US man meets top lawyer after 13 MB Porsche from luxury showroom proves to be a dud

webfact

13 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Get a kick out of comments like this.. Lack of game in Thailand 55555.. Pussy capital of the world.. Actually it is the opposite IMHO.

Just shows the level of intellect... you think an abundance of females means a punter has game?

... many might be here because of a polar opposite !!!

13 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

If you are driving a car like this in Thailand you are an idiot and don't have game..

Or you like cars....   Only people who can’t afford cars such as this seem to make such ridiculous judgments of those who can. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just shows the level of intellect... you think an abundance of females means a punter has game?

... many might be here because of a polar opposite !!!

Or you like cars....   Only people who can’t afford cars such as this seem to make such ridiculous judgments of those who can. 

Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I am stupid enough to buy one in Thailand... 5555

Females dime a dozen in Thailand.. Intellect, hahaha.   Poor baby had a bad experience...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

What does that have to do with Idiots being cars like this in pot hole heaven.

Have you been in Thailand, travelled around at all?...  most of the roads are very decent, there are some good driving roads in Thailand.... 

A Porsche isn’t going to be an issue in many area’s of the country.

Idiots will be idiots.  

Hmm... indeed... as some poster on this thread have been proving !!

‘jealous idiots’ it seems. 

And the Thai's will extract their money with pleasure.

Only foreigners buy exotic cars in Thailand ?...   Thai’s don’t ??? erm... 

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have you been in Thailand, travelled around at all?...  most of the roads are very decent, there are some good driving roads in Thailand.... 

A Porsche isn’t going to be an issue in many area’s of the country.

Hmm... indeed... as some poster on this thread have been proving !!

‘jealous idiots’ it seems. 

Only foreigners buy exotic cars in Thailand ?...   Thai’s don’t ??? erm... 

Must be the dealer that sold the car..   

Na, Thais are idiots that buy these also.

You must not travel in Thailand... It's pretty obvious you have absolutely no idea what is going on in most parts of the country.   Last truck I had there I put 370 KM on it from north to south many times. Only people that buy cars like this are not to bright IMHO. But you should know that?

Have a good one.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Must be the dealer that sold the car..   

Na, Thais are idiots that buy these also.

You must not travel in Thailand... It's pretty obvious you have absolutely no idea what is going on in most parts of the country.   Last truck I had there I put 370 KM on it from north to south many times. Only people that buy cars like this are not to bright IMHO. But you should know that?

Have a good one.

Interesting that you think people with nice cars are idiots...  That would bring into question your jealousy above anything else...  

Of course, if money were no object you’d just have a Toyota right??? after all, you’re not an idiot, are you?  :giggle:

Where have you been that a Porsche couldn’t drive? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gknrd said:

Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I am stupid enough to buy one in Thailand... 5555

Where would you buy a nice car ??? Not just Porsche, but say a Merc S Class too ? Or perhaps a BMW M5 etc ?

1 hour ago, Gknrd said:

Females dime a dozen in Thailand.. Intellect, hahaha.   Poor baby had a bad experience...

That depends on your standards... Lots of ho’s about ‘dime a dozen’ as you say... or a least a few dimes for an hour or so....  Up to you !!....    None of this has any relevance to a guy who can afford a car... 

Only few of you posters made the ‘chick magnet’ point but missed that the guy is married... 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting that you think people with nice cars are idiots...  That would bring into question your jealousy above anything else...  

Of course, if money were no object you’d just have a Toyota right??? after all, you’re not an idiot, are you?  :giggle:

Not at all, only people in Thailand and places where they are pretty much useless. You pretty much lost my interest when you said the roads are good in Thailand.  You just don't know what you are talking about what so ever.   I mean you can tool around on a few roads in Thailand just like many Asian countries but that is very limited.

Most people that have money in Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia and in Thailand that have money are not idiots. They buy high in Lexus high road clearance SUV's.. They are the smart ones. You?  just another guy or girl that doesn't travel and has very little knowledge.

A few buy the Land Cruiser, but idiots will be idiots..

Edited by Gknrd
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Not at all, only people in Thailand and places where they are pretty much useless. You pretty much lost my interest when you said the roads are good in Thailand.  You just don't know what you are talking about what so ever.   I mean you can tool around on a few roads in Thailand just like many Asian countries but that is very limited.

