Will the Rouble Crash?

Dogsredrocket

9 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

One month? A very selective argument.

Now try the same comparison for one year, i.e. from the start of the "war". A slightly different result: +18.96%.

Not really. It's also formed a classic bear flag for those who do chart analysis.

rbl.png

Edited by ozimoron

... a propped up currency, artificially inflated which is easy enough in a narrow AND shallow market.

'The Russian economy is doing very well, better than almost everywhere else ...'

???

:cheesy: ... obviously they're already sprinkling acid into the water supplies up there in the motha*land, and generously by the looks of it ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Was in a restaurant last night with my family, lovely setting and would have strayed longer had it not been the foul-mouthed Aussies in there.

Since I can understand and speak German I can say the same about Germans and Brits and yes, I am an Aussie myself but don't open my mouth unless it is necessary 

• Haha 1

TASS, the Official Russian news agency reports today Feb. 28, 2023

Bank of Russia increases key rate by 10.5 pp to 20%

External conditions for the Russian economy have drastically changed, the regulator noted

Sounds like there is lots of issues with the Ruble to move interest rates to 20%.

I would dump all Rubles immediately. They could become near worthless if Russia collapses. Google "putin russia collapse"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

TASS, the Official Russian news agency reports today Feb. 28, 2023

Bank of Russia increases key rate by 10.5 pp to 20%

External conditions for the Russian economy have drastically changed, the regulator noted

Sounds like there is lots of issues with the Ruble to move interest rates to 20%.

I would dump all Rubles immediately. They could become near worthless if Russia collapses. Google "putin russia collapse"

a Ponzi scheme. Hello Argentina. And Turkey.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

More fincial problems for Russians. On February 24, the US Department of the Treasury imposed sanctions on Russia’s Primorye, Saint-Petersburg, Uralsib, Zenit, and Levoberezhny banks, as well as Lanta Bank, Metallinvestbank, Credit Bank of Moscow, MTS Bank, SDM-Bank, and the Ural Bank for Reconstruction and Development.

Uralsib also reported that Union Pay cards of clients staying in other countries have been suspended by the payment system.

Also, Russia Central Bank international reserves amounted to $582.1 bln as of February 17, down by $6.9 bln, or by 1.2%, in one week as a result of negative revaluation, as well as transactions under the fiscal rule as at Feb. 27.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 7:46 AM, Adumbration said:

I know two seperate families (Farang with Thai wife) in Rawai who are now moving to Isaan.  Both families for the same reason...Phuket is no longer liveable while the Russians are there.  One of these guys...and old friend of mine from back home is off to Nakon Nowhere next week.

Intolerant individuals. A bunch of glory-hole loving clan members. It's enough; I can't take any more. It's no surprise he had trouble dating within his own tribe. Now he's found a cheaper tribe whose members, despite being 20 years younger than them, are willing to unlock her treasure in exchange for his money.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Intolerant individuals. A bunch of glory-hole loving clan members. It's enough; I can't take any more. It's no surprise he had trouble dating within his own tribe. Now he's found a cheaper tribe whose members, despite being 20 years younger than them, are willing to unlock her treasure in exchange for his money.

Tolerance is not the issue.  Quality of life is.  Most expats are here seeking a better quality of life and when an issue impinges upon that quality, they, if the resources are at hand, will make changes.

Russians in Rawai are a significant issue.  I know first hand. I just got back from there yesterday.

they will cling on till 2024 as they have a cushion from oil sales to india and china but they need to borrow big to pay for the war and everything is  on the slide to collapse eventually,,imports coming in over the border in trucks ,vlad will get his harley spares but airlines r doomed 

• Thumbs Up 1