Thailand detects its first case of COVID-19 XAY.2 variant

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr. Supakit said that there is no reason to be overly concerned about increased arrivals of tourists from China, because 97%of the COVID-19 infections in China are related to the BA.5.2 and BF.7 sub-variants, which are not new sub-variants and do not spread more quickly than the sub-variants currently found in Thailand.

I feel safer already

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Covid-19 is rampant throughout Thailand after the recent holidays. My 12 yrs old son has 4 classmates who are absent out of 26 in his class. I had a Pfizer booster yesterday at the local hospital and now moved to a small window at the back building without any other takers. No 2nd generation vaccines available (Also no Moderna). 

I foresee the Chinese arriving and with their compulsary insurance they will fillup all the capacity at the hospitals as they won't be allowed to travel back to China if positive. Or, as was the case in Hong Kong, a market will spring up in illegal "Negatve for Covid-19" medical certificates. As the insurance companies got burnt by Covid-19 previously; I wonder how much a policy costs now?

Dr. Supakit said that there is no reason to be overly concerned about increased arrivals of tourists from China, because 97%of the COVID-19 infections in China are related to the BA.5.2 and BF.7 sub-variants, which are not new sub-variants and do not spread more quickly than the sub-variants currently found in Thailand.

What a relief I feel so much better now.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Purdey said:

Thailand needs tourists due to its inability to develop an educated population and entice foreign manufacturers here. So its economy is always going to be hostage to COVID.

The lack of leadership here will see it stumbling from crisis to crisis forever. 

This is the way they choose on purpose for their minions.