Jomtien - Non Imm O 800k - Extension

33 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

Must be same day ..once the bank put the previous day's date ..had to go back to the bank and get it changed ...

When was that? i went down there today to ask and they said it's ok to use the day before bank letter. Do i believe her? 50\50

• Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When was that? i went down there today to ask and they said it's ok to use the day before bank letter. Do i believe her? 50\50

Go for it and let us know if it was accepted...I have mine to do next month ☺️

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I always do previous day for many many years at Jomtien. Never a problem!

However be sure to do a transaction on the day you get the letter.

I also always use bank letter from previous day, but I NEVER do a same day transaction. Ever. I do use an FD account, and is therefore also NEVER asked for bank statements. At Jomtien. YMMW.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

I also always use bank letter from previous day, but I NEVER do a same day transaction. Ever. I do use an FD account, and is therefore also NEVER asked for bank statements. At Jomtien. YMMW.

Most people use standard savings passbook accounts. I have even had a bank clerk remind me to do a transaction first but I already had.

In general you don't need statements if your pass book copies show every transaction going back the full year. But you do if there have been any aggregated ones.

Edited by Jingthing

I always pay in 100 baht and draw out 100 baht before i get the letter. Then go to Immingration the same day. I think the letter shows the closing balance on the previous day so any transaction on that day must still show the same figure. Probably overkill but they can't complain about the balances not being the same.

40 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I always pay in 100 baht and draw out 100 baht before i get the letter. Then go to Immingration the same day. I think the letter shows the closing balance on the previous day so any transaction on that day must still show the same figure. Probably overkill but they can't complain about the balances not being the same.

Well at SCB the letter shows the exact same balance which it must but statements show up to the previous day which doesn't matter.

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

However be sure to do a transaction on the day you get the letter.

In Bangkok Bank if you place your bank book in updating machine without any transaction it will just print actual amount on your account and actual date anyway. So you don’t need to make any additional transaction to verify your balance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SergeD said:

In Bangkok Bank if you place your bank book in updating machine without any transaction it will just print actual amount on your account and actual date anyway. So you don’t need to make any additional transaction to verify your balance.

OK

6 hours ago, SergeD said:

Ditto, my experience with Bangkok Bank. Never have needed to do the 'transaction shuffle',  just the bankbook update only on the day of extension. Bank letters acquired a day or two in advance, no problem. This is for CW in Bangkok.

Edited by rwilem

1 minute ago, rwilem said:

Ditto, my experience with Bangkok Bank. Never have needed to do the 'deposit and/or withdrawal shuffle',  just the bankbook update on the day of extension. Bank letters acquired a day or two in advance, no problem. This is for Bangkok.

Yeah, just thought about that. I also use BBL, and can get current balance without any transaction. If you use other banks that may not be the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Yeah, just thought about that. I also use BBL, and can get current balance without any transaction. If you use other banks that may not be the case.

Yes, it may not be the same for other banks, how they handle the entries for bankbook updates. But nice that the way Bangkok Bank does it eliminates the need for those small transactions. 

This is what I've done over Five years now for Jomtien just Renewed end of January. 

I go to Bangkok Bank at 3pm,  make a deposit once recorded I ask for the letter 100baht,  I get a receipt for that hundred baht had a date and time but I've never had to use it. 

My theory is 24 hours from the time I obtain the letter and time applying for the extension which is always the next morning. I'm usually the first 3, I've never been questioned about the letter Based on the time I'm applying. 

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They were fine with the letter dated previous day, never mentioned

Thanks as I am planning for next week.

I haven't been down since last year so I can I ask do you need an appointment now or can you just rock up as before?

Also what time did you go and how busy was it as I used to go pm? Thanks 

41 minutes ago, topt said:

Thanks as I am planning for next week.

I haven't been down since last year so I can I ask do you need an appointment now or can you just rock up as before?

Also what time did you go and how busy was it as I used to go pm? Thanks 

No appointments as far as i know. Queue starts forming 7.30am on the left, doors open 8.30am. Pro tip: don't queue with the rabble on the left, sit on the right in front of the doors, at 8.35 you'll be able to walk straight in, hold your nerve or you'll have to go in the rabble queue.

Afternoon wasn't busy, i went back to pick up 3pm

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are renewing your retirement extension at Jomtien, you do not have to join the queue.  They now have a desk outside - to the right of the entry gate - where you can obtain a queue number for Desk 8 then bypass line to enter when number is called.  Apparently you have to look for it as the sign is small. I have had a couple of folks tell me they were not aware of it, but they just went to the exit door and told the Immigration person they were there for retirement extension and were admitted.  

Jomtien Immigration also has an outside desk for 90 day & TM.30 reporting where you turn in your passport, get a claim number,  and wait while an Immigration Officer takes them inside for processing and brings them back.  There are chairs available to sit in while you wait.

Gday

Im doing my annual marriage extension with 1. The Bank letter from the privous day. In fact permissible are 3 days. 2. Im using a fixed deposit 3 years for the 400k. Everything worked out well for the last 10 years.

Now is there also a ticket counter for marriage extension at joimtien.?

Wbr

Roobaa01

On 3/3/2023 at 2:54 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Afternoon wasn't busy, i went back to pick up 3pm

Unfortunately Wednesday it was.......and I hadn't read this before going - 

On 3/6/2023 at 7:39 AM, soisanuk said:

If you are renewing your retirement extension at Jomtien, you do not have to join the queue.  They now have a desk outside

I was told by guy on door to go join the queue (seats on left) and he did not mention the desk outside (which was busy when I arrived). When I got to the desk (nearly an hour later about 3.40) I was told to come back tomorrow and couldn't change their mind......

So this morning arrived there 8.40 ish. Went to desk on right, was given a number on passport and told to show to person on exit door, joined small queue and given no 14 - bypassing about 30 plus people sitting on the left where I had been yesterday.

They were showing no 5 when I sat down and had to wait 45 minutes or so to be seen. 

So thanks to @soisanukas it meant I was able to complete the application and make my golf game :thumbsup:

The signs mentioned are attached high to the roof of the covering on the right, are blue and the Retirement one also has a a picture of a broken down figure walking with a cane, which is why I didn't pursue it yesterday.....