Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Her? She is one of many kids who is activists and have a voice, media people on her age  picked her to be their voice and media gave her room! Simple as that. 

Kids have been activists for years , remember "Swampy" the UK activist from the 1980's , he was saying the same thing as Greta , but as he wasnt a 16 year old sweetie , older guys didnt give him such adoration 

Swampy is last man standing at HS2 camp | News | The Times

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

She can read from a teleprompter to pre determined questions and have the answers written out for her when on a podium at a conference .

She was unable to answer questions herself

You really think that someone who has been asked awkward questions time and time again can't answer any questions herself.

Just now, stevenl said:

You really think that someone who has been asked awkward questions time and time again can't answer any questions herself.

Yes, I do think that she cannot answer questions herself .

Look at her speech above, she had to look down at the teleprompter after EVERY sentence and she has previously been unable to answer random questions when put on the spot

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Didnt you see the cameraman directing it ?

Telling the police to wait until they were ready for filming and all the filming crew  in the right location for the best shot  ?

Here's a link to the entire Reuters video. Is there another video?

https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/police-detain-greta-thunberg-at-german-c-id758406741?chan=8gwsyvzx

And no, I didn't see a cameraman directing. And how would you see that the person holding the camera is directing unless they were pointing it at themselves?  The police did hold her to pose for pictures after she was carried out. Does that mean she staged that? Or were the police responding to requests from reporters?

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Kids have been activists for years , remember "Swampy" the UK activist from the 1980's , he was saying the same thing as Greta , but as he wasnt a 16 year old sweetie , older guys didnt give him such adoration 

Swampy is last man standing at HS2 camp | News | The Times

Joan of Arc obviously touched something in Peoples Hearts as well Jesus, who can blaim them, and Im sure the more angry fathers, middle aged men and older, the more popular she will be, all thanks to all of you! Think about it how mechanisms like that works! 

Edited by Hummin

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Janne D arc obviously touched something in Peoples Hearts as well Jesus, who can blaim them, and Im sure the more angry fathers, middle aged men and older, the more popular she will be, all thanks to all of you! Think about it how mechanisms like that works! 

Yeah , kids trying to annoy grown ups for attention .

Kids who don't get enough attention deliberately misbehave to get the attention they require from the adults 

18 minutes ago, proton said:

Lets just remind ourselves of who she is, all emotion, anger and ignorance. Really showed off her mental problems when she started, has not improved much

Since the claims she cites are backed by climatologists and other scientists, I suggest you look for evidence of ignorance a lot closer to home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, I do think that she cannot answer questions herself .

Look at her speech above, she had to look down at the teleprompter after EVERY sentence and she has previously been unable to answer random questions when put on the spot

That was when she was 16 and no there is no teleprompter. Stop the false claims.

Kids who don't get enough attention deliberately misbehave to get the attention they require from the adults 

Once again you claim motivations which you have no way of proving. Just more of the same shameless character assassination.

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Joan of Arc obviously touched something in Peoples Hearts as well Jesus, who can blaim them, and Im sure the more angry fathers, middle aged men and older, the more popular she will be, all thanks to all of you! Think about it how mechanisms like that works! 

Comparing Greta to Joan of Arc and Jesus, really. Well we know what happened to them!

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Howey Ou, China's answer to Greta Thunberg. She had to leave China eventually because of the persecution from state authorities.

image.jpeg.852a07151d29948936d56ae36209174a.jpeg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/16/you-follow-the-governments-agenda-chinas-climate-activists-walk-a-tightrope

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Once again you claim motivations which you have no way of proving. Just more of the same shameless character assassination.

She has done pretty well at that without outside help

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That was when she was 16 and no there is no teleprompter. Stop the false claims.

She constantly looks down at notes or a teleprompter, no difference

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Comparing Greta to Joan of Arc and Jesus, really. Well we know what happened to them!

Whereas certain so-and-so's here on this forum merely engage in character assassination. Since the facts she popularizes are against you, I guess that's all they've got.

Edited by placeholder

Elvis Presley obviously annoyed and provoked the older generation as well to more religous? 

The problem is, shes right, thats the problem

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Yes we know, and it happens now! Because we know she is right, and truth is dangerous and truth mobilize the mob! 

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Whereas certain so-and-so's here on this forum merely engage in character assassination. Since the facts she popularizes are against you, I guess that's all they've got.

Facts, I don't think crazy conspiracy theories, emotional outbursts and lies constitute facts

Edited by proton

Just now, proton said:

Facts, I don't think crazy conspiracy theories, emotional outburtsts and lies constitute facts

I saw nothing in her speech that suggested conspiracy theories. She is far from the only person to make effective use of emotion when speaking. (In fact, given whom you support politically, it's clear you're being hypocritical here) and please point out the lies she has made.

I disagree with her that humans will soon be extinct 

How dare you steal her dreams, ???? well off to a Lamyai concert, will have to leave the Greta fan club to it, they do seem to have a rather unhealthy fascination with her.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It really doesn't matter whether its a teleprompter or a bit of paper that she was reading the speech from .

Point being she was reading someone else's speech , where she was reading from is irrelevant 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, proton said:

Facts, I don't think crazy conspiracy theories, emotional outbursts and lies constitute facts

Hilarious. "Crazy conspriracy theories" says the man who said "climate change is a hoax" (or words to that effect.

"Emotional Outbursts" says the man who has had a post deleted for calling her "retarded", who constantly calls her names, makes fun of her "mental problems". 

"Lies constitute facts" says the man who keeps spouting lies and conspiravy theory nonsense with no evidence to back himself up.  

Just keep calling her names and feeling good about yourself, it is a very sad sight to see a (I assume?) grown man behave in such a way towards a young girl. 

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I disagree with her that humans will soon be extinct 

Sooner or later we will be, and it have already started if you pay attention to the speed of biodiversity that dies and disapear right in front of us faster than anytime in our time. As and diver and professional fisherman, I have seen it! Everybody knows it! Insects on your front window and infront of your car, where have they gone the last 30 years? Where is the bee's? The rich bird life that used to be? Turtles, sharks, ? Tell me, where have they gone? Wild salomon, wild trout? 

Edited by Hummin

Just now, proton said:

How dare you steal her dreams, ???? well off to a Lamyai concert, will have to leave the Greta fan club to it, they do seem to have a rather unhealthy fascination with her.

Actually, the ones who have an unhealthy fascination with her are those who focus on her personality and motivations, rather than the substance of what she says. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, proton said:

She constantly looks down at notes or a teleprompter, no difference

A huge difference in claims made. Why do you think she was looking down at "her" notes while giving her speech? Do you think that's an unusual practice for public speaking? When I gave a speech at work to a group I would always have it to hand. It seems to me everyone who writes a speech does. 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

It really doesn't matter whether its a teleprompter or a bit of paper that she was reading the speech from .

Point being she was reading someone else's speech , where she was reading from is irrelevant 

lol, you keep making up these nonsensical claims. Link to the newest that it was somebody else's speech.........................