Foreigners Who Allegedly Attacked Thai Tourists on Samui Island Reportedly Relocated to Phuket

webfact

5 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Please send them to the BKK Hilton.  There is always a welcoming party for folks who think they can attack Thais in this country.  It is not a nice party.

Are you equally advocating that if it turns out the Thais were the instigators /aggressors that then they too should go to BKK Hilton ? If not,perhaps you should rephrase your comment to appear less partial. How about an alternative along the lines of " Thais who think they can get away with attacking guests because they think they should be immune because it’s in their country " ??

Eating brunch at the place yesterday when 3 cops came and wanted to see videos from the night when it all happened. Thought it was a bit strange thing to do 12 days after the incident. But if other than Samui police is involved I kind of understand. But why are they involved?  

11 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

The reporting on this alleged incident is so vague as to question what really happened. I can't imagine why a group of foreigners would attack a group of Thai tourists unless excessive drugs and drink were involved. Even then it seems highly unlikely.

The only things bruised were egos I'm guessing on this one.

17 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

You must ask yourself why his nick-name is 'Big Joke' ? I would say self exoplanetary, like so many of these fools that put on a pretty uniform with lot's of 'Pips' and work to feather there own nest's.

It's a homonym for Thai porridge...."Johk"....big bowl of porridge.

The bottom line is that there is never any upside to engaging a Thai person, much less a group of them, in a fight. If you kick their ass, you lose. If they kick your ass, you lose. No upside to that formula. Best to just keep your cool, show respect, and avoid fights in public. Remember, this is a land of face. Even something as benign as a street race, can mean they end up losing face. Which for well developed, normal people is not a big deal. But for seriously immature men, or boys, it is.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 6:34 AM, Edwin Cameron said:

You must ask yourself why his nick-name is 'Big Joke' ? I would say self exoplanetary, like so many of these fools that put on a pretty uniform with lot's of 'Pips' and work to feather their own nest's.

Gotta hate those exoplanetarians. Viscous mob, them lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 5:09 PM, SunnyinBangrak said:

I noticed a very small private jet landing in Samui yesterday, looked much like a Cessna Mustang but can't be certain. Does this police chief travel by private business jet to investigate small time bar disputes and spats? Anyone know how he travelled to/from Samui?

No that was me, we popped over for the weekend. 

• Haha 1