Dutch pensioner in court trying to get 4MB+ back from Thai woman official who conned him into buying house and land

webfact

I think his only chance is she has a respected higher government position.   A school director told me if she defaulted on her loans from the school scam find bank whatever it is she would lose her job.   Plus with all the bad press about Thailand lately.   It would be interesting to learn the lawyers fee deal?

Can you believe anyone would loan a guy to send money to a gal in Thailand he had never let.  And a bank loan must have collateral

On 2/24/2023 at 4:51 PM, ross163103 said:

I never understand why men will do things in Thailand--where they don't know the rules, that they wouldn't do in their home country. Maybe as Robin Williams once said, "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." Good luck to you Peter.

Over simplification of the problem . 

In other words a cheap joke on someone who has been thieved 

On 2/24/2023 at 6:43 AM, spidermike007 said:

Rule #1. Take your time getting to know her. 

Mistake #1. Rush in quickly. 

How long did he know her for? How much time did they spend together? 

I have known so many men, who come here, and from the very start, make the same mistakes they made back in the West. Except here, they do not need to make those mistakes. The environment does not dictate that they behave like lambs. Many do not know, or realize that, or they succumb to "force of habit". Every ship needs a captain. If the man is not willing to be the captain of the ship, the woman will take over, here in Thailand. Most women here seem to want a strong man. But, if they end up with a wimp, they will take over. They have to. Someone needs to be the captain!

Time allows clarity. Never, ever move too quickly. That is the undoing of most of these guys. Lastly, do not get hung up on them, emotionally. Have some fun. Get to know them. Take your time. Always remember, if it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, they will reveal themselves over time. Time is your ally. It is rarely their ally. They are usually trying to step up the timetable. We need to push back. We need to assert control. We need to be honest, and let them know we are not interested in an immediate relationship. Something might develop, but if you are in a hurry, I am NOT YOUR GUY. An environment like this allows us to set boundaries, and take our time. Take advantage of that. Be a man. Step up. Pay tribute to the gender. Refuse to lay down anymore. Refuse to be a doormat. Refuse to check your cajones at the door. 

Have you found that most girls you meet want to punch you in the face and can't stop?

1 hour ago, crouchpeter said:

Have you found that most girls you meet want to punch you in the face and can't stop?

No. Never. I make it a point to avoid abusive and angry women.

In the past, some have been turned off by my patience and desire to take alot of time to get to know them, find out what makes them tick, and discover their foibles, baggage and liabilities, as well as their worthiness. That is on them. They always know where the door is, and by not allowing ourselves to get hung up on a gal prematurely, it is easy to let them walk. See ya! 

Edited by spidermike007

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 1:26 AM, itsari said:

I have read nothing to suggest it was a gift . That's your words

Unless there was a legal contract between him and her that she would buy a house, then it was a gift. Also he can’t own land Thailand, so best forget getting money back. 

53 minutes ago, Dazkkk said:

Unless there was a legal contract between him and her that she would buy a house, then it was a gift. Also he can’t own land Thailand, so best forget getting money back. 

We will be shown how the Thai judge will respond in good time .

In previous cases the so called gift line has not been successful.

3 hours ago, Dazkkk said:

Reading the OP there was an expectation of marriage and that did not occur,  if a verbal contract along those lines could be proven, he may stand a chance. It is like the man getting the engagement ring back if the relationship fails before marriage. I had a pal who used to pick up cases like this and he seemed to think there was a good expectation of the man getting some to all of the money back if he could prove all the money came from him. (His Thai wife was the lawyer). He also suggested it was never clean cut!

I expect the money is mostly spent and given out to relatives, and even if an order to repay is made, nothing much happens. 

Edited by jacko45k