Prince Harry's confession to killing 25 in Afghanistan may cause security risk.

Social Media

Been great to see the Daily Fail, in full bigot mode, screaming from its headlines "Oh spare us" and moaning that no-one wants to hear about it and then covering the subject in microscopic detail over 17 full pages.

To be expected after they got taken to the cleaners in the libel courts though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrfill said:

Been great to see the Daily Fail, in full bigot mode, screaming from its headlines "Oh spare us" and moaning that no-one wants to hear about it and then covering the subject in microscopic detail over 17 full pages.

Who got taken to the cleaners in the libel courts? Link?

• Haha 1

It would be nice if this inbred royal idiot and his gold-digging Z-List "actress" wife could take a short break from the publicity seeking spotlight for a while and give everyone a break from their constant inane ramblings .....

about 10 years would be nice......

• Like 2

On 1/7/2023 at 4:43 PM, mrfill said:

You mean the time Meghan "forgot" about co-operating about the sympathetic book about Harry?

More MEghan lies.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-business-meghan-markle-prince-harry-arts-and-entertainment-14acb3cf71d908028f4a8dde53ffb3e9

image.png.b8b96e6262bde64340584bfa58069fe8.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bangon04 said:

It would be nice if this inbred royal idiot and his gold-digging Z-List "actress" wife could take a short break from the publicity seeking spotlight for a while and give everyone a break from their constant inane ramblings .....

about 10 years would be nice......

Why? Isn't the main reason of royal functioning to be in publicity? Or do you know of another reason? 

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Obviously a while.

Thing is, the vast majority of veterans do NOT discuss things like this, especially in public.  I did a couple years in the military, my brother is still in, cousin did time too, and we would never think of talking like this.  Perhaps, just perhaps within a select group of close war buddies you might discuss the particulars of a certain mission or engagement. But counting scalps?  Never. 

Perhaps, just perhaps within a select group of close war buddies you might discuss the particulars of a certain mission or engagement. But counting scalps?  Never. 

In your experience maybe but not for everyone, just check the number of SAS books on missions by the the actual soldiers which covers every detail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Perhaps, just perhaps within a select group of close war buddies you might discuss the particulars of a certain mission or engagement. But counting scalps?  Never. 

In your experience maybe but not for everyone, just check the number of SAS books on missions by the the actual soldiers which covers every detail.

...which is why I said "vast majority" do not discuss it.  If you had a father/uncle/grandfather who served in wartime, did they ever talk about their "kill count" in such crass terms? Mine did not. 

Also, perhaps the type of service may make a difference. If you are in the infantry, up close and personal, then you can say for sure what you did. Harry was in an attack helicopter, so how can he say for certain how many of the enemy he killed? Sounds like idle boasting at worst.  Most actual warriors would say something like, "I did my duty" or "I did what I had to do". 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

...which is why I said "vast majority" do not discuss it.  If you had a father/uncle/grandfather who served in wartime, did they ever talk about their "kill count" in such crass terms? Mine did not. 

Also, perhaps the type of service may make a difference. If you are in the infantry, up close and personal, then you can say for sure what you did. Harry was in an attack helicopter, so how can he say for certain how many of the enemy he killed? Sounds like idle boasting at worst.  Most actual warriors would say something like, "I did my duty" or "I did what I had to do". 

I'm not defending his revelations about who or how many he killed I was responding directly to your experience and that of other soldiers who have done the same but with even more operational and graphic details. For money.