Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

How long ago? Did you also do environmental studies in school as they do now to review the evidence?

Well over half a century, with no environmental studies, I saw stuff with my own eyes, things are way better now in the UK....:clap2:

11 minutes ago, transam said:

I wonder if GT will mention that Yakutsk in Russia hit a new low, -62.7 degrees C this year.............................????

global warming can cause winters to be colder and more severe

https://www.greenmatters.com/weather-and-global-warming/does-global-warming-make-winter-colder

Climate change: Arctic warming linked to colder winters

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-58425526

global warming can cause winters to be colder and more severe

https://www.greenmatters.com/weather-and-global-warming/does-global-warming-make-winter-colder

Climate change: Arctic warming linked to colder winters

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-58425526

Yes, mother Earth doing what it wants, just ask the Dinosaurs........????

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Well over half a century, with no environmental studies, I saw stuff with my own eyes, things are way better now in the UK....:clap2:

Yours eyes missed the evidence. But then you’re not there to see

UK struggling to keep pace with climate change impacts
The UK is experiencing widespread changes in the climate; average land temperature has risen by around 1.2°C from pre-industrial levels, UK sea levels have risen by 16cm since 1900 and episodes of extreme heat are becoming more frequent. Since the CCC’s last assessment 5 years ago, over 570,000 new homes have been built that are not resilient to future high temperatures and since 2018 over 4,000 heat-related deaths have been recorded in England.

https://www.theccc.org.uk/2021/06/16/uk-struggling-to-keep-pace-with-climate-change-impacts/

Yours eyes missed the evidence. But then you’re not there to see

UK struggling to keep pace with climate change impacts
The UK is experiencing widespread changes in the climate; average land temperature has risen by around 1.2°C from pre-industrial levels, UK sea levels have risen by 16cm since 1900 and episodes of extreme heat are becoming more frequent. Since the CCC’s last assessment 5 years ago, over 570,000 new homes have been built that are not resilient to future high temperatures and since 2018 over 4,000 heat-related deaths have been recorded in England.

https://www.theccc.org.uk/2021/06/16/uk-struggling-to-keep-pace-with-climate-change-impacts/

That Earth is a real rascal, like I said, the Dinosaurs know all about it, and they never burned anything...........

The Ice Age came and went, how did that happen, Earth doing its thing.....????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

That Earth is a real rascal, like I said, the Dinosaurs know all about it, and they never burned anything...........

The Ice Age came and went, how did that happen, Earth doing its thing.....????

Yep earth doing its thing. now humans are doing their thing to the same earth but but don’t let that stop your human climate change ignorance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Forum rules require members to back up statements with links to approved credible sources.  Which I did. They don't require us to write essays for the benefits of less knowledgeable members.

Oh really, well you make a load of slagging off comments about me with no proof......:cowboy:

I can read that stuff all day, but we are chatting on a chat forum.

Now tell us about the Ice Age, which had nothing to do with mankind.....?

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Thought the asteroid thing was a guess. Now how about the Ice Age....?

Your belief is incorrect

https://www.livescience.com/dinosaur-killing-asteroid-struck-earth

As for the ice ages, think Milankovitch cycles

How Variations in Earth’s Orbit Triggered the Ice Ages

Researchers pinpoint how Milankovitch cycles have driven ice growth and influenced the timing of glacial periods.

https://eos.org/research-spotlights/how-variations-in-earths-orbit-triggered-the-ice-ages

1 minute ago, transam said:

Oh really, well you make a load of slagging off comments about me with no proof......:cowboy:

I can read that stuff all day, but we are chatting on a chat forum.

Now tell us about the Ice Age, which had nothing to do with mankind.....?

Maybe you should take up your problem with the mods. I'm offering easy access to information to back up what I say. There are plenty of other forums here which don't rule out uninformed chat. So you can get your social needs met there. Or join a knitting circle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Maybe you should take up your problem with the mods. I'm offering easy access to information to back up what I say. There are plenty of other forums here which don't rule out uninformed chat. So you can get your social needs met there. Or join a knitting circle.

You are not allowed to make reference to Moderation here, against forum rules, thought you knew that....

I belong to a many forums, but we are talking here......:cowboy:

Just now, transam said:

You are not allowed to make reference to Moderation here, against forum rules, thought you knew that....

2 minutes ago, transam said:

We are not allowed to judge moderation or moderators in an open forum. And as I've already the rules of this forum require that statements of alleged fact be backed up by links to credible approved sources. I've done that. And that's all I owe you. If you don't want to take the opportunity to educate yourself by following a link, there's nothing that I can do about that.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

We are not allowed to judge moderation or moderators in an open forum. And as I've already the rules of this forum require that statements of alleged fact be backed up by links to credible approved sources. I've done that. And that's all I owe you. If you don't want to take the opportunity to educate yourself by following a link, there's nothing that I can do about that.

There you go again, you want to educate......:cowboy:

Your Links just back up what you purport, one way street. I can read anything I want on the Net regarding any subject, and dismiss what I want, so stop all the 'must have a link for an opinion nonsense'..... ????

2 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Nothing. I would provide you a link, but I see that’s already been done and you’ve not bothered to read it so back to your own little world.

I know about the Dinosaur extinction, did it have anything to protest about.....?

38 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Appears the Greta detained in Germany subject has lost momentum.

Maybe a little input from a psychologist will help us understand what's going on inside her head.

Did he check before making his wild assumptions about Gretas mother. Greta's mother was an opera singer and never got involved with climate change activism, he bases his whole 2 mins of speculation on a lie.

What do you expect from an extreme right wing personality who got banned from twitter for his hate speech on transgenders.

Peterson’s secret sauce is to provide an academic veneer to a lot of old-school rightwing cant, including the notion that most academia is corrupt and evil, and banal self-help patter,” says Southey. “He’s very much a cult thing, in every regard. I think he’s a goof, which does not mean he’s not dangerous.”

A few choice quotes of his.

“The idea that women were oppressed throughout history is an appalling theory.” Islamophobia is “a word created by fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons”. White privilege is “a Marxist lie”. Believing that gender identity is subjective is “as bad as claiming that the world is flat”

Edited by Bkk Brian

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

An extremely biased right wing figure who decided that his status as a psychologist entitled him to pronounce authoritatively on climate change.

Scientists slam Joe Rogan’s podcast episode with Jordan Peterson as ‘absurd’ and ‘dangerous’

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/us/joe-rogan-jordan-peterson-climate-science-intl/index.html

"Right wing figure", what has that got to do wiv GT and his thoughts on a kid wiv a problem.....?  ????

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I provided a link to evidence on a approved credible source. You offer no evidence at all just an empty retort. You've got nothing.

Of right wing bias in the case of GT, you're 'avin a lefty laugh.....:crying:

43 minutes ago, placeholder said:

An extremely biased right wing figure who decided that his status as a psychologist entitled him to pronounce authoritatively on climate change.

Scientists slam Joe Rogan’s podcast episode with Jordan Peterson as ‘absurd’ and ‘dangerous’

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/us/joe-rogan-jordan-peterson-climate-science-intl/index.html

Another one labelled right wing just because some lefty's don't like what he says. His status as a highly intelligent and educated man entitles him to pronounce on climate change rather more than a schoolgirl with no real qualifications, like St Greta of celcius.

• Thanks 1