Yet Another Lazada story !

CharlieH

27 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Shopped with them for years, seen many different twists and turns and of course read them on the forum.

Heres a new one, on me atleast.

Order the item, and the first hing that wasnt apparent on the Ad was the seller was doing his own delivery ? This usually indicates from China, but this was listed as Bangkok.

I had the same issue after about 10 days I tried to cancel the order - could not - then I messaged the supplier saying I thought they were not in Thailand but China - next day the order was cancelled! Spoke with Lazada about this and my suspicions person I spoke with said "do you have any proof" HA HA

I have had several issues with Lazada recently including them not moving money from wallet to my bank in a timely fashion.

Edited by Negita43

Kind of why I deleted the Shopee app - I ordered from a Thai company, who then drop shipped from China, when the wrong size appeared, the seller refused any return as “it was ordered from China” and Shopee wouldn’t do a thing because the warranty time had expired.

Now I’m the proud owner of an under armor wind break perfect fit but the sleeves are two inches too short. 

Every seller thinks they are cleverer than the customer these days.

Edited by recom273
  • Thumbs Up 1

i dont know the same thing or not but this is what happened to me about 2 weeks ago:

i ordered dart arrows for my dart board. it was seriously cheaper than it should be. normally its around 1500s but this one was 480 baht I had a bad feeling but i saw some good comments. of course cash on delivery. I would never buy before delivery. and first time i noticed (im using lazada a lot) the delivery was the seller was doing his own delivery. ok.. interesting. And yes, from China.

so the next day it was packed. great.. well 1 week passed and it was still packed. so i send a message and asked him when hes planning to send it. no answer.. 2 weeks passed and still packed. well i gave up so didnt care anymore. i would say 16th day it said rejected from the customs.. the seller messaged me in 1 hour and asked me if i cancelled the order. and i told him was not me i can see the reason, customs. then he said customs cancelled it because its 'sharp item' at that time it sounded right to me. then he told me i can asked for refund, i said its ok. that was it..

after a day, i was thinking what was that?! i mean there are many many items can pass the customs.. dart arrows cannot?! when i think now it sounds not real. also how come the seller doesnt know i paid cash or cash on delivery? they cannot see the payment? Also why he kept as 'packed' like 2 weeks?!

well first time happened to me. next time when im buying i will check the delivery method. 

PS: im aware the covid situation in china and saw many things on TV about the delivery problems in china

1 minute ago, recom273 said:

Every seller thinks they are cleverer than the customer these days.

And consumer protection laws are not very strong and the online marketplaces don't care about 1 individual because there are so many other suckers out there.

But you have to take care. I ordered COD last month a lady leather wallet. It was still "Packed" on Lazada as it arrived and my wife paid it. 

When she openend the pack a cheap 20 THB glass bottle was inside. We contacted Lazada and they said they can't do something because it is not shipped. So we contacted the courier and they stoped the payout to the seller, proofed our statement  and next day we got out money back.

On the next day the shop was closed on Lazada.

If you order something on Lazada and it is still on status "Packed" and not shipped, but it is delivered already to you, don't accept it. You can't get your money back from Lazada if something is wrong or damaged, because Lazada not get your money. On Lazada it is only packed and after 7 days it will be "Cancelled". 
The courier payout the COD direct to the shop.

Slightly off topic but I have had money stuck in my wallet for several weeks even after asking for it to be transferred to my bank and after having supplied the relavent documentation. Called them over a week ago they apologised and said it would be transfered - nothing - in the meantime another refund has gone into the wallet called them again today another apology and a promise that all of it would be in my account in 2 business days - We'll see!

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That seems unlikely as Lazada would never get their cut.

On Lazada it is "Packed" but not "Shipped". So Lazada is not involved. The shop use his own courier & Lazada don't know it. If you have than problems, than it's your fault. Lazada can't help you. You only can report it to Lazada, but it's up to them to close this shop or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, snowgard said:

On Lazada it is "Packed" but not "Shipped". So Lazada is not involved. The shop use his own courier & Lazada don't know it. If you have than problems, than it's your fault. Lazada can't help you. You only can report it to Lazada, but it's up to them to close this shop or not.

Obviously, I wouldn't pay for a random COD delivery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Me Too!

Seller own fleet, packed for a week, China of course.

I have had many orders like this. Often it is marked as packed, with no further shipping information. Then the order is delivered normally…. I have learnt to chill and be patient! 

• Like 1

It is not just a random COD delivery. You ordered something on Lazada and when it is delivered you have to pay the exact price of the Lazada order. So the first thingking is: Oh, that's fast. You know you ordered something for this price. I recconised  first later when I wanted to start a return that on Lazada it is still on status "Packed".

Do you look every day inside that the item is shipped? Me not. But now I check it before I pay.

Just now, G Rex said:

I have had many orders like this. Often it is marked as packed, with no further shipping information. Then the order is delivered normally…. I have learnt to chill and be patient! 

Yes BUT the reason I ordered from this supplier is that they claimed to be in Thailand. I could have bought it cheaper from China BUT it was about to be Chinese new year and all that means order processing. It is misleading to say the least to claim to be in Thailand when the order will be shipped from China.

