jich pořídit víc. 

So are my vaccinations from the second half of 2021 still valid?

But if I look in the application with certificates (German application), it says that I am not completely vaccinated.

I had a lot of problems with immunity after the vaccination, so I thought I'd better wait with the next vaccination. And everything was open...

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

I'm sure that will work out just fine for everyone ????

I'll reserve judgment on this until early next week. Topic unfollowed.

My friend flies out to Thailand this Monday and he's yet to receive a notification email from his airline informing him what he needs to provide. In his case it's Qatar Airways. Fortunately for him he's been keeping abreast of all the latest news and has his certificates already printed out and in digital form. So it's possible that some people might not be aware of the changes.

29 minutes ago, Maxim999 said:

I have a question,

I've had a look at the pdf from the CAAT for Thailand and there's no mention of date validity, just that you've had 2 doses from certain companies. In my case it's the AstraZeneca ones which are still good to go.

8 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Díval jsem se na pdf od CAAT pro Thajsko a není tam žádná zmínka o platnosti data, jen že jste měli 2 dávky od určitých společností. V mém případě jsou to ty AstraZeneca, které jsou stále dobré.

Oh thank you

I have the first Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) they were stronger and the second Biontech. In Germany these 2 are taken as 3.

3 minutes ago, Maxim999 said:

Oh thank you

I have the first Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) they were stronger and the second Biontech. In Germany these 2 are taken as 3.

The J&J one on the approved vaccination list is "Janssen or Janssen/Ad26.COV2.S" according to the details and it's only 1 dose needed.

I've posted the link below for CAAT Thailand, but you'll need to scroll down and click on the pdf link

https://www.caat.or.th/th/archives/70516

56 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I think I had my booster about 9 months ago will I be ok?

From the information that has been provided so far it's not about the date of the vaccine, but the number of doses a person has had. To meet the new guidelines, most vaccines require just 2 doses, although some only require 1 dose. For instance, AstraZeneca is 2 doses, same as the Pfizer-BioNTech vax. The approved list is available on the CAAT of Thailand which I posted above.

Edited by Senior Player

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

From the information that has been provided so far it's not about the date of the vaccine, but the number of doses a person has had. To meet the new guidelines, most vaccines require just 2 doses, although some only require 1 dose. For instance, AstraZeneca is 2 doses, same as the Pfizer-BioNTech vax. The approved list is available on the CAAT of Thailand which I posted above.

In the UK it was 2 initial doses, then 2 boosters, given by the age of the patient (oldest first). My most recent one (Moderna) was 26 September 2022 - all 4 are shown on my NHS Covid Pass.

Edited by VBF

10 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

So we are both wrong then? 

If you say virus wont get weaker then it won't get more deadly either?  Those virus you mentioned have not got more deadly have they?  

To be fair, flu did. Its been with humans for about 2000 years, from Greece. It wasn't too remarkable until about 200 years ago, and a Russian epidemic, and a bunch of quite serious epidemics in the 19th Century, culminating in 1918 flu.

And in the last 10 years, HIV has become more virulant due to natural selection.

And Syphillis isn't a viral infection, but bacterial. Bacterial strain evolution is another thing.

12 hours ago, VBF said:

Small correction - you do need a log-in whether you use the App or do it online - it's the same log-in details.

I logged in yesterday, got a current NHS Covid Pass, downloaded it and printed it- will put it with my ticket for next month's departure. Whole procedure took 5 minutes!  (Will also copy it to phone and tablet!!) My Certificate is good until July (6 months) at which time I'll do the same again and keep one "just in case"

Or call 119 and order a certificate for travel. The previously mentioned cards are not proof of vaccination.

• Like 1

Thais and foreigners can get vaccinated at the Institute of Dermatology in #Bangkok on these dates: 12, 13, 16, 17,18, 19, 20 January from 9:00am - 3:00pm. Book appointment here (Thai language) https://covid19.iod.go.th/vaccine or try walk-in. Map: https://bit.ly/IODmap

Edited by anchadian