Chinese tourist left bloodied after falling down broken drain cover at well known tourism site

webfact

image.jpeg

Naewna Thai caption: Charming! Chinese tourist bloodied after falling down broken drain cover

Naew Na reported on a nasty injury that drew blood after a female Chinese tourist fell down a faulty drain cover in a tourism area.

Residents said the busted cover had been in a dangerous condition for ages despite their protestations.

Now the authorities have finally acted.

The incident had featured on a news post containing the phrase "Amazing Samut Prakan".

image.jpeg

Picture: Naew Na 

It happened on the footpath of Sukhumvit Road in the area of the tourist attract of Muang Boran - the ancient city. 

The older lady in a still photo would remember that for a long time about Thailand, continued the post. 

Naew Na went to Ban Pu Mai sub-district and found the offending cover had been blocked off with cones by locals.

But later after the incident threatened to further damage Thailand's tourism industry a team of workers were pictured doing repairs.

People can call the Highways Department on 1586, 24/7, to report such things.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

They are sending satellites into space , while people are falling into holes in the

pavements, need to look at priorities 

regards worgeordie

There are also black holes in space

• Like 2

There don`t seem to be hardly any pavements / sidewalks for pedestrians except maybe in the main tourist zones . Maybe it`s because Thais never walk anywhere unless they absolutely have to .

Any space at the side of the road is either taken up by shop fronts or used to park bikes and cars .

• Like 2

In all my visits to Thailand over the last 30 years, I have always walked around the drain covers,

as most of them look like they would collapse if I stepped on them. I use that caution in most places that do not have

the proper steel covers like they have in North America, and some other parts of the world.

On 1/28/2023 at 1:08 AM, Stargeezr said:

In all my visits to Thailand over the last 30 years, I have always walked around the drain covers,

So do I. But the sidewalk around them tends to crumble as well. Sometimes you need to jump over them.