Thai Police Raid Chinese Businessman’s Warehouse and Seize Ten Million Baht Haul of Fake Auto Parts

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Khaosod

By Tanakorn Panyadee

A combined team of Thai police on Tuesday, February 28th, raided a warehouse in the Nakhon Chaisi district of Nakhon Pathom province and impounded 10 million baht worth of counterfeit auto parts. The facility was owned by a Chinese businessman, said a Thai caretaker of the warehouse.

According to the police, the warehouse was used for storing counterfeit car and motorcycle components, which were later distributed to auto part stores and garages, as well as sold online at prices lower than the market standard.

Acting on an arrest warrant issued by the Nakhon Pathom Provincial Court, the authorities searched the facility and seized about 200,000 counterfeit auto parts bearing fake brand labels including popular names like Honda, Yamaha, and NSK. Police also found a Thai man who said he was a caretaker of the place, Mr. Sunthorn.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/01/thai-police-raid-chinese-businessmans-warehouse-and-seize-ten-million-baht-haul-of-fake-auto-parts/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-03-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is well known in Thailand that you get quoted 2 prices to repair your motor, using genuine parts or 'aftermarket' ones, and here we have the source of the fake ones, they have been and will be around still.

Saying  ‘Fake Parts’  I take it to mean that the parts and packaging are made to look like a genuine parts as supplied by the vehicle manafacture in their origional packaging.

What is available everywhere are genuine OEM, Chinese OEM or aftermarket. Of course the source of these parts could be from any of the previous.

Edited by PFMills
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

That's why my wife pushed me to buy a new car, not second hand. Even if it's a newer used car, they'll often swap out many of the parts with cheap knockoffs.

Sound advice!

10 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

That's why my wife pushed me to buy a new car, not second hand. Even if it's a newer used car, they'll often swap out many of the parts with cheap knockoffs.

Here's another sound advise. Service your car at authorized service center. They give quality assurance and buys you a peace of mind.