Dutch pensioner in court trying to get 4MB+ back from Thai woman official who conned him into buying house and land

webfact

6 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

But there were clearly conditions. ALL financial transactions have conditions. She had no interest in marrying the guy and basically just ripped him off. If she were to have told him that up front would he have sent the money? No.

If she had told him the truth, as you say, it is certainly most unlikely he would have sent any money?

My family got scammed, father had dementia and i should have paid more attention.

Lost property and 2m in a loan to the women who was actually a property agent in Hua hin. Whom we thought we could trust not a random from a bar or online.

I think they will always take advantage of foreigners and perhaps they thought we had more than we did but pretty much everything we had was lost.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Strange.

In the picture he doesn't look like a dill.

Guess images can be deceptive.

So you are a dill when you have money stolen from you ?

I think the gentleman in question has been foolish to believe in this Thai woman ,but this is no reason why he should not try and recover his money , dill or no dill

• Thumbs Up 1

I never understand why men will do things in Thailand--where they don't know the rules, that they wouldn't do in their home country. Maybe as Robin Williams once said, "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." Good luck to you Peter.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ed strong said:

My family got scammed, father had dementia and i should have paid more attention.

Lost property and 2m in a loan to the women who was actually a property agent in Hua hin. Whom we thought we could trust not a random from a bar or online.

I think they will always take advantage of foreigners and perhaps they thought we had more than we did but pretty much everything we had was lost.

Sad to hear that. My father also got dementia while living alone in Tenerife after his second wife died. My sister went out there to take care of his affairs and found that several expats in the village masquerading as his friends had touched him for loans of several thousand pounds each. She found his wobbly handwriting on his cheque book stubs and went to confront the so and sos she could locate. She managed to get some of it back but one big debtor committed suicide before repaying anything.

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I personally know of several of these in Pattaya.  Guys meet the girl online, get lots of attention promise marriage and buy a condo before they have even met.  It happens more then people think and I bet most feel so stupid and embarrassed you never hear about it.

Oooh Pattaya guys

haha

1 hour ago, ed strong said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I can believe every word  ... after been here a long time you get to know what goes on and honesty isn't one of them.

Edited by steven100
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Joseph98765 said:

And I heard a case of a guy who was from a Motorcycle club (not sure Hells Angels or something like that...he was Aussie) that he got rip off from his Thai Girlfriend... and he went to her hometown and told her you have 30 min to transfer the money or your family will pay one way or another....

Now he's doing life in Bangkok Hilton. 

• Haha 1

Well good luck, they tell me it will up to the judge of the day and the stories told. if the lady pleads poor you loose or get payment like 200 bhat over the next 100 years.  
I was paid 7 million Bhat with a bounced check, the police hid or lost the file 3 years later, i am still not in the court after restarting the case the Chief of Pattaya  police station was stood down or transferred. he is guilty for not supervising his officers however i was told he would not sign the arrest warrant until someone guaranteed brown bag payment to him. 
The offenders paid the original arresting office 200k Bhat then was transferred to another station,  for the next 3 years the offenders  whet   about ripping more people (Thai) off, the last i heard was about 102 million bhat, this all could have been stopped if the original police officer done his job.
I too still have faith in Thailand and some Thai people, i sure hope Big Joke get to hear about my case and moves o the original arresting officer and the Pattaya police chief 

To the man from Holland good luck, i have Thai grand children and would never put them all in the same basket hopefully they will bring some trust and belief into Thailand .

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

This kind of thing happens all over the world. People can be so naive. Sorry for the guy, but he was both stupid and duplicitous.

totally disagree ...

" but he was both stupid and duplicitous. "     for trusting a scamming Thai woman ?   so people can be so naive when they trust someone who is intentionally out to scam them ?

So should people avoid being so naive and ask them if they are intentionally going to scam them first ?

This doesn't happen as frequent or as much in other places,  it happens every day here because that's normal behaviour to them.

