Hotels struggle to attract quality staff as tourism recovers

webfact

21 hours ago, Ajarnbrian said:

Do hotels that laid off their loyal staff really expect them to sit and wait until called back to work years later? People move on so to attract staff hotels need to pay more and provide the training, as needed. Haven’t hotel managers been doing this?

Hotel managers and supermarket managers in Thailand think its their job to sit in an office and dress nice.

They feel it is beneath their status to involve themselves in the mundane aspects of their job!

10 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Hotel managers and supermarket managers in Thailand think its their job to sit in an office and dress nice.

They feel it is beneath their status to involve themselves in the mundane aspects of their job!

Unlike car dealership and bank managers whose offices always appear to be empty.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

A friend of mine, now an elderly Thai lady that had three restaurants in Northern England said that to me a long time ago.

She hailed from Korat and said ' The problem with most Thais in the labour force, is that they have no work ethic '  Those were her exact words.

I must be psychic!  Most Thais would not last a week in a European job; exhaustion would set in.  My company hired a security guard for night duty who turned up for 'work' first time with his own duvet & pillow.  When it was pointed out he would not be paid to sleep, he quit immediately!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

I must be psychic!  Most Thais would not last a week in a European job; exhaustion would set in.  My company hired a security guard for night duty who turned up for 'work' first time with his own duvet & pillow.  When it was pointed out he would not be paid to sleep, he quit immediately!

I had a landlord pal who brought over his Thai lady and she worked very well in the bar... off she went with one of the wealthier customers.... never stopped working!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1