Anybody having issue with WISE Transfer to Bangkok Bank taking longer than usual?

22 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Wow really?  Like somebody grabbed your money?  Or they sent it to Taiwan instead of Thailand?  Sure lets make a big deal out of it, got nothing else to do.

If something did not go as expected, I would really like to know why and if anyone else is facing the same issue. This is the first time in the last two years that the money has not arrived as expected. I had plans for Monday.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

It has happened to me today as well.

I did not get the usual sms just after 2pm, so I checked my BBK account and it was not there.

I went to my Wise account and got this message

Updates
Details
We are unable to give you an update at the moment.

The details were there but no update.

I waited until about 5:30 pm and then rang the BBK call centre.

I used their for this click this number, then do this, then do this etc

I am sorry all our operators are busy, please hold, please hold, press 1 to stay on the line, press 1 to stay on the line, press 1 to stay on the line, etc.

After 23 minutes I managed to speak to a human who listened to my problem and put me on hold.

Eventually another human spoke to me after a total of 28 frustrating minutes and he could not sat anything other than the script he was reading from.

He needed to know my account number, my name, my address in which the zip code was different, my passport number, and he still could not or would not answer the simple question, are my offshore funds in BBK bank or not.

After 32 wasted minutes I simply hung up on him.

Luckily I was not connected to my blood pressure tester as it would have been right off the clock.

There is some sort of problem between Wise and BBK bank, but I am no wiser than I was before I started.

26 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Wow really?  Like somebody grabbed your money?  Or they sent it to Taiwan instead of Thailand?  Sure lets make a big deal out of it, got nothing else to do.

I don't think it is just his money, but everybody's money who was due payment today. And that could amount to many thousands of pounds.

4 minutes ago, sleepy99 said:

If something did not go as expected, I would really like to know why and if anyone else is facing the same issue. This is the first time in the last two years that the money has not arrived as expected. I had plans for Monday.

Like you I had plans for the rest of the week which will be delayed.

To be fair it is only the second time in 4 years for me.

I suspect that it is a glitch in the internet banking link.

The money is already in Thailand anyway but it seems to be the authorisation which is delayed.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't think it is just his money, but everybody's money who was due payment today. And that could amount to many thousands of pounds.

Thank you very much for sharing. Yes, this is exactly my situation. I have also called Bangkok Bank, but they said everything is normal on their end.

Apparently, this has to do with WISE itself. Have you gotten in touch with WISE support yet?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, sleepy99 said:

Thank you very much for sharing. Yes, this is exactly my situation. I have also called Bangkok Bank, but they said everything is normal on their end.

Apparently, this has to do with WISE itself. Have you gotten in touch with WISE support yet?

Not yet.

I have just sent them an email and to expect a reply in about 24 hours.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

Can those experiencing delays also mention whether they are being funded from a Wise balance or from a bank transfer, and from which country as that may help discover the root of the problem.  Also the amount involved if desired, or at least an indicator.

I experienced a couple of hours delay a few days ago on what would normally be expected as an almost instantaneous transfer.  Funded from a UK bank faster payment which Wise did not acknowledge receipt of for 2 hours when normally it's immediately acknowledged and the funds paid out to BBL within seconds.  Low value transfer (< 50,000 baht).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

Can those experiencing delays also mention whether they are being funded from a Wise balance or from a bank transfer, and from which country as that may help discover the root of the problem.  Also the amount involved if desired, or at least an indicator.

I experienced a couple of hours delay a few days ago on what would normally be expected as an almost instantaneous transfer.  Funded from a UK bank faster payment which Wise did not acknowledge receipt of for 2 hours when normally it's immediately acknowledged and the funds paid out to BBL within seconds.  Low value transfer (< 50,000 baht).

Mine was the first of 3 this month and was funded by my UK State pension.

AFAIK the transfer went through as normal on Friday evening Thai time and should have been in my BBK account around 2pm this afternoon.

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Not yet.

I have just sent them an email and to expect a reply in about 24 hours.

Thank you for sharing. I have yet to contact WISE support because I first spoke with Bangkok Bank about the issue. If you receive any updates from WISE support, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share them.

I usually make large transfers, which is why they are never processed instantly by Bangkok Bank and are limited to the 2 PM processing time each day.

Edited by sleepy99
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, sleepy99 said:

Thank you for your help. I have yet to contact WISE support because I first spoke with Bangkok Bank about the issue. If you receive any updates from WISE support, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share them.

I usually make large transfers, which is why they are never processed instantly by Bangkok Bank and are limited to the 2 PM processing time each day.

I will do that when I get a response.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Does it really matter where Wise get the money from, be it State Pension, property rental or sister's immoral earnings. If they have got your money, they should send it. 

A small bit of advice...if you know you will need the money on say Wednesday, send it on Monday.

Of course it doesn't matter to Wise but I was replying to a poster here.

Thank you for your advice but I have been using Wise and BBK since 2019 and I have made it work since then.

I know that when I do the transfer on a Friday evening Thai time it should be in my BBK account just after 2pm on Monday if the Monday is not a Thai bank holiday

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Mine was the first of 3 this month and was funded by my UK State pension.

AFAIK the transfer went through as normal on Friday evening Thai time and should have been in my BBK account around 2pm this afternoon.

Does this mean the the UK pension is sent to your Wise account and once you see it's there you initiate a transfer in THB to your Thai account, or does it come stright through to your Thai account?  Sorry, I'm not familiar with UK State pension via Wise payment procedures or options.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

Does this mean the the UK pension is sent to your Wise account and once you see it's there you initiate a transfer in THB to your Thai account, or does it come stright through to your Thai account?  Sorry, I'm not familiar with UK State pension via Wise payment procedures or options.

I do not think the DWP will pay in anything but GBP, and not much of it either!

You need to get a GBP cushion in your Wise GBP account, and convert to THB as and when you think 'the time (rate) is right'.

Then do your monthly transfer to your Thai bank, preferably one of their Partner banks, leaving time and money in advance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I do not think the DWP will pay in anything but GBP, and not much of it either!

You need to get a GBP cushion in your Wise GBP account, and convert to THB as and when you think 'the time (rate) is right'.

Then do your monthly transfer to your Thai bank, preferably one of their Partner banks, leaving time and money in advance. 

That's what I would have expected which would mean billd766 was actually financing his transfer from a Wise balance, different from my experience.  Next we would need to know whether the state pension got to Wise at the "usual" time or if it was delayed.

• Like 1

I also did not receive my weekly Monday BBL balance notification today.....my friend finally received one very late in the day.  These are normally received early Monday mornings.  

Perhaps not directly linked to the WISE transfer problem but that's two separate procedural aberrations for Bangkok Bank on the same day.  

• Thanks 1

I made a transfer last night from Wise account  to my BB account - I don't have on line banking & just assumed it was there today ??

I didn't check today but after reading this, I'll go & check my account in the next 30 minutes to see if it's there or not