GOP congressman displays Christian nationalist flag outside his congressional office

Scott

GOP congressman displays Christian nationalist flag outside his congressional office

U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman has a Christian nationalist flag connected to the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol displayed outside his congressional office.

On Friday morning, Grothman posted a picture of the flag — which shows an image of a pine tree and the phrase “An Appeal to Heaven” on a white background — to his Twitter account with a message inviting people to visit him in the Longworth House Office Building.

“With the 118th Congress underway, the People’s House has finally reopened to visitors,” Grothman wrote. “If you’re in Washington DC, I encourage you to stop by my office and say hello!”

https://www.rawstory.com/gop-congressman-displays-christian-nationalist-flag-outside-his-congressional-office/

raw-story-logo-300x113.png

Seems like a flag with a long and storied history, dating back to the American Revolution. It was used as a naval flag by frigates commissioned by George Washington.  

If you took the stance that every flag flown in a riot or disturbance was taboo, there wouldnt be too many flags left to fly.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

jesus-constitution.jpg.bd5b31c4a663bd356dd5e92c94e022ff.jpg

This is a scene edited out of the Book of Genesis.

Nice shot of Abe Lincoln doing his Al Jolson impression.

I am always amused by the way some of these people say things like "this is what the founding fathers would want" without a trace of mirth.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

What is the obsession with flags in the USA?

In UK it's the Crown.

In the US it's the flag.

Or do you mean stuff like this?

What is the significance of a flagpole and U.S. flag on a pickup truck? - Quora

My own personal take is anyone who wears their patriotism on their sleeve has something else up that sleeve.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Keep Right said:

So is old sleepy Joe but that does not prevent him from projection the gay flag on the White House.

Is the gay flag a symbol of intolerance or racism like the confederate flag or the Christian nationalist pine tree flag?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2023 at 12:44 AM, Hanaguma said:

Seems like a flag with a long and storied history, dating back to the American Revolution. It was used as a naval flag by frigates commissioned by George Washington.  

If you took the stance that every flag flown in a riot or disturbance was taboo, there wouldnt be too many flags left to fly.  

Sorry to disappoint the Congressman but msm hasent mentioned it as far as I know,kinda sucks for his attempt at fundraising if that’s what it is pretty lame ???? Imo 

On 1/14/2023 at 12:03 PM, Scott said:

U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman has a Christian nationalist flag connected to the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol displayed outside his congressional office.

I don't remember seeing any of those flags during the invasion of the Capitol, so how are they "connected" to the attack?

I read the article, but the mention doesn't convince me of that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't remember seeing any of those flags during the invasion of the Capitol, so how are they "connected" to the attack?

I read the article, but the mention doesn't convince me of that.

That only means you didn't watch any of the videos or read any of the articles which showed plenty of them.

https://religionunplugged.com/news/2021/1/6/some-history-behind-the-christian-flags-at-the-pro-trump-capitol-coup

Edited by ozimoron