4 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

His money back? Ha. No chance. Zero. Nil.

If he gets his money back I want his lawyers phone number 555 

What if he is awarded 50 percent of his input?

Still would like his lawyers telephone number?

Many Thai  citizens do not understand the Thai law that Could give them problems when thieving from foreigners.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

If I remember correctly, that case was a divorce case, and the end result was the woman got the house and the man got a used car.

It was not a divorce  case yet unfairly considered as a divorce case . The Judge decided as the house was built on the woman's land he could only receive the car which he had paid 1,700,000 million baht for . The woman  claimed the  ar was a gift.

I think the Danish guy should of appealed .

He was robbed as the relationship was just a short period of time with the woman 

7 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

My thoughts, how many people who sent money to a thia woman ever ever gets her money back, I don’t know of any.

I personally know of 3 occasions where TGF returned serious amounts of money (500,000 baht and 1m baht,  10 years ago). But it wasn't "sent" to them, those were unsecured loans.

I also know of several lesser loans to TGFs that were repaid, between 20,000 and 100,000 baht. 

I don't personally know anyone who has been cheated by TGFs out of more than 20,000 (which is bad enough). But then, I don't live in Pattaya. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

But there were clearly conditions. ALL financial transactions have conditions. She had no interest in marrying the guy and basically just ripped him off. If she were to have told him that up front would he have sent the money? No.

So how do you prove she had no interest in marring him?

I wish him luck, but trying to prove this in court will be difficult and even if he wins in court the money will be gone with no means to pay him back. 

Please, please,,,do not come to Thailand and expect to heal one's past demons from Europe or the west.

If you buy, make it in your name.

Be worth more alive then dead.

Never, never give any form of power of attorney, Never even mention in which bank you have your account.

Best of all, with the fine ladies, don't buy or settle long term - always rent in Asia.

The european governments sould warn each of their pensioners on their first pension payment,  regarding the ruthless dynamics aimed at naive western retirees, that can emerge in Asia and in Thailand

13 hours ago, itsari said:

It was not a divorce  case yet unfairly considered as a divorce case . The Judge decided as the house was built on the woman's land he could only receive the car which he had paid 1,700,000 million baht for . The woman  claimed the  ar was a gift.

I think the Danish guy should of appealed .

He was robbed as the relationship was just a short period of time with the woman 

On your first reply you wrote he managed to get his money back. But he only got a used car which would probably could be sold for about half what he paid for it, and he got noting for the house...

3 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

On your first reply you wrote he managed to get his money back. But he only got a used car which would probably could be sold for about half what he paid for it, and he got noting for the house...

You are correct , i am sorry I had my facts wrong . It should of read that he got half his money back . 

The plaintiff had paid 1,700,000 for the car . The important point is that the judge considered he was entitled to something from the woman .

On 2/24/2023 at 8:03 AM, itsari said:

Since you are so sure of the outcome why not start a book .

I am not so sure .

There was a case of a Danish man who managed to recover his money from a Thai woman through the civil  court and i am quite sure there are other cases as well .

Yep , but you need a very good Thai lawyer which is expensive  and in most cases the money is already siphoned off by her family incl Thai boyfriend/husband. Never buy land here because its illegal to have your name on the chanote red deed.

Most of these clowns should be talked out of coming here.

They come here for sex with young women which is so easy. Why?  Because they're 99% poor isan/korat girls. You pay for everything incl motorbikes for her 'brother'.

Fools and their money!

1 minute ago, BangkokKnights said:

Yep , but you need a very good Thai lawyer which is expensive  and in most cases the money is already siphoned off by her family incl Thai boyfriend/husband. Never buy land here because its illegal to have your name on the chanote red deed.

Most of these clowns should be talked out of coming here.

They come here for sex with young women which is so easy. Why?  Because they're 99% poor isan/korat girls. You pay for everything incl motorbikes for her 'brother'.

Fools and their money!

You have a strong argument .

However the isan statement could apply to all areas of Thailand