I transferred 30K baht from my Wise UK account last night and it was in my BKK account just after 2pm this afternoon.

No problems other than the BBK bank haven't sent me an sms yet.

I did online banking and it was there.

Edited by billd766

As written in another thread my EUR (2k ~ 72k Baht) transfer from WISE account to Bangkok Bank took two days instead of one (Monday night to Wednesday afternoon). I got an email with an excuse but no reference to partner bank or the like.
Maybe next time I try my Kasikorn account.

1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:

Nice.  Seems most of the problems with WISE transfers are those destined for Bangkok Bank.  

Yes, I also have Bangkok Bank account, but when i transfer to that account via Wise, it always takes longer, so it would seem it is this end, with the bank, that the problem lies?

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, pontious said:

Just sent 10000 bht as tester from my balance -says 2.13m today. See if that happens or I get an email delaying it later.

Too late to edit - when I was doing  the form there was a red warning saying it would manually verifiy before sending - it did not delay it.

3 hours ago, pontious said:

Too late to edit - when I was doing  the form there was a red warning saying it would manually verifiy before sending - it did not delay it.

------No email saying sent - log on and no updates available -- why is a line on my text?

Edited by pontious

20 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Yes, I also have Bangkok Bank account, but when i transfer to that account via Wise, it always takes longer, so it would seem it is this end, with the bank, that the problem lies?

Any members ever used WISE to:

- Transfer funds from K Bank

- To a bank in Poland or Czech Republic?

WISE tell me they can do it but must be transferred with recipient currency showing as US$ (cannot be in Euros or local Polish etc., currencies). WISE say this is really not a problem, all banks can easily/quickly convert to local currency on arrival.

WISE say sender must quote a SWIFT code or IBAN code. (Without a SWIFT or IBAN code they cannot do the transfer.

WISE say it's possible the transaction could involve an intermediary bank therefore an extra SWIFT fee, probably around US$5-, which would be deducted from the final amount paid into the ultimate receiving account.

Any commenst appreciated, thanks.

6 hours ago, Gaccha said:

This type of complaining reminds me of Louis CK ridiculing people who complain about the miracle of the internet on an air flight over the Pacific when it briefly goes wrong.

"How quickly the world owes him something which he only knew existed about 10 seconds ago" - Louis CK

With your Wise transfer, you are experiencing a miracle of modern finance technology. And you are complaining because it is taking a little longer than a couple of seconds.

If you don't like it you can use the remarkably bad traditional system which will cost far more. Or use any of Wise's competitors.

Whilst I totally agree that Wise and other similar services are a modern day 'miracle' and I am amazed how they can transfer money so quickly, the point of forums like these are to 'discuss' topics that affect people, so I don't really see it as complaints but more informing people of what is happening?

Edited by mikeymike100
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pontious said:

When I log on now it says it will take 2 working days to convert my GBP to Baht. That will be Tuesday next week - it is only 10000 Baht.!!

Just had a pop up on the Wise App. Saying that sums over 47k will take 2 days. Lower amounts not effected. Mine was 40k. Go figure. 
pop up has now disappeared.