Scam! Cheap motorbike and car licenses on offer

snoop1130

Just now, hotchilli said:

Almost like the real thing then?

My Thai partner got her licence a couple of months back through a driving school. She did a total of about 4 or 5 hours actually behind the wheel and she is still far too nervous to drive by herself or drive in busy traffic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Which explains so much.

Every day I watch a young lady in my Moo baan trying to park her red plate car after getting a licence to drive last month

The car is fitted with front/rear sensors, rear parking camera, a rear view mirror and two door mirrors.

After several shunts forwards and backwards she gets out to check how she did.

Gets back in the car, several shunts more she checks again.

It amazes me and I often wonder how she would do in a shopping mall parking lot?

Introduce yourself to her, help her out, give her a few lessons, only if she's as fit as a butchers dog. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My Thai partner got her licence a couple of months back through a driving school. She did a total of about 4 or 5 hours actually behind the wheel and she is still far too nervous to drive by herself or drive in busy traffic.

why haven't you made sure she's been properly taught then? surely a wise move for her, your and other road users safety...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

why haven't you made sure she's been properly taught then? surely a wise move for her, your and other road users safety...

I'm not a driving instructor, and this is how the majority of Thais get their licence. Take it up with the Ministry of Transport, not me. I might also add that she hasn't actually driven a car since getting her licence, so other road users are not at risk, from her. Can't speak for the many thousands who got the same degree of training.

Edited by giddyup

Where the driving license test goes badly wrong, and not just in Thailand, but in the UK and probably other countries also, is the eyesight test.

Test examiners etc, are not qualified to give any kind of eyesight tests. That should be left to qualified opticians.

Thailand is the worst with the stupid test involving lining up the two sticks. I stood and watched people taking that test a few years ago, and they were failing one after the other, no one is going to tell me that all these "failures" have defective eyesight.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

Where the driving license test goes badly wrong, and not just in Thailand, but in the UK and probably other countries also, is the eyesight test.

Test examiners etc, are not qualified to give any kind of eyesight tests. That should be left to qualified opticians.

Thailand is the worst with the stupid test involving lining up the two sticks. I stood and watched people taking that test a few years ago, and they were failing one after the other, no one is going to tell me that all these "failures" have defective eyesight.

That test has been dropped in Pattaya, they only ask you to identify traffic light colours and a brake test, that's it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That test has been dropped in Pattaya, they only ask you to identify traffic light colours and a brake test, that's it.

Yet in Bangkok you still complete all 4 physical ability tests. 

Identify the light color 3 times. 

Brake test

Aligning the 2 sticks in the box

Peripheral vision test.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet in Bangkok you still complete all 4 physical ability tests. 

Identify the light color 3 times. 

Brake test

Aligning the 2 sticks in the box

Peripheral vision test.

I'm colour blind so always needed help on identifying the colours when they were just dots in a circle. Now it's just like a small traffic light where the three colours flash randomly, red, amber and green, so can pass that one easily.

39 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm colour blind so always needed help on identifying the colours when they were just dots in a circle. Now it's just like a small traffic light where the three colours flash randomly, red, amber and green, so can pass that one easily.

I remember being shocked  when I found out I was colour blind, it came completely out the green..

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Good to hear that, thanks, maybe I will come down to Pattaya when my license is due in November, I managed it OK the last time, but I think it was more like luck when I passed it, I never had a problem before that.