The untold story of the teenage mother of a missing baby

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2023-02-28T141046.811-1.png

“I have never had a dream. Since childhood, I have never thought about what I will be when I grow up, but I have thought that I will get a job that will earn enough to feed me. I have never thought of becoming a doctor or a nurse. I have never thought that far. Just look at my house. I think I can never reach that point…….” [Nim, 24th Feb. 2023]

This statement is part of an interview the Mirror Foundation had with Nim, the 17-year-old mother of the missing 8-month-old baby boy, last Friday night. It has not been published until today, as the foundation thought that the situation on Friday made it inappropriate to do so.

The foundation hopes, however, that this interview will reveal to society another side of the incident and to enable an understanding of the background of a young girl, up to the point of becoming a criminal suspect.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/the-untold-story-of-the-teenage-mother-of-a-missing-baby/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3
  • Love It 1

Mother of missing baby says baby was dead, seeks public’s forgiveness

image.png

The teenage mother of the missing 8-month baby told the media that her son was dead when she decided to put the body into a canal near her home and offered a public apology.

Speaking to the media this afternoon, Nim asked for a chance to begin a new life, saying that she would like to go back to school. She also pleaded with the media and the police not to interfere with her family while she faces litigation for the offences she allegedly committed.

The teenage mother maintains that she didn’t lie about the location where she placed her dead baby into the canal, in Bang Len district of Nakhon Pathom Province, saying that she had lied before and she has learned her lesson.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/mother-of-missing-baby-says-baby-was-dead-seeks-publics-forgiveness/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

She will claim mitigating circumstances for the babies death being the 39 Celsius temperature when they left the hospital causing it to die and then she panicked....a lawyer will assist her. Her lovely husband who sold her off to an uncle is another side of this debacle.....only in Thailand, or maybe I mixed stories up.

She needs a severe punishment,  but what a life some of these kids have , they need to be taught that having a baby ain’t going to help improve her life , there needs to be more done to give hope for the young ,  too much money and power in the hands of so few heartless people 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

She will claim mitigating circumstances for the babies death being the 39 Celsius temperature when they left the hospital causing it to die and then she panicked....a lawyer will assist her. Her lovely husband who sold her off to an uncle is another side of this debacle.....only in Thailand, or maybe I mixed stories up.

Not only in Thailand. I've heard of similar sordid stories in other countries, some of which are supposedly "developed".

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Drumbuie said:

She's only seventeen, probably was only sixteen when she became a mother, and that's something that is overwhelming for any woman, even with support; it sounds like she had very little of that. 

She deserves sympathy (an emotion which seems to be significantly lacking in these forums, particularly for females, and especially for non-white females) not scorn.

Isn´t that a choice? Should a person that accept getting pregnant and knows that results in having a baby not be ready for that? Stop your nonsense. 

• Sad 2

amazing the amount of judgment coming from the forum; men who can't relate to a desperate teenage mother. a sad story all around, lives wasted by the stigma of abortion. if abortion was acceptable and free to the poor then society as a whole would benefit. not a popular opinion but a valid one