Most people that have money in Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia and in Thailand that have money are not idiots. They buy high in Lexus high road clearance SUV's.. They are the smart ones. You?  just another guy or girl that doesn't travel and has very little knowledge.

Aha - smart people buy 'high in Lexus high clearance SUV's'.

But people buying a Porsche  Cayenne or Macan, both SUV's with high clearance when selecting 'off-road' mode are idiots in your opinion.

Nothing further.

20220701_130359.jpg

On 1/17/2023 at 9:35 AM, LennyW said:

What is a Tik Tok star, i mostly see nothing but clowns on Tik Tok!

You are just showing your ignorance here …. there is some brilliant material on Tik Tok if you know how to use the Social Media Platform.

There is some rubbish, just like all Social Networks, but you don't have to look at it if you know how to navigate.

Instead of just looking at your default live feed … try using the SEARCH option.

p.s. I forgot to check … you have used TikTok … right?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, csmith said:

You are just showing your ignorance here …. there is some brilliant material on Tik Tok if you know how to use the Social Media Platform.

There is some rubbish, just like all Social Networks, but you don't have to look at it if you know how to navigate.

Instead of just looking at your default live feed … try using the SEARCH option.

p.s. I forgot to check … you have used TikTok … right?

Why would i download that Chinese spyware, i only see what is bombarded on other media platforms.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/18/2023 at 10:02 PM, richard_smith237 said:

On 1/18/2023 at 11:32 PM, Gknrd said:

You drive a truck, but you say you have the money to buy a Porsche? Troll.  As for ''poor'' Thai highways....try driving North American highways.

I bought a used Porsche 944 in 1989.  Officially, the model year 1983 1/2, and it also broke down all the time, but I only paid $10,900 for it.

However, I’ve seen exotic facsimile cars in Bangkok (like a Ford Mustang Shelby) that looked remarkably like the real thing.

Edited by Real Name Hidden

On 1/18/2023 at 7:32 PM, Gknrd said:
On 1/18/2023 at 6:02 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

IF road clearance were such an issue... why are nearly all the taxis in thailand a Toyota Vios ???

How are so many regular sedans getting about ??

Ground Clearance Toyota Vios: 133mm

Ground Clearance Porsche 911: 109mm

The difference is 2.4 cm !!!!! 

You only need ground clearance if you are driving down muddy farm lanes etc...

That said, its also sometimes useful in Bangkoks floods !

But realistically, this idea of yours that a vehicle such as a Porsche 911 is useless in Thailand because it doesn’t have sufficient ground clearance is utterly flawed...  

.... you just haven’t thought through the argument properly.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 7:32 PM, Gknrd said:

You pretty much lost my interest when you said the roads are good in Thailand.  You just don't know what you are talking about what so ever.

Where have you driven in Thailand where the roads are unsuitable for a Porsche 911 ???

25 years here.. I have driven all over...  Songkhla, HatYai, Satun, Trat, Krabi, Phattalung, Surrathani, Samui, Phuket, Prachuab, Hua Hin, Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Chonburi, Chantaburi, Koh Chang, Khao Yai, Tak, Mae Sot, Phitsanulok, Petchabun, Khon Kaen, Chumpon, Kalasin, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai (and all areas around those areas)...

None of the roads I travelled on could considered unnavigable for a Porsche 911...   some of those roads were ideally suited to a fast Porsche..... they could have been great fun... 

So... Exactly which roads were you driving on along which you would not be able to drive a Porsche 911 with relative comfort ?

The only area’s I could think of are some small sub-soi’s where the local residents get fed up of speeders and build their own excessively large speed bump...  the other area’s would be getting on and off some ferries at periods of low tide where the nose-overhang may cause issue of the angle was too sharp. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

So... Exactly which roads were you driving on along which you would not be able to drive a Porsche 911 with relative comfort ?

If looking to drive at the speeds attributable to the model, then I would suggest any roads that incorporate u-turns ! As much as I'd love to own one, couldn't imagine a poodle down Soi Buakhao being to relaxing. Wouldn't be too keen on parking in Lotus's' either! ????

