Texas & Florida Paying Hundreds Of Millions More In Bond Interest Because Of ESG Bans

Scott

image.png

The governors of Texas and Florida have declared war on Wall Street bankers who dare to consider environmental, social, and governance factors in making their business decisions. Companies committed to ESG favor protection of natural resources, human rights, health and safety, and community engagement.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis hate those things and want nothing to to with all that “woke” stuff.

https://cleantechnica.com/2023/02/13/texas-florida-paying-hundreds-of-millions-more-in-bond-interest-because-of-esg-bans/

Contact CleanTechnica | CleanTechnica

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

A: Tough. 

B: Being concerned about human rights, the environment, health and safety, and community engagement isn’t woke , it’s called being a decent human being. 

This is not about those rights being violated in the common sense, it's about buying stocks and bonds in company's that are not ESG in nature and are used in pension portfolios.  Since gas and energy are not ESG friendly those funds and bonds are being dropped under the ESG platform as well as stocks in gunmakers and military equipment.  Try again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Credo said:

I have a small stock portfolio.  I am what I would consider as 'medium' woke.  I live around a lot of very not woke people.  I don't try to change them; I seldom argue with them but I do point out where they are wrong and then drop it.  

When it comes to my portfolio, I specifically do not allow certain investments, primarily gun manufacturers.  Other than that, I let the fund manager have free rein.  

Your loss, my portfolio is loaded with Stocks in gunmakers, defense companies, gas and oil.  All not friendly under ESG

The woke world is deranged.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This is not about those rights being violated in the common sense, it's about buying stocks and bonds in company's that are not ESG in nature and are used in pension portfolios.  Since gas and energy are not ESG friendly those funds and bonds are being dropped under the ESG platform as well as stocks in gunmakers and military equipment.  Try again.

What has that got to do with my point that the governors have no case to act against those on Wall Street who state ESG concerns as a reason not to invest in a particular sector/industry?  

23 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

What has that got to do with my point that the governors have no case to act against those on Wall Street who state ESG concerns as a reason not to invest in a particular sector/industry?  

You don't see it do you. As Governors they have State funds which they direct into investments for the States employees and infrastructure, or don't States Invest employees funds for pensions and so on.

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You don't see it do you. As Governors they have State funds which they direct into investments for the States employees and infrastructure, or don't States Invest employees funds for pensions and so on.

Nonetheless it is still the right of those who do the investing to consider ESG factors when investing. 

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your loss, my portfolio is loaded with Stocks in gunmakers, defense companies, gas and oil.  All not friendly under ESG

The woke world is deranged.

Good for you.  I hope you do well.  As far as 'the woke world ' being deranged, I don't think so.  They do nothing that hurts you, unless you are a bit of a snowflake.  So which of these groups is a threat to you:

Blacks?  Latinos?   Gays?  Trans?  

I suspect none, but the guy who walks into a shopping mall with an AR-15 does pose a real threat.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What has any of this have to do with the fact that Florida and Texas are paying too much interest on their bonds because they're excluding major players?