US military shoots down fourth flying object over North America

Social Media

The US has shot down another unidentified flying object in the fourth military operation of its kind this month.

President Joe Biden ordered it to be downed near Lake Huron, close to the Canadian border, on Sunday afternoon.

The object could have interfered with commercial air traffic as it was traveling at 20,000ft (6,100m), a Pentagon statement said.

It was first detected above military sites in Montana on Saturday, it added.

The object, which was not deemed a military threat, has been described by defence officials as an unmanned "octagonal structure" with strings attached to it. It was downed by a missile fired from an F-16 fighter jet at 14:42 local time (19:42 GMT).

The incident raises further questions about the spate of high-altitude objects that have been shot down over North America this month.

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hope they can soon provide a clue about the nature of these UFOs.
Some people seem to get nervous and ask about UFO and extraterrestrial.

The loons maybe imo it’s weather/intelligence/ snooping platforms a definite no no for a foreign power to be doing they allready have capability’s to assure themselves via satellite as to our status this is definitely a bit in your face that beeing said it’s not smart to stand there and poke the USA in the eye hopefully it will all (blow over) without anyone getting hurt or worse

Whoa hold on.  I know this can't be true. 

The news media and several posts on this forum said that Biden had consulted with his military adviser on the first Chinese balloon and determined it was TOO RISKY to shoot it down over areas like Alaska, Canada, or Montana.  Also they had to let it travel 3,700 kilometers to dunk in in the ocean rather than perforating the balloon with small holes to let it make a gentle descent on to land because retrieving that balloon on the open ocean hoping it doesn't sink gave a better chance of recovery. 

So this obviously can't be true. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

The news media and several posts on this forum said that Biden had consulted with his military adviser on the first Chinese balloon and determined it was TOO RISKY to shoot it down over areas like Alaska, Canada, or Montana.  Also they had to let it travel 3,700 kilometers to dunk in in the ocean rather than perforating the balloon with small holes to let it make a gentle descent on to land because retrieving that balloon on the open ocean hoping it doesn't sink gave a better chance of recovery. 

Ever try to poke a hole in an inflated balloon?at 60,000 feet?the pressure differential would make it pop obviously ???? 

12 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

So, a few holes and it gently lands?  Where?  On top of cars driving down the road?  Maybe on a hospital?  Maybe it could take down some major power lines before 'gently' landing.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Are you trolling?

Or do you not understand the difference between shooting down a balloon at 20,000 feet over lake Huron and shooting down a massive balloon carrying a payload the size of three buses at 60,000 feet over the US?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hope they can soon provide a clue about the nature of these UFOs.
Some people seem to get nervous and ask about UFO and extraterrestrial.

America has acknowledged 2 years ago in an official statement that there are in fact UFOs out there that perform aerial maneuvers that are impossible for anything man-made. So has France and the UK. Backed up by military radar, infrared and thermal video footage of them.

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

Where is all the nose camera footage of these objects. Has the American

military done away with the nose camera? Just wondering?

Don't think they have high res camera's? But they do have a  targeting pod that transmits images.

The full audio of the two F-16 fighter jet pilots is in this link, very interesting and detailed although the pilots are themselves very confused as to what the object actually is. Here's a few snippets:

“Looking outside it’s like a black-ish, I’m gonna call it like a container, can’t really tell though what the shape is,” one pilot says. “I’ve got a tone,” he adds, indicating that the AIM-9X locked on and that he has a “good track but can’t see through the glare of the cockpit.”

“The size of it, that would be challenging, it’s so slow and so small, I just can’t see it,” one of the pilots says. “Definitely smaller than a car,” is the judgment of one of the pilots.

Listen To F-16 Pilots Intercept The Octagon Object Over Lake Huron

The Viper pilots involved in the incident provide some insightful observations on the mysterious craft that was shot down.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/listen-to-f-16-pilots-intercept-the-octagon-object-over-lake-huron

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Credo said:

Well, it's a decision between risking lives and property and being difficult.  They have chosen difficult.  That's fine with me.   It's ludicrous to think that anyone can predict whether it will, indeed, 'gently' land.  Anyone who has been to or seen a balloon festival like the one held in New Mexico will know how unpredictable balloons are when they are out of control.  What do you think will happen when that 'gently landing' balloon gets tangled in high power transmission lines?

I was responding to your post that referred to "gently landing". My solution was previously posted, so no need to repeat it.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Majoree Taylor Greene already had her opinion of the Generals when presented the opportunity to get the questions right. As long as you have those Maga nuts in high profile committees rejecting expert intelligence briefing and contorting facts to downright denialism and misinformation, what's the point of talking to the Generals. 

https://original.newsbreak.com/@mecotips-1588490/2921221580338-mtg-yelled-profanities-and-acted-irrational-when-being-briefed-about-the-chinese-spy-balloon-report-says

I am talking about the old guy and his generals to give Americans more info on where the UFO'S came from the pictures in the pilots camera, where where they tracking them from, were they maned.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

I am talking about the old guy and his generals to give Americans more info on where the UFO'S came from the pictures in the pilots camera, where where they tracking them from, were they maned.

POTUS will follow protocol and take advice from his intelligence officials before making decision to release any information. That’s how a competent and discipline leader should act. No free wheeling and non consultative style of previous President. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

Uhhh you do understand that they are using air to air missiles to take these out that may or may not use visible means to acquire and hit a target?this isent ww2 or Korea now photographs from the flyby’s might be nice and when they will be shared with the public is up to the government 

6 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Just when are we going to learn Something? Biden doesn't know anything that he would share maybe someone should have a serious talk to the Generals on this matter and get them to open up. There are so many questions left unanswered. 

image.png.09de9895f2650b627136974b32375430.png

Washington Examiner

Maybe that's why you are not hearing much, Chinese censors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1