Bentley driving tycoon: "I wasn't drunk" - it was just 1-2 small glasses of Champers

webfact

2 hours ago, itsari said:

A man that has wealth has no excuse to drive under the influence as they can well afford a driver to take them from bar to bar . 

How much champaign he drank is of no consequence , it will be the level of alcohol in his blood on what sentence he should receive and of course allowing for the two hour delay in taking the blood test . 

Now he wants to blame the truck for running into his handy work . Had he not driven into the car the truck would of not had a accident . 

Yes but it’s then difficult to <deleted> the mistress, Mia Gil or coyote with a 3rd person in the vehicle.

Makes come to my Bentley for a bang have a new meaning

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, itsari said:

A man that has wealth has no excuse to drive under the influence as they can well afford a driver to take them from bar to bar . 

How much champaign he drank is of no consequence , it will be the level of alcohol in his blood on what sentence he should receive and of course allowing for the two hour delay in taking the blood test . 

Now he wants to blame the truck for running into his handy work . Had he not driven into the car the truck would of not had a accident . 

And to be honest, he didn't do himself any favors by saying he wasn't a regular drinker.  If so then 1 or 2 glasses will put you over your abilities really quickly.  <deleted>in smooth brain dip<deleted>

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Asked about several empty wine bottles in his car he explained that was to do with a girlfriend of a friend who like the look of the empty bottles.

I bet he borrowed the watch he was wearing too...

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That would override a blood alcohol test that's already been done?   I don't think so.

I've not suggested it would. However, IF he is only charged with drink driving and a good lawyer picks up on any minor technicality to throw out the validity of such test then without other charges there is no case against a reckless driver... 

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In Thailand many accept anything they're told - you know, the old don't ask questions culture taught since early childhood. It's only foreigners like us who ridicule them for spouting such nonsense, which to some Thais is why they don't like us and consider us troublemakers. The above excuse is the standard that a four year old would make up.

Exactly! Like - "I borrowed the luxury watches from a friend who is now dead so I couldn't give them back and just forgot about them" 

The object of the exercise is to convince all and sundry (including the RTP and judiciary) that "I am a very wealthy  person and can well afford to pay any huge bribe that may be needed to keep me out of jail"!

Wow, what a true class act this "super rich tycoon" is. Not only did he drunkenly drive his fancy car into the back of a Pajero, but he also had the audacity to try and blame it on intestinal gas problems and his friend's girlfriend liking empty wine bottles. And let's not forget the cherry on top, his companion bleeding from a recent nose job. But of course, he's not worried, he'll just pay off the injured party and buy them a new car. I'm sure that will make everything better. Plus, the fact that he refused a DUI test and was bailed out for a measly 100,000 baht just solidifies his entitled attitude. Truly a shining example of how money can buy you out of any responsibility in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

The fact he was 'sober' and still drove in that fashion is even more worrying than if he were drunk.

Depends what the girlfriend was biting on or drinking at the time.

Or she may have been fiddling for the non existent gear knob.

But his version, by any account, would have been hard to swallow

Edited by Reigntax
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, itsari said:

The Pajero also shouldn't have been on the road with red plates at that time either.

Edited by alien365
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chivas said:

The laughter will ensue but until (worldwide) there is a standard drink drive limit and to exceed it ensures a (mininum) 1 year custodial sentence on the spot then the carnage will continue

I dont care what people think if you know yourself that a simple road side Police block could send you to the monkey house on the spot and with car/bike confiscated then you will heavily stop people doing it not just in Thailand but everywhere....you'll never stop some but you will stop a lot

Bang em up seriously. And dont get me started on drug driving, Thats 10 years on the spot lol

People will cont. to drink no matter the fine if drink driving. We have stiffer sentences in the States than years ago and people still get busted. It would be no different here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, happydreamer said:

And to be honest, he didn't do himself any favors by saying he wasn't a regular drinker.  If so then 1 or 2 glasses will put you over your abilities really quickly.  <deleted>in smooth brain dip<deleted>

Mostly brains do not belong to a lot of rich people.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is is also being charged with dangerous / reckless driving ?

In all the years of living here, I have never heard of anyone being charged for reckless driving, much less being pulled over for such. It just does not happen. Same applies to fleeing from the scene of a crime here. 

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps...  But I doubt he was drinking in his car... 

The excuse of having ‘some’ empty wine bottles in the car seems plausible... i.e. that the GF of a friend wanted them - fair enough.... But that does not mean he [the Bentley driver] had no part in consuming the wine from said wine bottles... 

The vast majority of establishments have CCTV...  I’m not sure where they were drinking, but if its in a public place (i.e. bar or restaurant) it could be established how much he had to drink. 

If anyone was motivated to make the effort. Doubt that is the case here. Will this cretin spend any time in jail, or have his license revoked? Likely not. The wheel gets more grease. 

This guy is just another rich Thai male who has stooped to lying to try and save

his face.   It is Thailand after all, and I have seen this method used many times.

Just another coward who will not take the blame for his poor judgment and 

actions. IMO

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Suthat Siwaphiromrat said he was not a serious drinker due to intestinal gas problems

Well, he certainly spouted a load of hot air, whether it be from his mouth or his a***.

Edited by AhFarangJa

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Asked about several empty wine bottles in his car he explained that was to do with a girlfriend of a friend who like the look of the empty bottles. 

Should take her down to the local re-cycling place, for a real treat on her birthday.

• Haha 1

It has been like that for the last four decades I can recall and it will not change anytime soon. Unless, of course, the Thai people will start to realize, that the biggest crooks, thieves, liars and gangsters are among their own people. 
There are countless cases where HUGE manila envelopes have been moved and are moving still. While in a normal country police (domestically) and army (along the borders) are here to protect its people, Thailand managed to cultivate its electorate to serve police and army. 
Among 500 senators you find 250 hand-picked non-elected members by a non-elected prime minister - your call! Does anyone, seriously, still believe in Easter Bunnies and Father Christmas? Well, you better do as they are alive and kicking everywhere in Lalalaland ..........