Resumption of bull, cock and fish fighting and betting approved

snoop1130

ไก่ชน-600x360.jpg

Photo from looknampattalung website

Thailand’s Ministry of Interior has instructed all provincial governors to make preparations to allow the resumption of animal competitions, such as bull, cock and fish fighting, now that the COVID-19 pandemic has eased.

An urgent letter, signed by Interior Permanent Secretary Suttipong Juljarern on Friday and sent to all provincial governors, says that the resumption such events is intended to promote local culture and traditions and provide communities with an honest way to generate revenues.

The district chief officer or an assistant district officer in each district is authorised to exercise discretion in granting permits for the holding of bull, cock or fish fights, in line with local traditions or conditions.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/resumption-of-bull-cock-and-fish-fighting-and-betting-approved/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 4
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

and so is the gambling as it is common to bet on the winner , same as horseracing, boxing, etc etc... But gambling is forbidden.. Again two decisions that are the opposite as nobody will enforce the non gambling law, as long as there are no complaints....Besides that Thailand has never heard of animal welfare??? another issue.. There are too many monkeys, too many stray dogs, but no control.... result is not enough food and exploding breedings...and now these animals fight till death.... Bravo Thailand

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now I understand why illegal online betting (Macau888) became so popular.

Some of the bull fighting videos on YouTube are pretty gory. Steak-sized hunks of flesh hanging off the horns. And these fights can go on for a long time.

Thailand is big on gaining UNESCO Intangible Heritage designation on cultural/cuisine (Tom Yum, Khon) unique to the Kingdom. I'm sure they'll be submitting some/all of the "sports/activities" for recognition going forward.

Are these events marketed to tourists? Other than Muay Thai.

TAT should make a promotional video, and Vloggers could promote these events.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

thais love blood & gutts, you only have to see how all of them rush to see the injured/dead people at an accident, they stop their cars in the middle of the road to get out for a better look and there is usually a big crowd. They cant help themselves, same with this resumption, just shows the rest of the world that Thailand is still a 3rd world country and that many of the people still act like thay did hundreds of years ago, they dont want to advance to modern society, they much prefer the law of the jungle and want to watch/be involved in these blood sports

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Big in Isaan, ask around. I'm sure it's available in/near Bangkok too.

Those little boxing gloves are amazing. And who knew fish could wear shorts.

SO THE fish put gloves on their fins do they......

and when does the WEIGH IN take place

• Love It 1

Never seen a Thai bullfight myself. Spanish/Portuguese/Mexican/Colombian I have. It is regarded of course as an art form rather than a sport. Comedy bullfights can be most entertaining. It is important to understand that it is traditional and, as a guest in another Country, you have to appreciate the historical and cultural differences.

23 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Never seen a Thai bullfight myself. Spanish/Portuguese/Mexican/Colombian I have. It is regarded of course as an art form rather than a sport.

Uhm, yeah. That's pretty obvious.

Thai bullfighting is Bull vs. Bull.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

An urgent letter, signed by Interior Permanent Secretary Suttipong Juljarern on Friday and sent to all provincial governors, says that the resumption such events is intended to promote local culture and traditions and provide communities with an honest way to generate revenues.

By gambling on animals fighting?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Never seen a Thai bullfight myself. Spanish/Portuguese/Mexican/Colombian I have. It is regarded of course as an art form rather than a sport. Comedy bullfights can be most entertaining. It is important to understand that it is traditional and, as a guest in another Country, you have to appreciate the historical and cultural differences.

Thai bull fights are very different. No matadors etc. It's actually 2 bulls fighting each other.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1