Ford Dealer Insists Vehicle Was New, Willing To Buy It Back

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff

A DEALER of Ford vehicles in Rayong today (Feb. 22) refuted claims by a woman that a pickup truck she bought two years ago was fitted with a second-hand engine insisting that it was new and that the company is willing to buy it back, Naewna newspaper said.

Mr. Somsak Paniangthong, managing director of Ford Ek Rayong Company, said Ms. Jindarat Chamluengrit, 26, had been negotiating with his car centre and now a request had been made to the Consumer Protection Subcommittee in Rayong to mediate and reach an agreement.

Jindarat had told the media over the weekend that she had bought the black four-door pickup truck in cash on March 16, 2020.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/02/22/ford-dealer-insists-vehicle-was-new-willing-to-buy-it-back/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-02-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bluebluewater said:

Negotiate a good price for another truck and take their offer to buy the first one back.  Sorted!

They should give her a new truck and take the old one back... 

It would be cheaper in the long run rather than further destroying their credibility, which on the face of it has already started to happen, since she's had to go to the consumer protection subcommittee to negotiate.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ford is an excellent car; the problem is, that their network of agents in Thailand suck big time .... so experienced in Rayong, Pattaya, Chonburi, Udon Thani and Nong Khai. Exception to the rule was Khon Kaen. 
This explains why Ford had serious issues to put their foot into the Thai door. An executive of the assembly plan of Ford told me, that it is easier to find a third agency for any known Japanese brand (i.e. Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc.) than anyone picking up the sole agency for Ford .... back in the day. 
I - for one - had more than ten Ford trucks; all good vehicles. I ultmately switched as their agency network had too many unreliable loose cannons. I could write a book about it ....... what a pity for an excellent brand. The first time you buy a product it is the promotion, catalogue, sales staff, the price tc. Any further purchase of the same product depends on the experience with the first purchase. Or - to wrap it up - customer service is not a department but an attitude ???? Latter not understood by most Ford dealers across the land - how sad ???? 

21 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Ford is an excellent car; the problem is, that their network of agents in Thailand suck big time .... so experienced in Rayong, Pattaya, Chonburi, Udon Thani and Nong Khai. Exception to the rule was Khon Kaen. 
This explains why Ford had serious issues to put their foot into the Thai door. An executive of the assembly plan of Ford told me, that it is easier to find a third agency for any known Japanese brand (i.e. Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc.) than anyone picking up the sole agency for Ford .... back in the day. 
I - for one - had more than ten Ford trucks; all good vehicles. I ultmately switched as their agency network had too many unreliable loose cannons. I could write a book about it ....... what a pity for an excellent brand. The first time you buy a product it is the promotion, catalogue, sales staff, the price tc. Any further purchase of the same product depends on the experience with the first purchase. Or - to wrap it up - customer service is not a department but an attitude ???? Latter not understood by most Ford dealers across the land - how sad ???? 

For some reason Ford have always had problems with the poor quality of their dealers in Thailand. In this case, however, I suspect it's the vehicle owner who is trying it on.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ignis said:

Model Code: FR25D2020-KO

Believe 2019/2020 some 4 door Ranger were still fitted with the 2.5 engine....  ??

Nope.

The T6 platform that was introduced in 2011 came with a 2.2 4CYL OR A 3.2 5CYL.

The vehicle in question will be a 2.2 (no 3.2 manual in Thailand) and the fact it is manual tells me it is an XL+ at best.

The price paid is baffling as for 15k more she could have purchased a new model next gen Ranger XL+.

This sound like a fair deal...

"Somsak added that his company is willing to take care of Jindarat in every way but not at more than what she paid for the vehicle." 

–While this might be less fair after two years...

"However she wants his company to give her a new Next-Generation Ranger pickup truck that costs more than the one she had purchased."

(Quotes from the article)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ignis said:

Model Code: FR25D2020-KO

Believe 2019/2020 some 4 door Ranger were still fitted with the 2.5 engine....  ??

I don't think they were! I was wanting to buy a Ford Ranger about a year after their release in Thailand (I think) in about 2015 however I was told 12 month waiting list for delivery.... No! No! No. Got a Ford Everest 3lt 4 x 4 7 seat and we all loved it. Only service issue I had was the entertainment system which they could never get to work properly and I got some great excuses over the years. Ants was the best. Even knowing it would be a small issue I would have still purchased it. 

7 minutes ago, BritScot said:

I don't think they were! I was wanting to buy a Ford Ranger about a year after their release in Thailand (I think) in about 2015 however I was told 12 month waiting list for delivery.... No! No! No. Got a Ford Everest 3lt 4 x 4 7 seat and we all loved it. Only service issue I had was the entertainment system which they could never get to work properly and I got some great excuses over the years. Ants was the best. Even knowing it would be a small issue I would have still purchased it. 

the 2.5 is  petrol engine... was offered very early in the T6 model (2011 to 2023) for approx 12 months.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/23/2023 at 8:31 AM, Ralf001 said:

the 2.5 is  petrol engine... was offered very early in the T6 model (2011 to 2023) for approx 12 months.

I would need to bow to your knowledge but for me there was only one Ford pickup that I wanted which was the new 5 cylinder 3.2lt wild track. Which had a very good engine. I settled for a Ford Everest 3lt (price was my deciding factor) this turned out to be a great decision as I really loved the vehicle. It was top spec (all black). Yep sad day when I sold it.

26 minutes ago, BritScot said:

I would need to bow to your knowledge but for me there was only one Ford pickup that I wanted which was the new 5 cylinder 3.2lt wild track. Which had a very good engine. I settled for a Ford Everest 3lt (price was my deciding factor) this turned out to be a great decision as I really loved the vehicle. It was top spec (all black). Yep sad day when I sold it.

3.0 Everest ?

On 2/23/2023 at 10:42 AM, Thingamabob said:

For some reason Ford have always had problems with the poor quality of their dealers in Thailand. In this case, however, I suspect it's the vehicle owner who is trying it on.

I suspect it's the vehicle owner who is trying it on....She has had the Vehicle for 2 Years Use & She is NOT happy & Want's Her CASH Back....

On 2/24/2023 at 10:43 AM, Ralf001 said:

3.0 Everest ?

Everest 3lt was the top range Everest in Thailand before the redesign 3.2lt Everest (I think). It had 7 seats, leather, TV video drop down screen. There was a smaller engine Everest which had a 2.5lt engine which sold for a million but mine was 1.25 on the road. Wonderful vehicle. 

43 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Everest 3lt was the top range Everest in Thailand before the redesign 3.2lt Everest (I think). It had 7 seats, leather, TV video drop down screen. There was a smaller engine Everest which had a 2.5lt engine which sold for a million but mine was 1.25 on the road. Wonderful vehicle. 

Ahhhh yes, I forget those old first gen Everests had the 3.0 in them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...