Expat stores

scubascuba3

8 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Do these expat shops have reasonably priced cheddar? Makro has Anchor 2kg for 700+ baht. Aged not necessary. Plan to cold smoke it anyway

My Makro has the Horeca Cheddar, 2 kg for 659 baht, as stated earlier it is a bit bland but I cut it into 8 and freeze it and it seems to bring the taste out .

Whether spooned over a jacket potato, or served with a full English Breakfast, baked beans in tomato sauce are a store cupboard staple for many.

So with grocery prices on a seemingly unstoppable rise, it's welcome news that you can cut back on the cost of beans without compromising on taste.

We asked a panel of consumers to blind-taste and rate 12 different brands of baked beans, from Heinz, Branston and KP to Aldi, Tesco, Lidl and more.

Cheap Lidl and Morrisons baked beans took the top spot in our test, tying for first place and seeing off competition from the big brands.

Both are less than half the price of Heinz beans, so if you're feeding a crowd, the savings will quickly stack up.

Read on to find out what our tasters thought of each brand and how the winning beans impressed them - plus the supermarket beans that missed the mark.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/article/best-baked-beans-the-supermarket-own-brands-that-beat-branston-heinz-hp-abOOH9u0DYtP

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Laughable. Who is mug enough to pay that?

You must recognize Siambury's is a long and irritating drive and it can be hard to park when you do get there. I had a look at another Expat shop and was put off by the price for Heinz Beans... Big-CX had some Morrisons ones but they are lacking in taste. Two weeks ago they had Watties but all gone last week. 

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You must recognize Siambury's is a long and irritating drive and it can be hard to park when you do get there. I had a look at another Expat shop and was put off by the price for Heinz Beans... Big-CX had some Morrisons ones but they are lacking in taste. Two weeks ago they had Watties but all gone last week. 

Yes it is a pain to get to as is Siam Expat Store, i sometimes go to the ones more local to me, "The Pantry" and "The Grocery shop"