What are we not seeing.

yeahbutif

49 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve had loads of fun in the UK in my younger years and here...  BUT.. If you have massive character flaws, assume all women are hookers, if you don’t have character, don’t have game, look like a looser.... yeah, I can see why some may assume that ‘they always pay for it’.... 

I doubt you ever had much sex at any age (with another person in the room).

:clap2:....  erm ok... irrelevant attack taken on the chin !... 

Have you never wondered why women don’t want to be with you unless there is some financial gain ????

Perhaps you are right and thats the same for all men beyond a certain age, but your comments imply this is so for younger men...  I just never found the to be the case - at all. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Same, I paid for the house, food and all our family living expenses, my wife's pay, from being a teacher, was spent on herself and the kids. 

I'm now living that same life with a much younger Thai woman.

Same here but mine is from Myanmar. Life is good.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have you never wondered why women don’t want to be with you unless there is some financial gain ????

I'm not 'hansum', and even as a youngster was overweight, dull and nerdy.

20% of the men get 80% of the women, and I ain't in that 20%.

(I actually figure it's more like 5% get 95%)

You may be lucky enough to be in the minority desired by women, I never was.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In the west generally 3x dinner = 1x sex (maybe)

did you have an accountant keeping track of all your transactions?

if people are shallow (both men and women), then it's all about money for sex.

fact is, if you're a little bit deeper, there's more to relationships.

and not everyone is counting every transaction.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not 'hansum', and even as a youngster was overweight, dull and nerdy.

20% of the men get 80% of the women, and I ain't in that 20%.

(I actually figure it's more like 5% get 95%)

You may be lucky enough to be in the minority desired by women, I never was.

That 20% / 80% thing has been doing the rounds on social media for the past few months... 

I guess people relate to it...  

The suggestion is: The top 20% of men attract 80% of the women leaving 80% of men to fight over the remaining 20% of women.

I think all that top 20% requires is to be reasonably tall, be in decent shape, have a decent smile and a comfortable confidence around females...  

If I ever was in the minority desired by women, I’m certainly not now...  in my 40’s grey hair, swapped the swimmers physique for a beer drinkers...  Wife seems into me still though, so thats a good thing... She even picks up the dinner tab sometimes but then I feel there is some expectation to give her a knee-trembler !!...  :cheesy:

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 7:50 PM, BangkokReady said:

Given the circumstances, and the fact that she came onto him, the gut feeling is that she isn't simply looking for a hook-up with an elderly man.  Probably hoping something long-term (but not too long-term, given the age), that will result in her inheriting whatever assets he has left.

I'm not saying that this is the case for the OP's mate, but......

I am a 69 year-old retiree. I am financially secure by western standards, very comfortable by Thai standards. I have never been married or had children - when I pop my clogs I have no benefactors.

I am not looking for a woman to "take care", but if I was then I accept that there are many here that would happily do that in return for a comfortable life and maybe a sizable bonus in a few years time and I would have absolutely no problem with that.

Many street-wise Thai girls (or women) that hang around in the farang areas know that there are thousands of guys like me and these mutually beneficial hook-ups happen all the time. And there's a good chance that the guy will treat her with more kindness and respect than many of the younger, more "eligible" guys that she has met in the past - some of us "mature" guys also still in decent shape and have a good understanding of a woman's physical desires.

I'm saying all of this from personal experience, not from picking up "stories" on here - but I accept that I do tend to meet a certain type of woman.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

BritMan alter ego ???....  Perhaps you always paid for it... 

I’ve had loads of fun in the UK in my younger years and here...  BUT.. If you have massive character flaws, assume all women are hookers, if you don’t have character, don’t have game, look like a looser.... yeah, I can see why some may assume that ‘they always pay for it’.... 

They are. 

So do you.

Real character comes when inflated ego allows admitting  and accepting it. ????

58 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

I am not looking for a woman to "take care", but if I was then I accept that there are many here that would happily do that in return for a comfortable life and maybe a sizable bonus in a few years time and I would have absolutely no problem with that.

I have no problem with it either.  As long as both parties know what they're getting into and keep up their end of the deal, no one can really judge that.  Some may cast aspersions on it, but often this is simply sour grapes.

Most "Western relationships", where people pretend it's all about love and personality, would likely not have happened had the man not been in a position to provide something to the woman and the woman not been physically attractive to the man.  And often these "love based" relationship collapse where one of the parties no longer provide what they initially did, while the other party still feels they can find that elsewhere.

• Like 1