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But realistically, this idea of yours that a vehicle such as a Porsche 911 is useless in Thailand because it doesn’t have sufficient ground clearance is utterly flawed...  

I would never say 'useless'.... but nor could I say that a sports car would work for me here. The Mrs wants to visit the village monthly... I am a afraid the Porsche would not make it, seriously. Not sure it could make it up Pattaya's Railway Line Bypass Rd... after what the drainage project has done to it. 

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, Neeranam said:

With this much money, there's only one who has been conned. Why would anyone that rich want to live with a girl in Pattaya beats me. 

I should ask you, why not? Where do you suggest he should live? With a bit of money tucked away, you can have a great life in Pattaya and the money will go a lot further than in your home country.  Each to their own. Maybe his girlfriend is actually the Tiktok star and he supports her career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mancub said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If looking to drive at the speeds attributable to the model, then I would suggest any roads that incorporate u-turns ! As much as I'd love to own one, couldn't imagine a poodle down Soi Buakhao being to relaxing. Wouldn't be too keen on parking in Lotus's' either! ????

In the past 15 years or so every car I’ve had has been capable of at least 200kmh....  its safe to say no car is being driven at the speed attributable to the model... 

Ultimately, the performance of any car is completely superfluous to the A-B practicality on the road.

On the ‘tesco lotus parking’... obviously options will differ, but I pick up far fewer supermarket dings here (in Bangkok) than I do in the UK where people seem utterly less considerate of other peoples vehicles.

I personally have no interest in buying a car such as a Porsche 911 unless it was a second or third car for a bit of fun.

I don’t accuse those who choose such a car as being idiots. In fact I’d it would be rather idiotic to levy such an accusation, one would be idiotic when projecting their own ideals and reasons in the actions of others they don’t know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I would never say 'useless'.... but nor could I say that a sports car would work for me here. The Mrs wants to visit the village monthly... I am a afraid the Porsche would not make it, seriously. Not sure it could make it up Pattaya's Railway Line Bypass Rd... after what the drainage project has done to it. 

Same here... but usually this type of car is not a primary vehicle....  

Many are evaluating the practicality of such a car (Porsche 911) as if it were the only car then projecting their own needs and usage...  

... the reality for people who buy these cars is quite different than the reality many forum members are passing judgement from. For some, this reality is so alien that they simply have no comprehension whatsoever of ‘life on the other side’ and make flawed judgements of the intellect of the owners of such vehicles.... that in itself is quite stupid. 

3 hours ago, mancub said:

As much as I'd love to own one, couldn't imagine a poodle down Soi Buakhao being to relaxing. ????

There's a guy getting around town in his R8, looks and sounds great.

He was in the soi Buakhao traffic jam the other day, what a shame, that beautiful car spending 30 minutes at a crawl.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 10:19 AM, Robin said:

Just because the man is a "Tick Tok Star" does not mean that he is not entitled to justice when being sold a bad second -hand car.  If the dealer managed to unload a 'dog' onto the unfortunate man, the dealer should make some recompense.

I was always told that Porsches do not break down.

I believe its 'Rolls Royce's' that do not break down?????

In the past 15 years or so every car I’ve had has been capable of at least 200kmh....  its safe to say no car is being driven at the speed attributable to the model... 

Ultimately, the performance of any car is completely superfluous to the A-B practicality on the road.

On the ‘tesco lotus parking’... obviously options will differ, but I pick up far fewer supermarket dings here (in Bangkok) than I do in the UK where people seem utterly less considerate of other peoples vehicles.

I personally have no interest in buying a car such as a Porsche 911 unless it was a second or third car for a bit of fun.

I don’t accuse those who choose such a car as being idiots. In fact I’d it would be rather idiotic to levy such an accusation, one would be idiotic when projecting their own ideals and reasons in the actions of others they don’t know.

Idiots is not to harsh IMO. If you drive one here then!   

Actually if you do any traveling a cheap Ford, Toyota, high clearance will run circles around what ( I assume you are driving ). Joke plain and simple

You can text all you want but it doesn't change a thing.  You!  haha. ... I know you don't have a clue... 

