Agent claims Immigration want to see 800k in bank book plus letter to transfer retirement extension to new passport.

I just did a simple tourist visa transfer into a new Passport about two months ago. What a headache.  Thailand is the worst place I have ever visited hands down.

Went threw Laos did the paperwork for a two month visa, that was a hassle but doable.

Applied for a new US Passport threw the mail.. Perfect no problems with the US embassy.

Was in Khon Kean and went to the immigration office there to transfer the visa... NOPE, have to go back to the original office in Nong Khai, Had to travel back to the office where the visa was issued. 

When there . I had both the new Passport and the old one with the stamp. And I was talking to the same lady that gave me the visa. She said NOPE, I had to have a letter from the US embassy stating I was who I said I was and the visa was just issued...  Hahahaha,,  

Took me three weeks for a new Passport, and three weeks for the tourist visa transfer...  

To top it off I had all the paperwork I had filled out for my new passport and the paperwork when the new visa arrived... NOPE  

Thailand joke of the day.

Edited by garyk

14 minutes ago, mokwit said:

For those who transferred stamps, what was required for new passport 90 day report? New TM 30?

There is no requirement to do new reports. Just move the receipts for them to the new passport.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to do new reports. Just move the receipts for them to the new passport.

Joe, I meant when the next one comes due with new passport number. What paperwork is required to do the report with a new passport number - I can't imagine "none".

Edited by mokwit

9 hours ago, mokwit said:

Joe, I meant when the next one comes due with new passport number. What paperwork is required to do the report with a new passport number - I can't imagine "none".

None.

But you have to go in person.  The first 90days report with your new passport cannot be done online.

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 7:07 AM, rwill said:

I had my stamps transfered about 3 months ago.  I did it in person.  All I needed were the old and new passports and the letter from the embassy.

I had exactly the same experience, in person, at CW recently. Old and new passports and embassy letter were all that were needed. I have never once used an agent in over 40 hassle-free years.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 6:36 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I doubt Jomtien will do such checks as they will lose a lot of money

Jomtien motto is anything is possible..

For a price...

25k will get a non 0 90 and 1 year extension. 

NO money in bank.

Just ask at front desk...555

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

I had exactly the same experience, in person, at CW recently. Old and new passports and embassy letter were all that were needed. I have never once used an agent in over 40 hassle-free years.

If you had done it in the last 3 weeks on a retirement extension it seems you would have been required to submit a bank book showing 400/800k (and copies) updated on the day.

Edited by mokwit

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

If you had done it in the last 3 weeks on a retirement extension it seems you would have been required to submit a bank book showing 400/800k (and copies) updated on the day.

Believe that has only been reported if you have retirement one year extension of stay based on bank deposit.

On 1/28/2023 at 8:12 AM, mokwit said:

Another question: Can you do a 90 day report with old and new passport but without the stamps transferred to the new passport? Anybody done this?

You could probably do a 90-day report online or by snail mail on the basis of the old passport. If doing it in person, though, your immigration office would probably insist on doing the stamps transfer first.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:34 AM, NanLaew said:

Current turnaround time has been reported as much as twelve weeks. Three months may be cutting it fine so I would go for four months or sixteen weeks.

FYI, took mine in on 23rd Dec., got it back 16th Jan. Quite impressed, given the number of holidays involved (at the UK end).