Phitsanoluk Debtor shoots herself in front on Loan Shark

webfact

image.jpeg

About 8.30 p.m., 58-year-old Somkiat called Mueang Phitsanuloak Police Station to report that his debtor and ex-girlfriend, Kaysorn, 47, had shot herself to death at his home on the Pichai Songkram Road in Phitsanulok’s central province.

When police and medical professionals from Buddhachinaraj Hospital arrived on the scene, they found Kaysorn dead in a pool of blood. She was shot in the head, and a 22mm revolver was found on her right thigh.

Kaysorn had borrowed 50,000 baht from Somkiat, who told the police that she was unable to repay him when she visited him to negotiate repayment.

The loan shark claimed that when dealing with Kaysorn, he was patient and understanding. He told authorities that Kaysorn suddenly pulled out a gun and shot herself in the head for an unknown reason.

Full story: https://bangkokone.news/phitsanoluk-debtor-shoots-herself-in-front-on-loan-shark/

image.png

-- © Copyright BANGKOK ONE NEWS 2023-02-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

The police have no problem with his being a loan shark?

Bangkok One News calls him that , never using the word "alleged" and calling the woman "his debtor", as if being a loanshark is a legally permitted occupation.

Edited by JimmyJ

You own a loan-shark 50,000 THB and then shoot yourself in the head?  Sure you do.

Tell me that this is going to fly with Thai authorities.  What do "loan-sharks" do - they threaten and often harm those who have taken loans from them in order to obtain repayment.  It's illegal isn't it?  Like, usury is legal in Thailand  (actually it seems to be).

There will be no "justice" here I'm afraid. 

Edited by connda
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, connda said:

You own a loan-shark 50,000 THB and then shoot yourself in the head?  Sure you do.

Tell me that this is going to fly with Thai authorities.  What do "loan-sharks" do - they threaten and often harm those who have taken loans from them in order to obtain repayment.  It's illegal isn't it?  Like, usury is legal in Thailand  (actually it seems to be).

So he is now 50k down

On 2/25/2023 at 3:59 PM, connda said:

My understanding of Thai law is that to demand more than 15 percent interest per annum on a loan is against the law .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, itsari said:

My understanding of Thai law is that to demand more than 15 percent interest per annum on a loan is against the law .

That's why black/underground markets exist.

They aren't beholding to the "rule of law".

3 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

That's why black/underground markets exist.

They aren't beholding to the "rule of law".

The illegal money lending market is part of every day life in Thailand and is done with the blessing of the police . 

Perhaps Mr Big joke will take on the illegal money lenders at the end of the coming election after all the corrupt immigration officers are filling up the jails in Thailand . 

Just a big joke