Phuket authorities introduce “red card” system for foreigners who break the law

webfact

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

I have an opinion on this.

Pieces of camel dung.

Quit Pro Quo.

And UK starts deporting the Thai prostitutes who marry gullible Brits and then divorce them as soon as they gain UK residency. 

They then resort to growing weed, using massage as a " front" to sell sex etc.

Let's throw them out of the UK.

Evidence of this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Problem is that I see a lot of locals who see 'breaking laws' as an Olympic discipline. Will they also get red and yellow cards? 

2 hours ago, Rig Pig said:

Do local Thai's committing the same "crimes" get similar treatment?

And where exactly do you think the Thais should be deported to? Their own country? 

Of course they won’t be deported, by International law you cannot deport anybody from a country they have citizenship rights in unless they have citizenship rights elsewhere & even then it’s hard to do. 

I do agree that if you’re going to make 2 minor motoring offences = deportation/blacklisting then the penalty for Thais doing the same should be increased severely but talk of deporting them is asinine.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Love It 1

Me thinks someone took a head shot at a soccer(football) match and hasn’t fully recovered. Tossing people for minor vehicle infractions sounds like a great way to welcome tourists to

the county for holiday. 

Hopefully whomever spurted this nonsense quickly retract it and come up with solutions for all people not just those people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The red card system is part of a larger initiative aimed at promoting better behaviour among tourists. At the press conference, officials referred to a rise in bad behaviour among tourists in recent years, with incidents such as dangerous driving, riding a motorbike without a helmet, and not having the correct driving licence on the rise

???????????? Are they serious ?

Im pretty sure most of the people I see on the roads with no helmets are Thai , the drivers in all the road accident videos wiping out groups of people sitting in restaurants or driving on roads are Thai and as for driving license I’m sure a high number bought theirs or won it in a lucky bag ! 
But hey let’s target all the foreigners for all the trouble they cause ! ????????

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A new initiative called the “Red Card” system has been launched in Phuket, Thailand, to crack down on bad behaviour or law-breaking by foreigners. The initiative was announced by Praphansak Prasansuk, a senior Immigration officer, at a press conference attended by a horde of high-ranking officials yesterday.

Good to know Phuket is allowed to introduce anything they want and somehow even manage to stop people from coming back and notify embassy's .

Though unsure what they want or expect embassy's to do and how they plan to stop people from coming back when this idiotic idea is only in Phuket

Are they aware they are NOT  the law, have courts and judges who make decisions?

Not wearing a helmet is hardly a criminal offense, as for no license, how about closing down businesses who rent bikes to non licenced customers?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Zapitapi said:

hmm...ok those "laws" cited in the report are actually regulations not laws ..as i skim over the article it may be unlawful to implement the goals as stated by the article..my guess its going to be dropped

why are you looking for loopholes in something that probably doesn't even apply to you or affect you? it is aimed at those foreigners who are a pain in the ass and dont respect the law or the culture of the country they are in. Most foreigners who live here get this, and most are tired of drunken idiots fighting and driving around as if there are no laws. There ARE and if you break them you should expect there to be some punishment to be meted out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

I don’t think it’s wrong except who decides if you broke the law , surely it should be the courts after a fair trial , not the mafia money grabbing plod .i said a fair trial .

a fair trial? I think this refers to minor offences, not Criminal Offences........so there wouldn't be a trial. Even if it is a money grab 9which it looks like it is) it might actually have a positive effect if it works.

• Like 1

Just now, CH1961 said:

Like it ❤️

Soon we will have empty beaches again.

Like Covid19-times ... without Covid19 ????

empty beaches? are you assuming that there are sooo many holiday makers that break the law that the beaches would become deserted if they implemented this? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So schizophrenics at the immigration results in "red cards" now? You could take the straight short cut and deport them at the first moment already. Here you take finger prints and the works - not as complicated as overly-correct Europe or the even worse USA with data protection - and Bob's your uncle. 

22 minutes ago, ronster said:

as for driving license I’m sure a high number bought theirs or won it in a lucky bag !

Every holiday period 'crackdowns' they find many, many thousands have no license at all, not even a bought or fake one. Thais, that is, not evil lawbreaking aliens like us.

• Like 1

If they start deporting tourists using a 'two-strikes you're out" scheme and then start tossing tourists for the same misdemeanors that Thais do all the time (example - riding without a helmet) - they will lose farang tourists as the Imm Detention Units fill up with deportees and the Western MSM gets wind of it. 

So that would mean that a helmetless forienger without a valid IDP and home country license would have an immediate two strikes and off to IDU for deportation. 

Not a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1