RTP: why?

Lorente

Few days ago I opened a topic about the fact that, probably, I got scammed for 2000 Thailand bath and most of the answers said to forget what happened and there is no reason to lose time report the matter at a local station.

In these days I met few people that, for a reason or another, got scammed as well. Some for 4000 THB, some for 2000 THB, some for 5000 THB: never big amounts, but they lose money. And even they reported their personal matters, nothing happened. One of them was something related to a SHAplus hotel during the COVID period, back in 2020. So my question is, even if stupid: they will never take action for small amount of money?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Go to the police and (try to) report it and let us know.

I guess most of us just assume the police won't do anything and most of us wouldn't want to waste their time because of 2000B. 

But it seems for you it's important. Go for it! And please report here what happened. 

As I wrote in the original post, he returned me 1000, so half of the deposit. Should I be happy and leave the matter or try to go on and report for the remaining 1000?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lorente said:

So my question is, even if stupid: they will never take action for small amount of money?

Let´s say like this. My wife got scammed for 26 000 baht. She reported to police and even online on Computer crime division. Got a lot of people to talk to. They have talked 1 time per month for over a year, and nothing more happed from the start of application. ????

I guess you have your answer. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Let´s say like this. My wife got scammed for 26 000 baht. She reported to police and even online on Computer crime division. Got a lot of people to talk to. They have talked 1 time per month for over a year, and nothing more happed from the start of application. ????

I guess you have your answer. 

So she never got her money back?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Lorente said:

I give you the doubt you take joke of me. But I understand.????

I am dead serious.

After reading all the replies prior to that point, you asked the serious question whether you should report the matter to the police. Therefore, I am convinced that if you do not report it you will, for the rest of your life, be haunted by the question if you did the right thing.

• Like 1

One has to understand that local police operate as a kind of security service, if you try to get their services for free it is highly unlikely they'll do anything. I have some kind of "red box" subscription, and pay some subsidies to their various social events. Costs me about 1000 Baht a month, very useful so far.

6 hours ago, Lorente said:

Should I be happy and leave the matter or try to go on and report for the remaining 1000?

Maybe you should start a survey in this forum about this important matter.

I vote you should go to the police and report here what they say. Or better, ask them if you can record it all on video.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I vote you should go to the police and report here what they say. Or better, ask them if you can record it all on video.

Ok. Now i sure you are ironic.

1 hour ago, Lorente said:
1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok. Now i sure you are ironic.

Don't know about "ironic" but he sure is sarcastic.

8 hours ago, Lorente said:

As I wrote in the original post, he returned me 1000, so half of the deposit. Should I be happy and leave the matter or try to go on and report for the remaining 1000?

If it was a deposit, I think you rented something. In this case you can contact the consumer protection board. They have also free lawyers if they take your case.

In Pattaya they have a office in the City Hall opposite of Lotus North-Pattaya. Other offices you can find on their website:

https://www.ocpb.go.th/ewtadmin/ewt/ocpb_en/main.php?filename=index___EN

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, snowgard said:

If it was a deposit, I think you rented something. In this case you can contact the consumer protection board. They have also free lawyers if they take your case.

In Pattaya they have a office in the City Hall opposite of Lotus North-Pattaya. Other offices you can find on their website:

https://www.ocpb.go.th/ewtadmin/ewt/ocpb_en/main.php?filename=index___EN

Probably motorbike 

The police should only register cases filed by victims. You need to take you case to an applicable tribunal and have the facts adjudicated legally. The police become involved when they should just shut up and mind their own business and stick to their police mandate. Typically the police are skimming a fee to act as an Intermediary in disputes for which they have no real powers and they do this because many people do not understand the law and are afraid to involve lawyers or judges in case it costs them more.

Edited by metisdead
Extra spacing removed.