Authentic American Diner in Pattaya - Tigglebitties

Social Media

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

They have the Best Mexican Food in Pattaya....No BS folks it's very very good..

https://www.hotmeals2u.com/

Well it's American style Mexican but I do love their Super Burritos with steak but suggest adding avocado at home. Also on Fridays they have a special with shredded pork. Hotmeals is related to Tigglebitties but delivery only. They use their own drivers and free delivery for over 200 baht orders. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Well it's American style Mexican but I do love their Super Burritos with steak but suggest adding avocado at home. Also on Fridays they have a special with shredded pork. Hotmeals is related to Tigglebitties but delivery only. They use their own drivers and free delivery for over 200 baht orders. 

The Burrito is the main thing I order most of the time...

The carrot cake is pretty good...

The refried beans are pretty good..

The coleslaw is decent...

The pricing is not cheap but even a cheap charlie like me thinks it's good value for the money...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Why would I ever want them to deliver to me any American cuisine? I cook myself thanks, I don't need delivered food, especially that type.  

Hey at least order once before you have the right to call it garbage...

Mex, Tex mex, Pattaya mex   who cares......The Mexican food is top-notch...And I used to live in Texas so I know Mexican food... I have had plenty...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Hey at least order once before you have the right to call it garbage...

Mex, Tex mex, Pattaya mex   who cares......The Mexican food is top-notch...And I used to live in Texas so I know Mexican food... I have had plenty...

It's as good as can be expected in Thailand. I am a regular for their steak  super burritos. When I get the Friday Shredded pork I ask for Ranchero sauce on the side and add tortilla chips  I also order their unbreaded chicken Parm with spag bolognese, BBQ chicken mondays with coleslaw and refried beans, and their chicken tortilla soup which I majorly pimp up at home.

Occasionally they have very special specials such as

Tamales platter

Turkey with all the trimmings baguette!

French dip roast beef sandwich 

Unfortunately I don't like their tacos much but the Fried fish ones are ok I guess.

They do not have authentic flavor salsas.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

Lots wrong with your reply.  Where did I say it was garbage?  Each to his own taste.  Since when is Mexican food American?  Have the US appropriated their excellent cuisine too?  From the ads I see on the NFL game nights, ( and the ads are almost exclusively about food, or trucks, or using your truck to get food) its all about sugar, syrup, burgers, fries, wedges, massive calorie meals, unnecessarily large portions and absolutely no style/subtlety whatsoever.  But maybe I'm mistaken? 

Much of the US used to be Mexico. 

The US has its own regional styles of Mexican food that aren't served in Mexico except maybe at gringo tourist traps.

Regulars what do you think is missing on their menu?

For me

Mac and cheese

I really don't understand why they don’t do that. It would be a best seller.

Collard greens

Grits

Hush puppies

Sweet potatoes 

New England clam chowder

Real southern fried chicken not fast food style 

Chicago style Italian beef sandwiches

Edited by Jingthing

Pimped up chicken tortilla soup recipe.

Order with a side of refried beans which includes sour cream. Also order 2 corn tortillas.

If soup isn't hot enough to melt cheese, nuke it.

Put base soup into large bowl including the tortilla strips, cilantro and cheese.

Add Thai chili powder and Bottled Chipotle hot sauce to taste.

Stir well.

Add warmed up sliced poached chicken slices.

Add the cream that came with the beans.

Stir.

Top with a generous amount of sliced avocados firm if possible.

Soup is ready and scoop up the beans with the tortillas.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Much of the US used to be Mexico. 

The US has its own regional styles of Mexican food that aren't served in Mexico except maybe at gringo tourist traps.

Thats what appropriation means. So do tell me, what is totally, uniquely American cuisine. and don't say Mexican, which is just that, Mexican? Am I wrong in thinking its burgers, ribs, fries, pancakes, donuts and syrup?  Its not a coincidence that McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, and Dunkin Donuts all come from the US. Hardly high end dining is it?  

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

The American diners I know are all run by Greeks... They may be making cheeseburgers, but they are thinking hummus. 

Sounds good to me, but I was led to believe that authentic American food is Italian? Certainty in Boston and California, . where I spend some time, that seemed to be the choice of most discerning people, but Greek or Mexican were joint second place.. 

37 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Sounds good to me, but I was led to believe that authentic American food is Italian? Certainty in Boston and California, . where I spend some time, that seemed to be the choice of most discerning people, but Greek or Mexican were joint second place.. 

Alot has to do with immigration patterns in different places.

The Greek owned diner thing is mostly northeast coast.

Hummus isn't Greek.

We'd never have New Orleans cuisine without the French influence

Italian whether decent or crappy is the most popular "ethnic" food nationally.

There are many many different styles including Italian American red sauce joints. Italian American can sometimes be very good regardless of what Italians think.

I grew up on such a place. Pops pizza. Eggplant Parm and stuffed manicotti to die for.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2