Top Thai virologist says if you’re healthy “you can ditch the face mask”

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“BA.5.2 is not worrisome as Thailand has already faced it. Instead, the XBB.1.5 and BQ.1.1 subvariants from the US and Europe are concerning.”

Seems like many are not worried. One colleague wears a mask due to an allergy caused by PM2.5. Others just seem to prefer wearing a mask in the office.

2 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

I have been to Issan and up North, and masks are ignored or just worn in a half-ass manner.  Everyone is tired of those face diapers.  

And, they do not work anyway.

If they did, China would not have a problem, because they wear masks 24 hours a day....555555.

I've watched several street scene videos a week shot in China, and almost no-one was wearing a mask.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, the usual anti mask cry babies seem not to have read the full text or gone to the link. In reality he is changing nothing.....

But hey, if people in Issarn and up North aren't bothering they must be superfluous as they are all real smart up there!

You have gone native haven't you?

You'll be calling us Buffaloes next...

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

The dreaded mask is to stop a person from spraying out virus laden spit & breath to infect others.

The Vaccine is to minimise the effect of the virus IF YOU CATCH IT. It does not prevent you catching it, or spreading it.

Quite right.

It calls into question the legitimacy of the doctor especially when he is reported to have said double vaccinated people are immune. They are not. The vaccine only lasts a limited length of time which varies depending which vaccine is administered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not always about yourself, its also about people knowingly having a very contagious virus and reducing the chance of spreading it to others who may be at risk while you are perhaps in the office or other enclosed spaces. 

......and then bring the children and/or grandchildren to visit granny in the nursing home. Oops.

It has been accepted as just another circulating virus in the West.

That's why life has gone back to normal there.

Covid? What's Covid.

You can attempt to stop mother nature by any ridiculous means you want but big bad Covid is going to get you anyway.

Surely what's happened with the reopening of China has taught you that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, aussienam said:

I have to laugh at people who wore/wear a mask over their mouth but not their nose.  There's a fellow at my gym who dons his mask like this and I just wonder ..... for what?  Time to free yourself of the mask mate.  

Might be better if he pulled it over his nose, unless he has a Roman one.....

That happened a lot in early masking days, people with specs also complained they steamed up. If he is older he may be justified wanting to protect himself... from Covid and from flu....... I get quite a few reports of people catching Covid getting quite sick... not something to play Russian Roulette with. Gyms must be a likely place to catch nasty diseases! (Or getting hit with a dumbbell) 

Edited by jacko45k

52 minutes ago, jcmj said:

If the masks work so well then why do people wearing them have a problem if I don’t? 

You see masks are not all the same, some are very thin and very cheap. But the N95 mask is much thicker and better made.  Now  when I go shopping and I wear a N95 mask I got around a half hour to finish my shopping before I am gasping for air. I hope this helped.

58 minutes ago, aussienam said:

I have to laugh at people who wore/wear a mask over their mouth but not their nose.  There's a fellow at my gym who dons his mask like this and I just wonder ..... for what?  Time to free yourself of the mask mate.  

why dont you ask him.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The dreaded mask is to stop a person from spraying out virus laden spit & breath to infect others.

The Vaccine is to minimise the effect of the virus IF YOU CATCH IT. It does not prevent you catching it, or spreading it.

Vaccines prevent the contraction of a disease.  These clot shots have been proven not to be vaccines.  Even Pfizer admitted that natural immunity is 100 times better than the protection given by their clot shots. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1