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

i dont know the same thing or not but this is what happened to me about 2 weeks ago:

i ordered dart arrows for my dart board. it was seriously cheaper than it should be. normally its around 1500s but this one was 480 baht I had a bad feeling but i saw some good comments. of course cash on delivery. I would never buy before delivery. and first time i noticed (im using lazada a lot) the delivery was the seller was doing his own delivery. ok.. interesting. And yes, from China.

so the next day it was packed. great.. well 1 week passed and it was still packed. so i send a message and asked him when hes planning to send it. no answer.. 2 weeks passed and still packed. well i gave up so didnt care anymore. i would say 16th day it said rejected from the customs.. the seller messaged me in 1 hour and asked me if i cancelled the order. and i told him was not me i can see the reason, customs. then he said customs cancelled it because its 'sharp item' at that time it sounded right to me. then he told me i can asked for refund, i said its ok. that was it..

after a day, i was thinking what was that?! i mean there are many many items can pass the customs.. dart arrows cannot?! when i think now it sounds not real. also how come the seller doesnt know i paid cash or cash on delivery? they cannot see the payment? Also why he kept as 'packed' like 2 weeks?!

well first time happened to me. next time when im buying i will check the delivery method. 

PS: im aware the covid situation in china and saw many things on TV about the delivery problems in china

No covid problems in China affecting shipping.  I ordered several items over the past month, shipped from China.

When orders were accepted, was given a 1-1/2 to 2-week delivery window.   By the next day it was packed, following day picked up by a Chinese delivery service (cainiao) and sent to China customs.  Clearance took two days, next day air shipped to Bangkok, two days customs, and two days later delivered.

Delivery is by Kerry or Flash or Ninja.  You can follow the progress on your orders page.

2 hours ago, Negita43 said:

And consumer protection laws are not very strong and the online marketplaces don't care about 1 individual because there are so many other suckers out there.

I think it’s a common misconception that consumer protection laws are not in place - because I gather there are some.

But like, half the battle we had was trying to speak to a real person at Shopee, when we did get in contact with someone at Shopee, she ran rings around us, “it was out of warantee” she said, I countered with “the size chart was wrong” “It’s fake” - she had an answer to it all.

It’s not just Shopee, try making a complaint to your bank, virtually impossible to get an acceptable conclusion. 

Happens quite a lot for shops to do that but they lose rating very fast and then usually close shop. As a shop owner myself (with my wife) as well one as a business, I notice there is no issue with the better ones if you chat to them upfront too.

It is often those with no loyalty for existing shop owners, to go shopping at one of the little cheaper ones, with that as a result. You get just as many bad experiences if buying cheap stuff in europe from aliexpress.

Also if you look at how much is being bought on lazada, the complaint amount is a joke. Not understand the posts here, could post about 100 things daily in that case.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I reckon they sell , get money, then order it in from China.

You reckon wrong, you don't get money on Lazada until delivery is complete. I am not doing the finances, but we used to get it about every 10 days. Shopee faster.

However some very 'little ghosts' have little cashflow, and order it when sold one, so yes, it is likely they don't have their own stock but they still have to finance your order first.

Their rating will drop as a result so usually they are gone within 3-6 months.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, recom273 said:

It’s not just Shopee, try making a complaint to your bank, virtually impossible to get an acceptable conclusion. 

I complaint about multiple 500-2000 baht withdrawals on my card, i did not notice until the big hit of 30K + happened. I called kasikornbank right away, had the money back 9 days later.

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

I pay as much attention now to the Ship on Time score as I do the Seller Rating..

You should, we had many returning and long-term customers for our fast shipping + decent boxes / no damages. They did pay 50-100 baht more with us.

1 hour ago, proton said:

That's how most of these digital nomad drop shippers work though surely?

You can't do dropshipping on Lazada or Shopee, only Chinese can do that. And yes, that is unfair competition.

Thais can also not sell on Vietnam etc for example, but Chinese can. So support your locals and pay a little bit more for something that is here already.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

13 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I complaint about multiple 500-2000 baht withdrawals on my card, i did not notice until the big hit of 30K + happened. I called kasikornbank right away, had the money back 9 days later.

I had 99B taken multiple times from my virtual shopping card that’s only registered Lazada and was a continuing occurrence, the bank we fine to refund, often within mins but couldn’t provide a new virtual shopping card for high would have been the best solution, told me multiple dates when they would be available, made so many excuses why and when, blamed the IT dept. and then after a year removed the virtual shopping card completely. Yeah, sure they pay up but that’s not always answering a complaint. 

12 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I had 99B taken multiple times from my virtual shopping card that’s only registered Lazada and was a continuing occurrence, the bank we fine to refund, often within mins but couldn’t provide a new virtual shopping card for high would have been the best solution, told me multiple dates when they would be available, made so many excuses why and when, blamed the IT dept. and then after a year removed the virtual shopping card completely. Yeah, sure they pay up but that’s not always answering a complaint. 

Sounds more like you make things insane complicated while there are 10 alternative and better solutions for that.