Buying one of these in Thailand is like buying a 200K watch. Actually a 200K watch would hold it's value better and show more sense... 

Edited by Gknrd

2 hours ago, Cricky said:

He was in the soi Buakhao traffic jam the other day, what a shame, that beautiful car spending 30 minutes at a crawl.

Guy's that buy these kind of cars definitely have more money than cents...  They are basically worthless.

11 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Anyone living in Thailand knows this guy doesn't have a clue. 

Dumb comment... Only those who know this guy could pass such judgment. You don’t know him, you just don’t understand his choice so think you know something about him and draw unsubstantiated stupid opinions. 

Just another guy that thinks he knows Thailand.. haha

Looked in the mirror ?

You don't know what you are talking about plain and simple. 

But, keep on driving.   haha

Au contrare - you are still unable to answer the question... On which roads have you been that are unable take a Porsche 911 (I’m not talking farm tracks obviously)... the car is perfectly adequate for Thailand. 

Personally anyone driving this kind of care here is not to bright.. 

I'd question the brightness of someone passing such judgement on a person based on a single facet of their life.... If you judge someones intelligence by the car they drive it is you is clearly struggling on an intellectual level. 

actually the cheapest Vigo or Ford or what ever would do a better job. With less headaches.  

No it wouldn’t, trucks (pickups) are horrible to drive, poor breaks, poor suspension... they are purchased by people either for the convenience of lugging stuff about or because they can’t afford a proper car.... Or, perhaps just because they like trucks... thats the thing about free choice, it doesn’t matter and I won’t judge anyone if they prefer a truck. 

And would drive circles around the OP's car... Or if you are driving one your car.  

You think a Vigo or a Ford would drive circles around a Porsche ??  :cheesy:....  so would a tractor in a field !!!

Not sure what you drive. Show us a pic.  

Utterly irrelevant... 

Extremely limited where you can drive these cars,  If you get out of the city you are in big trouble..

Extremely limited ???...  

Show me a major highway between any city on which a Porsche 911 is unable to comfortably drive...  

Show many any paved road provincial road on which a Porsche 911 is unable to comfortably drive...  

There are few roads in Thailand that would cause this type of car a problem....  and on those roads which might, they’d also cause many regular family sedans the same problem. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Dumb comment... Only those who know this guy could pass such judgment. You don’t know him, you just don’t understand his choice so think you know something about him and draw unsubstantiated stupid opinions. 

Looked in the mirror ?

Au contrare - you are still unable to answer the question... On which roads have you been that are unable take a Porsche 911 (I’m not talking farm tracks obviously)... the car is perfectly adequate for Thailand. 

I'd question the brightness of someone passing such judgement on a person based on a single facet of their life.... If you judge someones intelligence by the car they drive it is you is clearly struggling on an intellectual level. 

No it wouldn’t, trucks (pickups) are horrible to drive, poor breaks, poor suspension... they are purchased by people either for the convenience of lugging stuff about or because they can’t afford a proper car.... Or, perhaps just because they like trucks... thats the thing about free choice, it doesn’t matter and I won’t judge anyone if they prefer a truck. 

You think a Vigo or a Ford would drive circles around a Porsche ??  :cheesy:....  so would a tractor in a field !!!

Utterly irrelevant... 

Extremely limited ???...  

Show me a major highway between any city on which a Porsche 911 is unable to comfortably drive...  

Show many any paved road provincial road on which a Porsche 911 is unable to comfortably drive...  

There are few roads in Thailand that would cause this type of car a problem....  and on those roads which might, they’d also cause many regular family sedans the same problem. 

Haven't said anything worth responding to. You don't have a clue or just drive to the restaurant to impress people. You just don't know what you are talking about.. I don't know what to say.. Anyone that has driven Thailand much knows how worthless these kind of cars are.. 

Happy trails..haha

Edited by Gknrd

6 minutes ago, Gknrd said:
2 hours ago, Cricky said:

Guy's that buy these kind of cars definitely have more money than cents...  They are basically worthless.

An Audi R8 is worthless ???.....   thats a strange statement to make....

Guys that Buy these sort of cars have made more money than most... some get jealous and throw around stupid accusations in some ridiculous and flawed attempt to makes themselves feel less inferior !!!