How many days i have officially to leave country after marriage extension cancelled?

Hello,

some say 7 days, some say 24 days,  and some say 0...  so how many days i have officially if divorce on a 1 year marriage extansion, to leave country and not be on overstay?

(if 0... and if I not meet any other extension , because money is not in the bank now...  what is my best option, to get a few weeks??  can i get extension 60 days based on child, or any other emergency extension?  or just go to immigration tell them the truth, pay 1900thb and they give me an under consideration stamp even if i have nothing ???)

please help

thank you

Good luck as Joe says 60 days will give you some breathing space.

Perhaps you may wish to take family to your native country ?

You give scant info but do the kids have foreign passports, this may be something you wish to consider and whether rex wife consents etc.

There are many other types of visa via employment , vacation , our experts here may have other ideas for you. believe being a parent if your child is under 18?

Then depend n your age you could possibly try for retirement if over 50?

I have wondered what happens if Thai wife dies, do they allow enough time to season the 800k , even if imported day 1 it won't allow  a 60 day extension 2 months required.

Would I be better as an insurance and not wishing to leave the country deposit an extra 400k on top of the 400k in my Thai bank used only for non O marriage route please?

31 minutes ago, Omega7 said:

some say 7 days, some say 24 days,  and some say 0...  so how many days i have officially if divorce on a 1 year marriage extansion, to leave country and not be on overstay?

The correct answer to this question is: 0

If you qualify for some other extension you could of course apply for it, as mentioned by ubonjoe, 60 days to visit your child should be possible.

If you don't qualify for any extension you can still apply for one (you have to pay the 1900 Baht), they will deny it but they will give you 7 days to leave the country.

• Like 2

OP, on ok terms with wife? 

You could just remain in Thailand.

No body relays your divorce info to immigration.

Prior to expiry of current permission of stay you could exit Thailand and and change to another option such as ME support Thai child from somewhere such as Savannakhet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP this is what i did, dont know will help or not:

i divorced just covid was newly happening and like the next 2 days it was impossible to fly or go out via border. everything was just started to close and yes, it was really at that time. everything was about to get close.

the thing is immigration has no idea that you are divorced. amphue and immigration has no contact. the only way they can know is you or wife inform them. 

so i told my ex wife that covid is starting and it wont be possible for me to leave thailand in 1-2 days because there is no way i cannot come back and work like the rest of the world. just to let you know that at that time there was no covid visa extension. she said ok. so i didnt informed the immigration which gave me almost another year. and after a year it was little bit better but still cannot leave the county because of covid. so i contacted to an agency. she helped me with another 1 year extension and i also told about that to my ex wife and explained the situation. she said ok. so i got another year. 

then another year borders were close but flights were started with very hard restrictions. so i bought a ticket and decided to go back to my country and also to get a non-b visa (because im working with thai government) when i was exiting from thailand i still had 1 month and the IO at the gate asked me if im planning to come back because he said i still have time and i can get re-entry and i told him im planning to come back but not soon (it was a lie because i was going to come back in 2-3 weeks) and i just told him like this because i wanted him to cancel my agency done visa so i would get rid of that fake thing (yes, it is even so many people say its not) and to be clean. at that time i didnt noticed but it turned out later that he put some kind of different exit stamp because of my non-o (this will be important soon in my story).

so did my non-b. and came back to thailand. at the airport no problem at all. so easy

now.. things started being interested when i went to extend my non-b to 1 year. changwattana IO was great. credits to her. i gave her all paper work from my company and she WAS ready to do the stamp for 1 year... TILL she suddenly noticed my ex non-o wife extension and i left the country without re-entry AND i came here with a different visa. TATAAA. she then stopped stamping my passport then she looked at me and she asked me.. where is your wife? that was the moment i knew i .... up. i told her shes in khon kaen, working. she told me she has to be here because she (IO) has to link the visas. i was like.. ok its all done. im done. its over, the game is over. everything is gone! stay overs, forging papers, using illegally agency.. you name it. its done. i must point here i can speak fluent thai and esan also im working for the royal thai airforce. then she just look at that papers and said do you have copy of your wife Id, marriage certificate and house book.. i said yes but photo in my phone.. she said yes ok. i did copy and gave to her. and i asked her to make it clear if i need all these again for my next extension and she said NO. this first time was just to link the visas. I have no idea what 'link visas' is. i was so lucky and i do believe it was just because i was speaking with her thai and being very nice plus royal thai airforce thing. 

my next extension had no problems at all. 

SO.. be very careful about your decision. it will effect your visa. if you chose to do anything without notifying the immigration and at your next step it might end up asking to see your marriage certificate. i strongly suggest divorce and go to the immigration immediately and notify them. they will give you 24 hours. at the immigration they will ask you to see your red divorce document which has a date. that's the date you have 24 hours. So talk to your ex wife and ask her if she can wait till you organize your exit. 

good luck and sorry for your divorce.. i know how it feels.

You could get the 60 day extension or you could go to a nearby country (such as Laos or Vietnam) and get a Single or 12 month Multi Entry Non O based on marriage.  That will give you either 1 x 90 day stay or multiple 90 day stays.  Provided you remain married and your wife goes to immigration with you, you can extend each 90 day stay by 60 days.

You'd need to check with someone who's been there recently but Ho Chin Min (and Savannakhet I believe) didn't used to want any financial proof before the covid closure.

You'd need to leave the country each time you reached 90 days (or 150 with an extension) and re-enter but if you need time to sort your finances out - it could be the way to go. You can actually get virtually 17 months out of a multi if you time it right. Leave and re-enter on the day before the last day of the visa's validity - stay 90 days + a 60 day extension.